Lies of P (Souls-like)

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I highly recommend anyone who likes Soulslike games to get the Demo and play it. It is really good, surprisingly so. The combat, aesthetics, and performance are all top notch. The only jank I saw was voice acting and dialogue. All platforms, and also day one Gamepass. The demo is quite beefy, with the first 3 bosses available.

Gameplay overview:

There was another Soulslike released awhile ago, and kinda similar called Steelrising.... but this game is miles and miles better.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
this will also release on gamepass on day 1 for anyone on the fence, although there is a 3 day early access version for suckers early adopters

this is basically grimdark dark souls Pinocchio, right?

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
this will also release on gamepass on day 1 for anyone on the fence, although there is a 3 day early access version for suckers early adopters

this is basically grimdark dark souls Pinocchio, right?
Exactly. Also yes.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Bumping because this is actually going to be good.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looking pretty solid on Twitch atm.

Edit: Been watching Distortion 2 play this for a couple hours now, and I have to say it looks very well made.

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Looks like this beat The Lords of the Fallen to the punch for being the first current-gen Bloodborne clone.

Well, like someone said in another thread, if From isn't remastering a current gen Bloodborne, then someone had to make one.

Man, it sure is a Bloodborne clone though. Looks pretty high quality and worth a look, I'm just amazed Miyazaki isn't suing anyone at this point with how derivative some of these clone games are.

Also uh...is that main character a guy or a girl? Cause I seriously can't tell.

• 1Picard
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Looks like this beat The Lords of the Fallen to the punch for being the first current-gen Bloodborne clone.

Well, like someone said in another thread, if From isn't remastering a current gen Bloodborne, then someone had to make one.

Man, it sure is a Bloodborne clone though. Looks pretty high quality and worth a look, I'm just amazed Miyazaki isn't suing anyone at this point with how derivative some of these clone games are.

You drunk posting again?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Dude unless people are stealing assets there is nothing to sue about. Every game that comes out is an iteration on some formula that’s been done before. If someone emulates a game very well, we’ll good job to them, more for us to enjoy.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
You drunk posting again?
Dude unless people are stealing assets there is nothing to sue about. Every game that comes out is an iteration on some formula that’s been done before. If someone emulates a game very well, we’ll good job to them, more for us to enjoy.

Obviously Miyazaki can't actually sue anyone, that's a joke. They created a new genre and games are being made in that genre and I probably need to accept it. Back in the day I wasn't crazy about the "EQ clones" either, but it started a new genre and it was what it was (then WoW came along and people thought it started the genre, but I digress).

At least the machine bosses are different and the game goes out of its way to be innovative with the setting. I actually really like the way this looks. It's the first Soulslike since Demon Souls to really use the PS5 gen hardware (and push said hardware further)

Maybe I'm just pissed at "Souls-clones" because Lords of the Fallen was so bad, and Mortal Shell...wasn't good.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Obviously Miyazaki can't actually sue anyone, that's a joke. They created a new genre and games are being made in that genre and I probably need to accept it. Back in the day I wasn't crazy about the "EQ clones" either, but it started a new genre and it was what it was (then WoW came along and people thought it started the genre, but I digress).

At least the machine bosses are different and the game goes out of its way to be innovative with the setting. I actually really like the way this looks. It's the first Soulslike since Demon Souls to really use the PS5 gen hardware (and push said hardware further)

Maybe I'm just pissed at "Souls-clones" because Lords of the Fallen was so bad, and Mortal Shell...wasn't good.
Yea I wasn't a fan of either as well. However, Remnant could be called an iteration on the Souls formula molded to a shooter, and turned out to be extremely good.

Sometimes small iteration, or straight up clones, strike gold. For example, that new GranBlue Fantasy relink looks like quite the "clone" of Monster Hunter, and if executed correctly that's a great thing for everybody.

Clones also force the original creators to keep on their game.

99-08 we got so many FPS "clones" we didn't know how good we had it, and now look at where we're at with shooters. Just constant stale shit. Hasn't been a good arena or team shooter in years and years.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

I don't get the Bloodborne comparisons at all. I didn't find the gameplay to be anything at all like Bloodborne, it's much more like regular Souls combat. I suppose the Victorian settings are similar but Lies of P is much more steampunk than Bloodborne (which in turn is much more on the gothic horror side).

For example, that new GranBlue Fantasy relink looks like quite the "clone" of Monster Hunter, and if executed correctly that's a great thing for everybody.
Wat? Gran Blue Fantasy Relink looks like it's going to play very much like Tales of Arise. I don't recall seeing any MH elements in the trailers they've released so far.

Correct! Has newest Denuvo gen copy pardon "tampering" protection
Even on Game Pass version? I have only preloaded it on Series X, but Windows Store uses UWP (or nothing since they removed the requirement) and I think Metro Exodus is the only game that ever had Denuvo while on Game Pass.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wat? Gran Blue Fantasy Relink looks like it's going to play very much like Tales of Arise. I don't recall seeing any MH elements in the trailers they've released so far.
I'm thinking more the 4 player co-op going out on missions RPG type of elements. Clones probably the wrong word. Maybe essence or genre. I'm all for more 4 player co-op PvE games with heavy RPG elements.

Also this games gameplay looks more of a mix between BB and Sekiro. Its been a while since I played Sekiro but I don't think you got new weapons? Or maybe you alternated between like a heavy sword and medium (or maybe it was stances and upgraded the skills related to stances?) Either way this game looks pretty damn good.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It is a Dark Souls game with Sekiro Parry system and Bloodbornes HP recovery system. And more flashy than any of them in terms of what you can do later in the game with weapons and arms.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I don't get the Bloodborne comparisons at all. I didn't find the gameplay to be anything at all like Bloodborne, it's much more like regular Souls combat. I suppose the Victorian settings are similar but Lies of P is much more steampunk than Bloodborne (which in turn is much more on the gothic horror side).

This review mentions a couple times how similar it is to Bloodborne, even concludes that if you're futilly waiting for a Bloodborne 2, this is your game.

I really should get it.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Pretty sure it's the Victorian look, which we all know Miyazaki invented