Lineage Eternal

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Oloh_sl

shitlord
Not much news to report in December, but the NC Soft CEO spoke about Lineage Eternal briefly on December 1 and indicated that the game is in development and still on track.

When asked about Tencent Games publishing Lineage Eternal (in China), a Tencent staff quickly mentioned that this is business secret and it is not convenient to answer. However, Mr Taek Jin Kim (CEO of NC Soft) said that through working with Tencent on Blade & Soul, both parties now know better on how to provide better content for players. Mr Taek Jin Kim mentioned that Lineage Eternal is still in development, and the process of developing Blade & Soul has been a great help. Mr Taek Jin Kim reiterated that NCsoft's core focus will still be on client games, rather than mobile games. While other developers claim that the client games market is "cold", he is adamant it is because they only stopped at the "OK" level, and success will only arrive if they make the best client games possible.
Source:MMO Culture

Oloh_sl

shitlord
Well, the end of the year Beta schedule release estimate came and went with no information being released. Nothing at G-Star (Korean e3). Nothing at the investor meetings. Complete radio silence out of Korea on this. The project isn't in trouble...I am pretty sure, but the global releases of Blade and Soul and the beta hype for Wildstar probably both contribute to keeping this project under wraps. I even checked with Steparu (good eastern MMO source) and hasn't heard anything either come across the Korean press.

Just an update to say, no update, despite checking every couple days or so for any information.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Oloh, don't want to start another thread so I'll ask here. You know of anyway to get into the Bless Online beta? I'm intrigued by the fact it has both tab targeting based combat and action combat based on what class you play.

Oloh_sl

shitlord
Oloh, don't want to start another thread so I'll ask here. You know of anyway to get into the Bless Online beta? I'm intrigued by the fact it has both tab targeting based combat and action combat based on what class you play.
Tad, not sure. Check their facebook. They were giving away a few Beta accounts on it for liking, etc. I would checkNewGameWayregularly. They get beta accounts pretty regularly. I know they had ArcheAge when it was in beta (I bought one), Blade and Soul and even Black Desert. They will probably, at some point, get Bless accounts. Also, watchSteparu.com - News, Reviews, Previews, and Information for Foreign Gaming!. He follows all the major asian titles, including Bless closely and gives english instructions when betas come available. Thats all I know, pretty much. Bless is "just off" my list of titles to watch, for reasons I am not too sure of. I'm just not as excited about it as I am ArcheAge, Black Desert and especially Lineage Eternal.

Oloh_sl

shitlord
UPDATE:

NCsoft released their Q3 2013 earnings report and revealed the plans for two of the company's new MMORPGs WildStar and Lineage Eternal. At the conference call, it said WildStar was aiming at mid-2014 launch window whileLineage Eternal will announce beta schedule between June and September. This year, NCsoft will focus on Lineage Eternal, and theyconfirmed that this action title will be presented at G-Star 2014.

SOURCE

Updating main post with information.

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
Good so people can then blame LE for not getting BnS yet once Wildstar releases.

Oloh_sl

shitlord
G-Star is the Korean e3 and is in November typically, so there should be a lot of good information out at the end of this year. I will definitely play this game at release in Korea.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
fucking bullshit that we have to wait for major titles from Korea years on end...and we are stuck with crap garbage like TESO and Wildstar....

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
fucking bullshit that we have to wait for major titles from Korea years on end...and we are stuck with crap garbage like TESO and Wildstar....
Learn Korean and just do what Oloh does and if Ping is the problem, move to Korea ;P

Oloh_sl

shitlord
I think Lineage Eternal is going to be the shit, actually. Truly first innovative MMO in a long time. It is the Korean equivalent to Project Titan for Blizzard...a LOT of people are really excited about it.

Oloh_sl

shitlord
Just a quick update for those looking forward to this title. Beta is confirmed to be coming at the end of this year.SOURCEWe will almost certainly hear a lot of new information at this year's G-Star (Korean e3), which typically takes place in November.

Updated the main post.

Nabi

Trakanon Raider
Here's a couple of videos. This should be playable at G-Star in Korea over the weekend.

a short clip of the assassin class @ 11:05

more gameplay footage with char select/customization at the beginning

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
hmmm this and lost ark really look gorgeous. Pretty similar too on concept as well if i not mistaken.

Oloh_sl

shitlord
Developer Q&A (Translated poorly from Korean)

Q: Some players think Lineage Eternal is similar to Diablo 3 in gameplay style, what do you think about that?

A: If just judging from one trailer, the two are very much like truly in view and attacking ways, but Lineage Eternal give more chance for players to interact. As a MMORPG, Lineage Eternal this time mainly displays RPG content, and more MMO content will be added to increase interaction among players in the near future. For example, only maximum four players can team up in Diablo 3, while 20 or more players can team up in Lineage Eternal.

Moreover, in character growth, Diablo 3 only focus on roll gear upgrade, but Lineage Eternal pursuit the team work and how much contribution a player can give for the team, inheriting features like clan and siege warfare of its pre-works.
Q: How to realize the interaction between players?

A: There isn't any specific show about players' interaction. But for instance, adjacent players can accept a same task, or field boss that couldn't be beat by single player coming out enables cooperation.
Q: What's innovation does Lineage Eternal make in traditional upgrading ways?

A: There are only eight starting skills in Lineage Eternal, which is for players to quicker master skills. But as player's level goes higher, each skill will have two to three branches. And player can choose according to self combat states.
Q: SmileGate has brought a highly-anticipated MMORPG Lost Ark to G-star 2014, do you think they will be a big rival for Lineage Eternal?

A: In fact, competitors give us great help and momentum to make Lineage Eternal much better.
Q: Lineage 1 is 2D, Lineage 2 is 3D, why Lineage Eternal take the Quarter View? Will there be multiple view choices for player?

A: When playing game, we'll adopt fixed 2.5D quarter view. But when player enter into a massive scene or when attacking strong Boss, zooming in and out will be adjusted. We hope to use changeless view to attract players' attention so that they could concentrate on game.
Q: In previous demo, we see that dynamic dungeon is a core feature of Lineage Eternal. What is it?

A: Dynamic dungeon in Lineage Eternal can be used to create unlimited combinations, just like Lego blocks, the more Number & Kind is, the more forms will be. We'll consider the demands from players and put more "Lego blocks" into this game and create more combinations for them to experience. In addition, Lineage Eternal allows multiple players to download a same dungeon, but the map, monsters, quests and event of which will be random allocated.
Q: In the trailer released in 2011, a character protects his teammate with shield by holding back the fire from monster's mouth. So have any gamers already experienced this interesting cooperation?

A: We've made these contents and undergone some tests, but it's too difficult to realize. So we didn't add any similar content. It's a pity
Q: Are there any hardened system, gear customization system or pet system in Lineage Eternal?

A: We have hardened system and gear customization system. As to pet system, we are now making choice between mercenary system and pet system
Q: How many classes will be in Lineage Eternal?

A: At least five or more classes will appear in Open Beta Korea.
Q: What time will you launch this MMORPG?

A: Considering the development process, we'll kick off Lineage Eternal Open Beta before 2016 and finally launch it worldwide in both PC and mobile. If later-stage development become faster, the game will meet players earlier