Low Winter Sun

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I thought his American accent was actually kinda weak compared to a lot of other British/foreign actors. Not as glaringly bad as most American actors trying the reverse, but it bled through regularly.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
his accent in snatch was pretty damned heavy. i just watched it recently in honor of dennis farina so its fresh in my mind. either way, i like him. now we just need tyrone to show up.
tongue.png

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So this is basically The Shield : Detroit. Pilot wasn't bad (nice filming, mild writing, good / decent acting) though I'm confident the plot will suck pretty soon.
We'll soon discover that Katia isn't really dead and Geddes did set Agnew up to kill Brendan, because the true dirty cop is in fact Geddes, puppeting everything behind the curtains and he needed his partner dead because he was gonna tell everything to the IA.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Watched it and found it decent enough. What Bondurant speculated above seems to be the direction they'd go in if it was a normal run of the mill show so let's hope they don't.

IA should be checking the captains background, I'm fairly sure he used to run another murder precinct under a different name, perhaps he has a corrupt past...

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Don't really see how this is anything at all like The Shield except at the most absolute basic level.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Don't really see how this is anything at all like The Shield except at the most absolute basic level.
Gray area cops murder another cop because it serves their interests and then spend their time trying to get their shit right and stay away from prison while pretending to be good cops. Still, I'm curious to see where it's going writing wise, so I'll most likely watch the next couple of episodes.

Gask

Silver Baron of the Realm
It's never a good sign when every character on a show is more or less equally unlikable and/or uninteresting; the only guy I'm moderately curious about is the PTSD copper thief. Come on AMC you started out with such promise, who cares about a mystery involving the death of some guy we will never have a connection to carried out by two assholes who are on permanent roid rage and who don't know the meaning of the word discretion. I mean really, flipping out in front of your coworkers and not to mention the IA guy over and over + the basic forensic botches that they never should have made unless they were new to the job and haven't seen a movie in decades
rolleyes.png

I guess the whole thing relies upon them being under constant pressure from multiple angles... it's just a pity they couldn't have done it in a smarter way that also made you start to care at least a little bit about someone. But who knows, maybe they are supposed to be complete idiots and the focus will shift more toward the coke thieves.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Its not very good. The only interesting part this week was the hilarious shoe beating the black cop took from the bald cop. That was almost " They Live" levels of a ridiculously long fight scene

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So this is basically The Shield : Detroit. Pilot wasn't bad (nice filming, mild writing, good / decent acting) though I'm confident the plot will suck pretty soon.
We'll soon discover that Katia isn't really dead and Geddes did set Agnew up to kill Brendan, because the true dirty cop is in fact Geddes, puppeting everything behind the curtains and he needed his partner dead because he was gonna tell everything to the IA.
Called it right, yo. It's a bad ripoff of The Shield with mind numbing characters and bad production (lol @ Homicide cops investigating on their former Homicide colleague without any supervision or oversight). Also this makes me think : why did they makes it look like a suicide by drowning with tap water when it was so simple getting his gun while him being drunk shot him in the mouth and make it looks like a suicide ? It doesn't make any sense, some allegedly corrupt cop is found handcuffed in his car at the bottom of the river, you'd be pretty sure they're gonna autopsy the guy thoroughly and discover discrepancies. Looks pretty dumb for the bald guy, since he seems to be the top notch detective around. Oh well, he's dumb enough to believe everything the black guy says, so I guess making a murder-covered-as-a-suicide-looking-like-an-actual-murder is okay for him. It's sad though, because it makes the Law & Order writers look like geniuses.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
Necroing this thread as the wife and I started watching this on Amazon. Cast is amazing. We are about halfway through. I will say that so far it really captures the absolute depression of Detroit. Fucking abandoned screwed up buildings everywhere. Enjoying it so far.