Lost Ark Online

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
There a video or anything for the islands? It’s referred to in such a generic context that I feel that there must be a direct route

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Maxroll is the best for guides on NA/EU.

I pull up the Punika map and the rush to t3 guide on Maxroll and I get everything I need for every island.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Damn I was liking this game then Easy Anti Cheat starts rebooting my PC. Like not even an error message. Just instant reboot.

Same thing happened with Outriders which also has EAC. 😵

Raes

Vyemm Raider
There's a lot of stuff in the game that seems like it was built by actual gamers.

That's one, where you just assume you can't respec but you can at any time, anywhere. Compare to New World where the entire upside of the game was ruined by their decisions on respeccing.

That's why I think I'm enjoying it so much. All the stupid shit game designers put in seem to be missing from this one. It's just super friendly to play.

The grindiness comes from the sheer amount of stuff to do and not so much hassling the gamer.

Backinmyday.gif... Before season 2, it costs silver to respec and the cost went up as you leveled. At 50 it was like 30k or so, back when that was a lot of silver. They occasionally gave out free respec tickets and I would hoard them like Gollum with the one ring. I still keep one in my warehouse as a reminder of those dark days.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Anyone notice some crazy lag on Regulus when it comes to party invites, chaos dungeon queues etc?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Been like that almost a week on EU, and it gets worse too, early on it was laggy but still playable but now during the evening you can barely get any queue to stick. If you insist too much and the server fucks just right, it'll also count as you entering the thing even when you don't(so you can waste an abyss run like that). I'm basically waiting for midnight to do my group content stuff now, until they somehow fix it but don't know how, pretty sure it's due to them increasing the server load to "reduce" the queues, so unless they revert that I'm pretty sure it'll stay that way.

Got too excited about finding a boss rush ticket and used it without taking the weekly, RIP easy leapstones weekly. I did get like 70leapstones off the boss rush though and a lot of T3 gems, so it's very nice and was easy at this ilvl. Almost 1080 but those last levels are slow as shit, not so much because of failures, unlike T1 it's been going pretty good this time(still failling, but I haven't seen pity 100% honing rates yet) but the amount of mats you need per craft seems higher, or maybe it's just cause I don't have alts in T2 feeding mats. My blade is nearing T2 but I also don't have enough mats for her. Unlike the T1 to T2 jump though I don't feel too pressured, I'm making a good amount of gold every day selling T2 accessories, books and doing various content so it's nice. Maybe 2-3 days at this pace and I should be there if I clean out the chaos vendor and do my pvp weeklies/get another boss rush tick.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh interesting, my Demon hunter I've made several days ago apparently has full rested guardian souls/chaos dungeon rewards, even though I just hit 50. Guess it accumulates regardless, good to know if you're planning on making an alt later.

Also surprisingly strong-ish, probably because I have good runes? I've seen streamers play it and it looked like you had to stay in human form a ton but I kinda get back in demon form in 30secs which isn't too bad.

Aazrael

Tried my best to kinda read the story but once I hit that Tortoya and later Anikka I cant take it anymore. I skip everything pretty much. Just want to get to the farm-game now.

How long do you need to progress into lvl 50 msq to unlock the boost ticket?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Tried my best to kinda read the story but once I hit that Tortoya and later Anikka I cant take it anymore. I skip everything pretty much. Just want to get to the farm-game now.

How long do you need to progress into lvl 50 msq to unlock the boost ticket?
Not very long IF you skip straight to the relevant parts. Basically you have 3 continents after you get the boat, Tortoyk, Anikka and Arthetine, and then you go to North Vern and that's where the 50 content unlocks and all that shit and where you get the boost. But you can kinda go there whenever you feel like, the story isn't really linear at that point, the only necessary part is doing North Vern, the other stuff is optional, so you can just stop once you're 50(or a little bit before, you get like 25% of a level doing the first north vern questline, but you have to be 50 to continue after that) and just go there and ignore these. You'll have to come back to them eventually to do adventure tome and what not but you can do it on a powerpass char that has the story cleared and the TPs unlocked so it's faster.

For example on my Demon Hunter since I was doing sidequests to see if I missed anything important on my main, I was somewhat overleveled. Also instead of doing Tortoyk, I went straight to Arthetine, didn't even land in Anikka, and did 42-50 in Arthetine, then went to North Vern. Haven't done Tortoyk or Anikka. My main who's almost in T3 has yet to do Anikka either.

Once in North Vern you do a questline there but it's shorter than usual cause 2 of the zones are optional, so it's like an hour, hour and a half or so, and once you've done that, you unlock Shushire, which is optional too but useful if you want to optimize the first day of reset for gear(it's a very small advantage mind you). After that, you just do whatever until your gear is upgraded enough for the next mandatory quest, Rohendel, which need 460 gear.

