Loki

spronk

FPS noob
i lost my immersion a little bit when not a single white rich guy in the audience yelled out "WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT N WORD DOING ON STAGE"

enjoyed the episode but the marvel/kang shit isn't great. Sylvie has turned into a real buzzkill, she just keeps popping in to do dumb shit and no amount of "bitch we are trying to save the universe, including your own retarded McDonalds land" is getting through to her. I guess it sorta did at the end.

definitely want to see what the fuck is going on with Miss Minutes. Feels like only three characters actually know whats going on - Miss Minutes, He Who Remains (dead), and OB. Miss Minutes wants some Kang dick, right

joz123

Potato del Grande
i lost my immersion a little bit when not a single white rich guy in the audience yelled out "WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT N WORD DOING ON STAGE"

enjoyed the episode but the marvel/kang shit isn't great. Sylvie has turned into a real buzzkill, she just keeps popping in to do dumb shit and no amount of "bitch we are trying to save the universe, including your own retarded McDonalds land" is getting through to her. I guess it sorta did at the end.

definitely want to see what the fuck is going on with Miss Minutes. Feels like only three characters actually know whats going on - Miss Minutes, He Who Remains (dead), and OB. Miss Minutes wants some Kang dick, right
Did you not watch the first season? Sylvie spelled it out why she wants Kang dead at all costs. It would be weird if she didn't try to kill anything that looks like him.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
They are giving the impression this is a planned cycle, where the original hid a clone/copy of himself for whenever he gets killed. Basically a Matrix Reloaded where he locks the TVA into needing him, conveniently recreates himself to save them while rebooting all of the variants employed there, or at least memory wiping them.

Sylvie has the right idea, they need to not only kill him they have to end his cycle to actually have free choice.
As I see it, Its not a planned cycle as much as He Who Remains sort of knew that this variant had potential but in the end:
"You don't know me. You don't know the heart... the heart I have beating on my chest.
I can make my own choices."

Which is brilliant!
It put Sylvie right up against all that she stands for... free will, the opportunity to make your own choices, regardless of whose variant you are.
In that moment a paradox was created in her mind, if she goes on to kill every possible Kang variant, how is she any better than He Who Remains?
I hope they work on that going forward.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I'd be totally fine if Marvel did nothing but more seasons of Loki at this point. Every episode of this series has been 100% my jam.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So obviously the series isn't over, but I was figuring that the solution was (or maybe still will be) to give the timeslipping Loki from the past the device and have him plug it in to past TVA.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
90% of this show is just people talking

Its like a CW superhero show

joz123

Potato del Grande

Dance Russia GIF by Jason Clarke

Burns

Don't worry brah, they will flash some Crocodile with a green hat on, for a few seconds, and everyone will rate this a 10/10.

• 1Like
  • 1Double Worf

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Don't worry brah, they will flash some Crocodile with a green hat on, for a few seconds, and everyone will rate this a 10/10.

Why is Loki wearing a shirt and tie for 2 seasons now?

Burns

Why is Loki wearing a shirt and tie for 2 seasons now?
To obviously indicate to the audience that after meeting the love of his life, he now wants to be a better man. That way everyone can feel good about him being a good guy now, even after causing the death of millions of people.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
To obviously indicate to the audience that after meeting the love of his life, he now wants to be a better man. That way everyone can feel good about him being a good guy now, even after causing the death of millions of people.

I like how they finally remembered halfway through season 2 that he has super powers. And he used them to scare a guy in an alley

Burns

I like how they finally remembered halfway through season 2 that he has super powers. And he used them to scare a guy in an alley
I thought season 2 Wheel of Time was better than season 1 of Loki, so still on the fence about starting season 2. Waiting for the end of the season for overall impressions.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I think Tom Hiddleston is doing the best he can with the material he is given, but I feel bad for him. He's clearly better than this crap. If it wasn't for the set designs and the occasional special effects, you would be hard pressed to tell this show from the CW.

It's just endless talking and talking about "Muh timeline!" and how are we gonna save this timeline or that timeline, and what mcguffin are we going to use to build the time saving machine. At times the show tries to imprint on you how important all this is by talking about millions of timelines and trillions of people dying and I literally can't be bothered to care because if a million timelines get deleted, there's another billion timelines out there.

The multiverse phase of MCU has pretty much eliminated all stakes. Saving the universe is meaningless when there's near unlimited number of them.

Which brings me back to something else. Why is only Loki doing this with Owen Wilson? Why aren't any of the Avengers, or Asgardians, or Jotunheimians or whoever Loki's pals and bros are helping him with this? If Kang is such a big villain for the new phase it seems pretty low stakes to just leave him to Owen Wilson and Loki

joz123

Potato del Grande
I think Tom Hiddleston is doing the best he can with the material he is given, but I feel bad for him. He's clearly better than this crap. If it wasn't for the set designs and the occasional special effects, you would be hard pressed to tell this show from the CW.

It's just endless talking and talking about "Muh timeline!" and how are we gonna save this timeline or that timeline, and what mcguffin are we going to use to build the time saving machine. At times the show tries to imprint on you how important all this is by talking about millions of timelines and trillions of people dying and I literally can't be bothered to care because if a million timelines get deleted, there's another billion timelines out there.

The multiverse phase of MCU has pretty much eliminated all stakes. Saving the universe is meaningless when there's near unlimited number of them.

Which brings me back to something else. Why is only Loki doing this with Owen Wilson? Why aren't any of the Avengers, or Asgardians, or Jotunheimians or whoever Loki's pals and bros are helping him with this? If Kang is such a big villain for the new phase it seems pretty low stakes to just leave him to Owen Wilson and Loki
Dance Russia GIF by Jason Clarke

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Beginning of episode 2 = halfway through the season.

Glad you decided to shit up this thread, too with your shitty takes

• 2Like