Loop Hero

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Why would you say this and not say what game it was ? Is that some guilty pleasure you want to keep secret or something ? :D
Cause I assumed people wouldn't care but yeah as Hateyou Hateyou said it was Tales of Maj'eyal. It uses free community art and stuff and honestly looks like total ass, a pixel look would look a lot better since you wouldn't notice how bad the sprites are as much. At least it wasn"t ASCII like so many rogue-likes, I just can't get into that style at all. But it was a ton of fun to play.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Cause I assumed people wouldn't care but yeah as Hateyou Hateyou said it was Tales of Maj'eyal. It uses free community art and stuff and honestly looks like total ass, a pixel look would look a lot better since you wouldn't notice how bad the sprites are as much. At least it wasn"t ASCII like so many rogue-likes, I just can't get into that style at all. But it was a ton of fun to play.
It’s still a pretty fun game even though it’s ugly. There’s so so much replay in it is what made me guess that. I never put in a ton of hours but I enjoyed it.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Also, Loop Hero is addicting but it’s pretty repetitive. There really isn’t a whole lot you change up in strategy. Build a mountain range with 9 rocks. Stack mountains around it. Build crystal things with meadows around them. Stack regen/vampirism. Fill as many squares surrounding the camp to weaken the boss. Loop, farm, build town, repeat. It’ll probably be something I play on a second screen on 1x speed while playing something turn based like urtuk.

I haven’t beat second boss yet but the how to get there has been pretty much the same every time, just unlocking more powerful things in town until it clicks and he goes down.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You do kinda switch your strategy when you unlock better stuff, like I haven't used mountains in a while, or crystals, or meadows. But yeah once you have something decent it's a bit of repetition until you get it done.

Just wiped on the last boss, he has interesting mechanics but sadly means I have to farm some stuff to counter it cause my strat didn't work at all.

Caliane

yeah, Im sure there is an optimal strat once you have everything unlocked... but, up until that point, you would be surprised how often the game throws a spanner into the works to change everything up.

Like, I just unlocked the armory gold card. which lets you place it, and open up another armor slot. for the warrior, its the helmet. helmets have "retaliation damage" as a basic stat.
and how that totally changes your warrior builds, when you reflect 10-20 damage every time an enemy attacks you..
first run for that. not sure if its rng on which slot it unlocks.

not directly the same, but other unlocks. the intel center, unlocks the encyclopedia, which then tells you what monsters can drop, or what orbs drop from what monsters. making it easier to track what you cards you should be bringing, to fight, to stock up on mats. Becuase theres THAT element too... if you need living fabric.. you need to kill living creatures..
orb of expansion? drops when you fight 4 or more creatures at once..

Just last night figued out what the icons on the cards meant. the dots. full green dot=played on path. empty black dot=played in the void. half/half dot=played next to path. oblivion has all 3.

still not sure what the tiny icon over the HP meter is. white/blue keyish looking thing.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
There’s a lot of combination things too. Like putting a vampire house next to a village. Ransacks the village but after three rounds it becomes The Counts Lands I think. Much more Ho regen and better quests

Caliane

yeah. although I would say, the card interaction element, is a much smaller part of the puzzle then most other things. Theres way fewer then you'd expect. starting, I thought that would be a much bigger deal. and if I were doing it, I'd make every card, interact with every other card, even in some small way.

The vampiremansion+village is probably the biggest interaction. and most interesting with its danger at first, then advantage after. you can overwhelm yourself if you put too many, too early.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Necromancer seems really weak. Rogue is real real strong.

This game seriously needs 4x speed and the ability to not have combat interrupt your interactions with the map.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Necromancer seems really weak. Rogue is real real strong.

This game seriously needs 4x speed and the ability to not have combat interrupt your interactions with the map.
Necromancer is a beast. When you level up and get stuff like summon 3 stronger skeletons, +5 skeletons, etc you can be really strong. The 3 stronger skeletons start at your village so the boss you start with them. If you have your skeleton level boosted high they’re nasty. It was by far my fastest kill of the boss. He didn’t even touch me through my magic HP. The skeletons just raped him.

Caliane

saw a steam post have to agree with.

This is one of those few games, a Demo really was needed, and sold the game.
Videos, and screenshots really don't sell this. A polished demo was needed. if you ever have to argue about if demos hurt or help. Point to this.

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
The steamdb link is safe, it just points your steam client to the place it can find the demo in their archives. Thanks for that link btw, i'll try the demo out but I have a feeling this is just going to be another semi-idle game and I'm full up on those.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It is weird they took the demo off the page once they launched, I remember trying to check it out at first then said fuck it I'm just gonna buy the game.

Anyway, cleared the last boss, took a bit of crafting to get the right items then proceeded to not use them cause I switched classes to rogue. Even though I was using suburbs for xp and got all the traits up to when it gets really obscene(39k xp) I didn't get the best rogue trait, Picky, but still was fine with standard gear. Ironically the 2nd boss was much harder than the last on rogue, getting past it had been my issue before but got decent enough gear this time I guess, after that it's smooth sailing due to rogue scaling. I got to the boss on necro yesterday but died because I don't think you can beat it without specific supplies on necro with the way the gimmick works.

Fun game overall, don't think I'll bother with achievements since it's pretty grindy shit(although it probably isn't that bad with alchemy hut, would just need to let it loop for a while), played 30hours though(well more like 27 since I forgot to shut the game down yesterday) so well worth the 13euros.

• 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I have bought this and am about to play in spite of my earlier grievance, it looked kind of chill in an old school rpg kind of way.

Me;
iu

• 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
This is an ipad game, I want it for my ipad. Don't believe me? It has one fucking control, right click.

It's a good game, but it would be an amazing game on the tablet. This is the kind of game you play while watching fucking garbage your wife has on, just set everything to pause after everything and wallah! a perfect ipad game.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Gacha gaming has turned game development upside-down. Steam is full of simple control, pixel graphic titles that could run on any phone or tablet. Meanwhile every other week there's a new mobile game with near-AAA MMO graphics.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I am disturbed by how much I enjoy this game right now.

Edit: I apologize for my earlier dismissal of the game, I was wrong.

• 1Like