Aazrael

Not very long IF you skip straight to the relevant parts. Basically you have 3 continents after you get the boat, Tortoyk, Anikka and Arthetine, and then you go to North Vern and that's where the 50 content unlocks and all that shit and where you get the boost. But you can kinda go there whenever you feel like, the story isn't really linear at that point, the only necessary part is doing North Vern, the other stuff is optional, so you can just stop once you're 50(or a little bit before, you get like 25% of a level doing the first north vern questline, but you have to be 50 to continue after that) and just go there and ignore these. You'll have to come back to them eventually to do adventure tome and what not but you can do it on a powerpass char that has the story cleared and the TPs unlocked so it's faster.

For example on my Demon Hunter since I was doing sidequests to see if I missed anything important on my main, I was somewhat overleveled. Also instead of doing Tortoyk, I went straight to Arthetine, didn't even land in Anikka, and did 42-50 in Arthetine, then went to North Vern. Haven't done Tortoyk or Anikka. My main who's almost in T3 has yet to do Anikka either.

Once in North Vern you do a questline there but it's shorter than usual cause 2 of the zones are optional, so it's like an hour, hour and a half or so, and once you've done that, you unlock Shushire, which is optional too but useful if you want to optimize the first day of reset for gear(it's a very small advantage mind you). After that, you just do whatever until your gear is upgraded enough for the next mandatory quest, Rohendel, which need 460 gear.
Thanks for the info. You skipped lots of stuff but I guess you do need to go there and do it eventually for MSQ and getting the Arks?

Edit: And if the Powerpass guy gets all quests unlocked do you get all the skill potions and stuff from that? Or do you still have the side quests available?

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Those skill point potions, virtue points, etc that you get from those roster quests are roster wide. You can see them on your roster page (O by default). Aftert finishing the Vern quest (killing the necromancer dude) you are mailed a power pass. After using it, you'll get your second one.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Thanks for the info. You skipped lots of stuff but I guess you do need to go there and do it eventually for MSQ and getting the Arks?

Edit: And if the Powerpass guy gets all quests unlocked do you get all the skill potions and stuff from that? Or do you still have the side quests available?
Na, the arks is just some story point shit, it's not actually relevant. If at some point it becomes relevant then yeah you'd have to go back, but that's not a big problem. The only quests needed to progress are North Vern and then each of the capstone quests that require gear, the rest is fluff, the arks don't even give stats or anything you'd expect, just shitty cards.

And yes you do get all the skill point potions that are included in that range. I actually spent like 20mins farming a drop for a skill point potion before I remembered it wasn't dropping cause I already "completed" it due to powerpass.

You do miss out on actual rewards from the quests though, stuff like engraving boxes, cards and what not. It's mostly all garbage though, engraving boxes are nice but it's largely the green ones which are worth fuck all and you get a ton of them regardless, I think I have like 7 green skills unlocked now and I still have like 40boxes. Even if I wanted more, most of these books are worth 1g each so it's whatever. One advantage however is it autocomplete the awakening quest, so you can unlock it right away.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Na, the arks is just some story point shit, it's not actually relevant. If at some point it becomes relevant then yeah you'd have to go back, but that's not a big problem. The only quests needed to progress are North Vern and then each of the capstone quests that require gear, the rest is fluff, the arks don't even give stats or anything you'd expect, just shitty cards.

And yes you do get all the skill point potions that are included in that range. I actually spent like 20mins farming a drop for a skill point potion before I remembered it wasn't dropping cause I already "completed" it due to powerpass.

You do miss out on actual rewards from the quests though, stuff like engraving boxes, cards and what not. It's mostly all garbage though, engraving boxes are nice but it's largely the green ones which are worth fuck all and you get a ton of them regardless, I think I have like 7 green skills unlocked now and I still have like 40boxes. Even if I wanted more, most of these books are worth 1g each so it's whatever. One advantage however is it autocomplete the awakening quest, so you can unlock it right away.
Thanks again! So much in this game to learn. I thought you needed to clear all the blue MSQ shit but I might just hit North Vern once I'm close to 50. Just need to dock there and you can start that quest chain?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Thanks again! So much in this game to learn. I thought you needed to clear all the blue MSQ shit but I might just hit North Vern once I'm close to 50. Just need to dock there and you can start that quest chain?
Yeah, while the quests chain together, if you just enter a continent it'll start the quest there regardless. You'll just have multiple of them opened at the same time(can just hide them from quest tracker). You need to be very close to 50 before moving since you don't get much xp before you're forced to be 50 to continue. Not that it's the end of the world you can take the liner back to where you were and just keep questing for a bit then song of return back to vern once you're done.

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just finished Tortoyk, first continent after getting the ship, and doing every single side quest, Im level 45. So similar to Pyros experience.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
You do need to eventually though, because otherwise you end up fucking yourself on t1 mats. I kept complaining in chat about how I was short and would be stuck getting to t2, but it turns out a lot of island stuff is locked behind finishing msq on various continents.

I finished it all up and suddenly had just enough materials to hit t2. Like magic.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is completion progress shared between alts? Would boosting an alt give me progress towards pre 50 side quests if i didn't do them? Been thinking of the best way to go about completion for skill points and just leveling a new character without a boost seems like the easiest way to 100% each area but im not sure if its even needed with boosts.