Marvel's M.O.D.O.K.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Marvel's M.O.D.O.K.

Genre: Animation, Comedy

First aired: 2021-05-21

Creator: Patton Oswalt, Jordan Blum

Cast: Patton Oswalt, Melissa Fumero, Aimee Garcia, Wendi McLendon-Covey, Ben Schwartz

Overview: The megalomaniacal supervillain M.O.D.O.K. has long pursued his dream of one day conquering the world. But after years of setbacks and failures fighting the Earth’s mightiest heroes, M.O.D.O.K. has run his evil organization A.I.M. into the ground. Ousted as A.I.M.’s leader, while also dealing with his crumbling marriage and family life, the Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing is set to confront his greatest challenge yet: a midlife crisis!

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Weird little show that dropped on Hulu yesterday. Has all 10 episodes. Definitely reminds me of something that would be on Adult Swim.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I wasn't really impressed with the first episode. the jokes fell flat and the wife is absolutely insufferable.

maybe I'll muster the effort to watch the rest of it, maybe not.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I lasted 2 episodes. Once upon a time when I enjoyed South Park and Jerry Springer I would have loved this.

Just not for me.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I really wanted to like this but I can't stand this style of show. Its so packed with "clever" dialogue that you can't possibly keep up and its just pure chaos to me. Same thing I felt when I watched the Lego Batman movie. I just can't handle that level of overload. Made it through the first episode and it had its moments, I'll probably give it 2 more but so far a major disappointment for me.

Xevy

Log Wizard
First 2-3 episodes are too much "every sentence can be a joke!" Then it settles down a bit and side characters like Gary and Lou make it more than worthwhile.

Sevens

Log Wizard
Anyone check this out? Watched the first episode and it's not good.

• 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
I watched the first episode. I was going to say it was funnier than the combined tax code, but then I remembered 'Lowering the Bar', so now I literally can't think of anything less funny.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I gave the first episode a glance and just fuck Patton Oswalt. lol

• 1Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider
The wife is what really drives it into the ground.

You cannot have a supporting cast member whose only purpose is to constantly take a dump on the main character who you are trying to get the audience to sympathize with. It makes that character feel like a vortex sucking the life out of the show. It's the same issue with Skylar from breaking bad - their entire characters are reduced to repeating "waaaaah you shouldn't be doing bad things, you should be spending more time with me and the kids, waaaaaaah!" and "Our marriage is in shambles because you won't TALK to me, waaaaah!"

And that's saying nothing of her almost caricature-like similarity to every SJW trope there is.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The wife is what really drives it into the ground.

You cannot have a supporting cast member whose only purpose is to constantly take a dump on the main character who you are trying to get the audience to sympathize with. It makes that character feel like a vortex sucking the life out of the show. It's the same issue with Skylar from breaking bad - their entire characters are reduced to repeating "waaaaah you shouldn't be doing bad things, you should be spending more time with me and the kids, waaaaaaah!" and "Our marriage is in shambles because you won't TALK to me, waaaaah!"

And that's saying nothing of her almost caricature-like similarity to every SJW trope there is.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users
TV show information provided by The Movie Database