Mass Effect: Andromeda - Autism reaches outer space

Rude

Potato del Grande
BioWare has been garbage for years. EA totally killed that company.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
that manveer dude left bioware long ago, but it doesn't matter i doubt anyone of talent is in charge there anymore. every product in the last few years - Andromeda, Anthem - has been shit.

i'll still buy the remaster, i assume they aren't going to change anything and it'll be nice to have a way to play the game on PS5 with all the DLCs included. i wonder if its releasing "soon" or next year

spronk

FPS noob

available in Spring 2021 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC, with forward compatibility and targeted enhancements on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5. More information to come in the new year!

Qhue

Trump's Staff
It is telling that they say 'the next chapter of the Mass Effect universe' rather than saying 'sequel to Andromeda'

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Not going to lie, I am looking forward to picking this up since I never played 3 and long for an updated version of 1&2.

It is EA so I will probably liberate it from the internet if they are going to try and charge $70 for it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

bytes

Molten Core Raider
As we can see here on the promo material, they're pulling out all the stops.

shit effect.png

trace it till you make it.png

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Andromeda was really good, those Architect boss fights on Insanity were the most intense boss fights in the series. Game felt legitimately hard on Insanity, especially some of the Kett bases in the side quests.

Only complaint about the game is not being able to equip more abilities at once, 3 is too few, 5 would have been just right.

• 2Barf
  • 2Pathetic
  • 1Tiresome
Reactions: 4 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Of course Mist would think Andromedia is good.

Clearly her brain is tired.

• 1Worf

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Of course Mist would think Andromedia is good.

Clearly her brain is tired.
My brain IS tired which is probably why I liked this game.

It had good combat and lots of side quests, lots of aliens to shoot at. The story was a bit mundane but not terrible. Absolutely no memorable characters but that's fine.

Fadaar

That guy
If they bring 1 and 2 in line with 3 for gameplay that'd be $$. It's extremely difficult to slog through 1 these days.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I played Andromeda a couple years after it released. They fixed a bunch of the bugs and super goofy facial animations stuff but it still wasn't anything great. The story had a ton of potential, I tried to play it with an open mind but it just felt... Half-assed.

The explorer in me really loved the idea of being in this new, undiscovered part of space but no matter where you went, you were never the first one there. You're supposed to be a pathfinder, but someone else ALWAYS found that path first, you are just cleaning up whatever mess they made.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The only strengths that Andromeda had were that it was a great looking game (graphically) and it let you drive/fly/run around some interesting alien landscapes in an open world setting, which is rather rare in gaming.

The writing was shit. The plot and setting was pretty much copy pasted from the trilogy. It had many bugs. The facial animation will go down in gaming history for how bad it was. The new things that the new galaxy brought (all 3 of them?) were boring. The mission system was full of bullshit busywork and retreading the same locations up to half a dozen times throughout the game. And on and on.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
My brain IS tired which is probably why I liked this game.

It had good combat and lots of side quests, lots of aliens to shoot at. The story was a bit mundane but not terrible. Absolutely no memorable characters but that's fine.
The chit chat when traveling was well done changing your group would mix stuff up a lot as your team had pretty different interactions depending who was along. I liked andromeda it had some really wtfvstuff now and then but overall gameplay was solid.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Another thing: Andromeda didn't have a single good companion.

Boring black English football fan
Lesbian haircut bionic with no personality
Female turian who would have been good if their existence wasn't about her sister
Krogan #3
Obnoxious raccoon Asari
Alien guy who... I had him in my party the entire game and I can't remember a single thing about him.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Obnoxious raccoon Asari

After Liara, Aria, Morinth, Samara this was the most unforgiveable misstep. What a dumb fucking character, quirky for the sake of it, the distilled essence of SJW game development.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Another thing: Andromeda didn't have a single good companion.

Boring black English football fan
Lesbian haircut bionic with no personality
Female turian who would have been good if their existence wasn't about her sister
Krogan #3
Obnoxious raccoon Asari
Alien guy who... I had him in my party the entire game and I can't remember a single thing about him.
This is all true.