Mad Men

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
He portrayed a creepy, awkward boy reasonably well in the early seasons, though that may not have been acting. He definitely doesn't show any ability at it now.

Boobietastles_sl

shitlord
I had to google who Diane was mid episode thinking it was some old fling in Don's past. I thought we were past the waitress thing.

Great episode all around though. The scene with Peggy and the creepy organ music ending up being Roger and not part of the score was great.
Diana is a reflection of Don from season four. Interesting context and an outside look at where he was during that time in his life.

Boobietastles_sl

shitlord
now that was a fan fucking tastic episode, so much good shit in there. Peggy's "why don't you write down your dreams so I can shit all over them", oh god. Betty and Don being little sex magnets and Sally calling him out on it. Its gotta really hurt Don too since it was like the 3d time he was told that in a single day (coasting on good looks). Joan's little adventures were fun, especially her frustration at being a single mom.

Its too bad the writers wasted the first two episodes with the waitress from the sarlac pit of sadness.

and lets not forget

bQWrdWz.png
I think this episode (and in particular the performance review of Peggy) was the real catalyst of Don's decision to leave his old life behind. All of his follow up questions to Peggy were really questions he was asking himself. "Then what.." is what he cannot get past, I believe. He has everything. He is at the pinnacle of his career. Millionaire. Will be representing the largest brands...and he still isn't happy and can't get past wondering "And then what" for himself.

iannis

Musty Nester
I dunno that I'd say the kid is a bad actor. It's difficult to tell from the portrayal of a single character. He's most likely playing himself... or maybe he's a precocious actor and his pop was like, "Glen is an idealistic, awkward, confused loser and Betty is a super milf. Your motivation is pussy and honor. Pretty much in that order. And you don't know what honor is, really."

I mean as shitty as it might be, Glen does sort of nail the important points of an 18 year old white dude. He comes across as false, but if you remember -- lots of dudes do at that age. You can attribute a lot of what you could see as flaws as flaws in the character rather than flaws in the actor. Even though they might be flaws in the actor.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I think this episode (and in particular the performance review of Peggy) was the real catalyst of Don's decision to leave his old life behind. All of his follow up questions to Peggy were really questions he was asking himself. "Then what.." is what he cannot get past, I believe. He has everything. He is at the pinnacle of his career. Millionaire. Will be representing the largest brands...and he still isn't happy and can't get past wondering "And then what" for himself.
The Hobo Code is calling, "Dick Whitman ... Dick Whitman ... ".

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
So what's the verdict: worth catching up on three seasons? I haven't watched since Joan's indecent proposal season(4? maybe 5?). Just kind of lost interest.

Grimey

Golden Knight of the Realm
This show is magnificent, watch it. It's marathoning on AMC right now until the finale, I believe.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah I have been saving the whole season for when school got out. I just got caught up. So awesome. I really hope the finale includes some Peggy at the very least but I have a suspicion it may be Don-focused.

I know it is useless to speculate, but I imagine that Don will go back to NYC. When he finds out Betty is dying/dead, he will go there for his kids. I don't think he could go back to McCann now even if he wanted to, which he certainly does not, so I have no idea what he would do there. But I doubt the series goes out with him hopping trains and eating beans out of a can with the other hobos.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Only caught the final five minutes after GoT will watch it tomorrow. hah, am I right in assuming the final shot is supposed to say Don found enlightenment and probably turned it into a Coke ad? Because that's kind of hilarious!

This isn't an ending. It's a terrible and unnecessary epilogue.
Honestly, kind of expected that....really. Anything was going to feel flat after the last two episodes, all the characters felt "done".

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
That's what I got out of it, as it transitioned to the ad after seeing new age Don meditating. The Peggy love shit was so ham fisted, felt super out of place to me.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, I CAN'T WRITE FOR COCA COLA

And then he found inner peace and wrote a jingle for Coca Cola.

Kill me.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
That's what I got out of it, as it transitioned to the ad after seeing new age Don meditating. The Peggy love shit was so ham fisted, felt super out of place to me.
Yeah, again only saw the first bit and last, will post more tomorrow. But I saw he talked with muscle car guys--then shared with a bunch of people trying to leave the world behind or who didn't care about the world--then something reminded him of home--has his moment of doubt and pain--"dies" (IE Accepts his fear, whatever it was, like when he was split with Betty in S2)--is reborn and comes home and is able to sell his enlightenment. (Little ham fisted tying it to the mythical heroes rebirth arc...but it kind of fits.)

Thatexactstuff has happened in the series before (Right down to the muscle cars). With the ultra wealthy vagabonds. And once when he went out there to stay with the real Mrs Draper. (This episode just seemed to combine those two previous rebirths.)

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Mixed opinions. The comment about it feeling like an epilogue seems spot on. I guess I might have enjoyed the bus stop as the ending a little more, with the idea that he finally embraces being Dick, and just leaving Don behind for good maybe giving what would have felt to me like better closure. But at the same time, him just being Don through and through isn't bad either.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I see a lot of hate for this episode (not just here), but I think people are going to come around eventually. I think it was an amazing way to end the show.

spronk

FPS noob
i am really disappointed the ending scene wasn't don suiciding out of his office

also little easter egg, joan's company name is Holloway Harris. Holloway is her maiden name, so its just a 1 woman shop