Limitless

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
ieXc6ryp53DGOv9X3PFhTvTtLau.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Limitless[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2015-09-22[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]Limitless, based on the feature film, picks up where the movie left off and follows Brian Sinclair as he discovers the power of the mysterious drug NZT, and is coerced into using his newfound drug-enhanced abilities to solve weekly cases for the FBI.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

So if any of you remember the Bradley Cooper movie, Limitless, they've decided to make a Limitless TV Series. It follows the same rules. Magic pill makes you smarter. It's in the same world that Bradley Cooper's character is also. The first episode has the main character walk past a sign that says to elect Cooper to mayor.

Anyway, I'm unsure of how I feel about the show. Nothing really sticks out to me as "wow, that's cool". I'll watch the rest of the first episode and give my opinion. What I don't like is that mysteriously, more than one person has these pills. In the cooper world, he was the only guy. But now it's something that a random stock broker passes to his friend. I don't know if I like the idea of that one. Anyway, the red head girl that played Dexter's sister in Dexter is also in this show. Although, she dyed her hair darker. Still a hint of red, but it's brown now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ok, about the show. I still don't love it, but it might be worth watching. I'm conflicted if it's this show that's making me say that, or the fact that I really enjoyed the movie so want to believe the show might be entertaining. It's very gimmicky. The FBI agents in this series know all about the drug, and even have their hands on it, but don't use it. This leaves me to believe that a LOT of people know about it and a bunch probably use it. But it's more like a dirty little secret than anything else. They need to flush the story out more. *shrugs*

I'll give it another 2-3 episodes and see if they grab me. I hope that this doesn't become a "bad guy of the week" type of show. That would turn me off of it.

khorum

Murder Apologist
What channel is it on? If it's on network TV or basic cable it's definitely gonna be episodic with bad-guy-of-the-week instead of a serial drama.

Caliane

In the movie he was not the only guy really.

It never really addressed it. But, first there was a lab that makes the stuff. Iirc it was not ever really suggested why, or how. But, the drug as the mind expander was not the intent. someone however noticed it. And for some reason started selling it/passing it around to friends. Coopers sister also took the drug. but, she noted that it REALLY messed you up when you came down off it. Some fatalities. This is why Coopers character kept having to take more and more, and more frequently, to prevent this. If there is anything special about him, possibly its just that. Hes the only one to have such a large supply and keep taking more and more. DeNiro learns about the drug, and BUYS the lab that made the stuff, cutting off Cooper's supply. Cooper retorts he knows enough about it now, he can make it himself. AND, has improved on it, so it no longer has the side effects/downsides. so HIS lab is now making a better version of it.

So the drug is out there in the movie. In at least 2 labs, and likely on the streets.

haven't watched the series yet.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, my recollection of the movie was that it was pretty obvious numerous other unseen people were also using and/or making the drug, and DeNiro's character basically stated as much. I thought the first three quarters of the movie was awesome, but then they Hollywooded the shit out of the ending.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I remember the movie made you into a super-hero of intelligence while under the effect of the drug. When it wore off, you now became a babbling idiot for a little while before returning to normal.

In the show, they no longer become babbling idiots. They go from super-human to normal fairly quick, with a nasty hangover type of feeling. On top of that, taking the drug re-wires your brain and eventually leads to death. However, Governor-elect Cooper created a counter drug that removes all of the negative side effects. It no longer rewires your brain, you can take it forever and have no side effect.

That's what the CIA/FBI want. A group of super smart agents that don't have the negative side effects.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Anyway, the red head girl that played Dexter's sister in Dexter is also in this show. Although, she dyed her hair darker. Still a hint of red, but it's brown now.
She filmed the pilot when she was about to pop out a turkey since she was 8months preggers, did they just do a lot of head shots of her?, the darker hair is probably also from being preggers.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Come to think of it, I don't think I saw her body at all. Just her face/head/upper body. Good call.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The movie was full of plot holes and it seemed like the ending was written by a different person than the rest of the movie.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Uhhh... Jennifer carpenter's hair was never red in Dexter. Almost all her GIS results don't show red hair. You might be color blind, man.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It was very bad, as expected. Another random cop procedural? laMentalist / Lie To Me with dumb writing, bland story and mediocre acting.

Caliane

Uhhh... Jennifer carpenter's hair was never red in Dexter. Almost all her GIS results don't show red hair. You might be color blind, man.
its Auburn. its def pretty red in some shots. Squarely brown in others. Both in the show, and on google.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
In the movie he was not the only guy really.

It never really addressed it. But, first there was a lab that makes the stuff. Iirc it was not ever really suggested why, or how. But, the drug as the mind expander was not the intent. someone however noticed it. And for some reason started selling it/passing it around to friends. Coopers sister also took the drug. but, she noted that it REALLY messed you up when you came down off it. Some fatalities. This is why Coopers character kept having to take more and more, and more frequently, to prevent this. If there is anything special about him, possibly its just that. Hes the only one to have such a large supply and keep taking more and more. DeNiro learns about the drug, and BUYS the lab that made the stuff, cutting off Cooper's supply. Cooper retorts he knows enough about it now, he can make it himself. AND, has improved on it, so it no longer has the side effects/downsides. so HIS lab is now making a better version of it.

So the drug is out there in the movie. In at least 2 labs, and likely on the streets.

haven't watched the series yet.
Yup it has at least two labs maybe more making it. Honestly with enough supply any of the NZT users would likely go the bradley cooper route of doing research on it to mitigate/elimiate the side effects and to produce their own supplies so its very possible there is a large number of places capable of making it although these super bright people are also probably smart enough to realize unleashing it to wide distribution is a bad plan so many would be very limited customer wise.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
This could be a pretty awesome show if it were like a completely different story every few episode about some person who went way above because of the drug and then it back fired hard.

As is, boring as fuck.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Not the best pilot in the world, but I enjoyed it. Although I'd put his brain to figuring out the grand unification theory rather than solving murders.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I put off watching this because I was worried it wouldn't be good, but I was pretty impressed with it. I'll be watching for sure unless things suddenly take a massive downturn.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I put off watching this because I was worried it wouldn't be good, but I was pretty impressed with it. I'll be watching for sure unless things suddenly take a massive downturn.
Enjoyed the second episode. Ratings improved over the pilot which is impressive. Very likable lead and good humor to boot.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm still enjoying this show. Up to episode 5 now. They're broadening their Dexter cast also. The latest episode has the cop that Dexter's sister used to fuck. So now both are on this show.