Lost Ark Online

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Any way to play this in English still? I bought an account. But not sure there is an up to date English patch?

The English patcher still works with all the normal caveats associated with it that applies. You can grab a download drink in the Lost Ark Discord from reddit.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Crazy there is still no news for an NA release. It’s like knowing there is a pot of gold in the other room but not wanting to open the door.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
I am also waiting for the NA release, or even EU. Gotta play some classic wow until then I guess...

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
While I still hope this comes out in NA, the hype has died down, and I'm not sure we'll get it at this point.

Although if they were to announce a NA date, I'd probably get hyped again.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I want western release, not a youtube guide on how to play the Russian version instead of Korean version.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Reht

Molten Core Raider
I want western release, not a youtube guide on how to play the Russian version instead of Korean version.
You, me, and probably a shitton more people want that. However, in the absence of a western release, this is a good option to try it out since it doesn't require you to jump through nearly as many hoops to play as the Korean version did. That being said, i played it some last night and it's pretty damn polished and looks gorgeous. My only complaint is the shit UI, similar to most eastern MMOs.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Ive heard that when it goes in Russia, chances are english (us) is coming about a year later. I dont know WTF these guys are thinking, this could print them moneys.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
From what I hear they were really targeting the Chinese market. But somehow that fell through or some shit. Didnt pass the Chinese game ministry game requirements? Or some shit? Who the fuck knows.

But why not NA, and W europe? I guess they would have to translate everything whcih im sure is a huge undertaking with all the voice acting and shit. But they could just keep it all Korean and just add in some translated text? That would work IMO.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I dunno if the snails pace is dictated by the Koreans or by the western publishers or a combo of both. Given how many western games get worldwide releases i'm inclined to lean towards western publishers being the slow ones but I don't really have any knowledge of the process to base that on.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I dunno if the snails pace is dictated by the Koreans or by the western publishers or a combo of both. Given how many western games get worldwide releases i'm inclined to lean towards western publishers being the slow ones but I don't really have any knowledge of the process to base that on.
Granted Im not a Developer - but if you dont include the Voice Overs, I just dont see how its hard to translate a game? Especially if its not altering the game play for a Western or Eastern audience. Can someone help me understand, cause I would actually like to play this game. From my understanding its still far easier to use a QWERTY keyboard to write different languages, etc. I'm also under the impression that most programming language is still written in English? One of the girls that works for me is from Shanghai and has been living here for most of her life - I cant imagine that it would be that hard for a developer to find someone of her bilingual abilities to help translate back and forth? I guess Im just being short-sighted.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Granted Im not a Developer - but if you dont include the Voice Overs, I just dont see how its hard to translate a game? Especially if its not altering the game play for a Western or Eastern audience. Can someone help me understand, cause I would actually like to play this game. From my understanding its still far easier to use a QWERTY keyboard to write different languages, etc. I'm also under the impression that most programming language is still written in English? One of the girls that works for me is from Shanghai and has been living here for most of her life - I cant imagine that it would be that hard for a developer to find someone of her bilingual abilities to help translate back and forth? I guess Im just being short-sighted.

There are entire firms you can hire just to translate games. It isn't an issue. But for whatever reason they don't want to yet.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Maybe they want the game 100% before bringing it to the west. I know they still have outstanding classes like the lancer and the assassin which are not in the game yet. But even if they did hire an outside firm to do all the translation and voice acting, it would be a huge undertaking because from what I saw, every quest is voice acted in this game.

But IMO I think the game would lose some of its charm and character if you were to translate and do all the voice acting in english. I would just like to see well translated captions and leave the korean or whatever as the main language of the game.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Maybe they want the game 100% before bringing it to the west. I know they still have outstanding classes like the lancer and the assassin which are not in the game yet. But even if they did hire an outside firm to do all the translation and voice acting, it would be a huge undertaking because from what I saw, every quest is voice acted in this game.

But IMO I think the game would lose some of its charm and character if you were to translate and do all the voice acting in english. I would just like to see well translated captions and leave the korean or whatever as the main language of the game.

If the options are English captions only,
but at least the game is released then I'm ok with it, but definitely disagree that doing the voice acting in English is a negative for English speakers.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I would rather have full translation, and suspect most people in the US would as well. I hate subtitles =/

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider

This is actually wrong. Lancer has been available in the Korean version for a few months, as well as the two assassin classes. They are not yet available in the Russian version however.

I'm genuinely curious to see how this game will do in NA. I've put in a lot of time into it (I have 6 classes max level in the KR version and 2 in the Russian) however there are definetly a lot of things that would need to be done for this to appeal long term to the NA market. For instance, I doubt NA would put up for long with mandatory dailies that really do need to be done every day to progress your character adequately and some of that progress being available in the cash shop.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This is actually wrong. Lancer has been available in the Korean version for a few months, as well as the two assassin classes. They are not yet available in the Russian version however.

I'm genuinely curious to see how this game will do in NA. I've put in a lot of time into it (I have 6 classes max level in the KR version and 2 in the Russian) however there are definetly a lot of things that would need to be done for this to appeal long term to the NA market. For instance, I doubt NA would put up for long with mandatory dailies that really do need to be done every day to progress your character adequately and some of that progress being available in the cash shop.

Can you understand Korean or have just been putting up with it?

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I don't care about the voice over at all. A more coherent translation with subs would be fine.

Dailies are a part of so many games across so many genres that it is unlikely to matter to anyone that this game appeals to.

Pay to win aspects would need to be minimum to none, but some are still successful here like Black Desert.

You can get a patch in English TJT for both clients (though not 100% if Korean still). It's not great, but it's definitely playable and can be pretty amusing at times.