Lucasarts shut down.

Sean_sl

shitlord
While not only space combat,Elite: Dangerousshould revive the genre sometime next year.
I'll wish diarrhea upon Mr. Braben if it doesn't.

I'd love to see a Tie Fighter vs. X-Wing on current machines. Maybe even consoles but... naaaah. Needs a joystick.
Analog sticksarejoysticks. Also there are proper Flightsticks for consoles, I have the awesome one that came with the CE of Ace Combat 6.

3oLGTQh.jpg

ramp

Silver Knight of the Realm
I wonder what'll happen with Starwars 1313, probably one of the more interesting titles they hda in development.

Coral_sl

shitlord
Star Citizen is the only example so far of a Kickstartered Space Combat Sim, and they raised 6.23M.
Yes, but Star Citizen essentially has an IP of its own attached, and is a far better example of crowdfunding and use of social media than LucasArts could ever manage.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Analog sticksarejoysticks. Also there are proper Flightsticks for consoles, I have the awesome one that came with the CE of Ace Combat 6.

3oLGTQh.jpg
Now that I've seen this, I'm completely onboard with someone remakingeveryspace flight sim/action game ever created.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
I enjoyed Loom? - MI humor in a bizarre world. Was fun like the rest of the SCUMM games
smile.png

rrr_img_19690.jpg
I LOVED LucasArts Adventure games.

But the creators of these games left LucastArts a long time ago (Ron Gilbert post Monkey Island 2 and Tim Schafer later on) and both these guys just held a successful Kickstarter game (with almost 4 million dollars funds for a new adventure game).

So, even if the IPs are going to be revisited (which is unlikely.... I wish I'm wrong though) we're still not going to have the same kind of quality since adventure games are more than just Puzzles, what we enjoyed back then was the Story, the Comedy and the Characters which requires more than just Game Designers and Programmers.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider

3oLGTQh.jpg
Oh you. Yeah I meant Flightsticks. It's just not the same using a console controller. And I envy you for that stick, even if I'd have no use for it.
I used to have a Gravis Phoenix for Tie Fighter / X-Wing. Thing was the tits.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Making a AAA flight sim that isn't made with a mouse/controller in mind is a recipe for epic failure.

Gadrel_sl

shitlord
So how much would an X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter remake get via kickstarter? Enough to cover the licensing you think?
Depends on Disney's licensing terms. They might license for $0 upfront in exchange for a high % of gross receipts. But I doubt they would do that for a fly-by-night Kickstarter campaign as opposed to an established studio.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Tie fighter and its expansions take some of the best star wars story lore, and make some absolutely epic gameplay. If you haven't, you should find a way to play tie fighter and its expansions, day of the tentacle, and the indiana jones atlantis title. Those games all hold up today in spite of their age, absolutely amazing.