Mass Effect: Andromeda - Autism reaches outer space

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Amazing what a little depth to the eyes will do for robots.

Yeh, too bad the writing is just as boring as a SW:TOR expansion. I swear to you, in the last SW:TOR expansion, the enemy had a mandalorian "companion" of mine, I still to this day don't know his name, down on the ground saying that if I didn't do what they wanted they were gonna shoot him.

I was just like, "You ain't got the balls."

They shot him. Wish I could remember his name.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Fuck if I know.

Tried googling for him and found a bunch'a shit for the Mandalorian wars and other shit, but couldn't find the companion. Of course, my google fu + weak interest doesn't help.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
If BioWare had a single set of balls on staff they would have retconned the character into an actual woman just to see the response it would get.
Bioward doesn't have balls, but that NPC does.

• 1Like

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
This game would be complete with a Tidus Fantasy X mod. Just add the laugh randomly into conversations.

My face is tired. HAAa
Feels good HUu, feels right Ha

Mass Effect: Androhahaha

• 2Like
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
So I finished this last night. Before I go into spoilers I will say that I was pleased overall with the experience. It isn't the transformative experience of the original trilogy, but it does the nearly impossible task of moving the franchise forward following the ME3 ending. Most of my main issues are with the core plotline whereas the side stuff was actually quite nice. They do leave a LOT of loose threads at the end, however, for DLC or sequel mining and, in fact, the whole game seemed like it was setting the stage for a much bigger story.

At the end we have the following unresolved issues:
1) Who are the Jardaan, why did they make the Remnant, why did the Remnant design the Angara, who was attacking them? Really everything revealed after you find 'Meridian' is a huge cocktease for a bigger storyline which almost seems superfluous because...

2) What is the Ket empire? We see a few communications from the, clearly much bigger, Ket empire which would seem to span most of the actual Andromeda galaxy and is something akin to what might happen if the Zerg and the Borg had kids. The big bad guy we dealt with is actually just a minor functionary in the overall plot. I was fully expecting there to be some revelation that, away from the front lines of genetic conquest, the Ket civilization was actually quite nice. The few Ket we speak to seem to think becoming Ket is really a positive thing afterall. What if it is an analogy to marines who blow up small villages and yet still don't understand why the residents of those villages have issues with America.

So we have two BIG galaxy-spanning plot elements that really just get started in many ways by the time we reach the end of the current game.

In addition we have a bunch of smaller things:

-- Ellen Ryder : who will presumably be brought out of Stasis at somepoint. Perhaps she can take care of your kid in a sequel as you go off to save the new galaxy.
-- Quarian Ark: they did escape the Milky Way and are out there but are warning people to stay away
-- Jien Garson: murdered after arriving because she knew too much about ...
-- The Benefactor: mysterious entity who swooped in to fund the Initiative in order to escape the Milky Way
-- Milky Way: No matter what happened in your universe, something took place with the Reapers shortly after the arks left and Ryder has the reports of the Reaper attacks all over the place.

Surely a couple of those can be mined for DLC, but the big issues are the sort of thing that would be tackled by a full sequel.

I still think taking away squad control was the single biggest dumb-move they made in terms of gameplay. Towards the end of the game you reach a point where members of your team other than the two actual squadmates come and help and it took me awhile before I realized this. Why? Because i had no idea what my actual squadmates were doing 90%+ of the time!!

I also believe they are making a mistake with the direction they seem to be heading. While they have said publicly that there is no definite push for a new trilogy, it does feel like there's a focus on big plotlines and big story again. Some of the strongest parts of Mass Effect are found in the small stuff rather than the Big Bad and I had hoped that by rebooting with Andromeda there might be more chance to be roaming around finding things and solving problems rather than becoming yet another messianic figure.

• 1Like

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I mean, heh. Do you honestly think I give a shit about a little girl in the zombie apocalypse? Yet, TellTale made me care. And I wasn't even playing as her. Same thing here. You think I give a shit about a bunch'a idiots that went off to Andromeda? Fuck no, and BioWare doesn't make you care. All that they give a shit about is collect 10 bear ass quests. Oh and Stephan. Can't forget about the tranny!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
It's a thousand times better, and would be borderline acceptable if it weren't saddled with 3rd grade level writing and delivery. If ever there were an appropriate time to use the word 'cringe' it would be listening to that scene.

Like I said before, as egregious as the animation/character design issues are they are far from being the worst offender and fixing them without taking care of the rest is equilivent to putting lipstick on a pig.

At this point I have zero hope for the game at all, even after multiple patches, and am just hoping EA announces a trilogy remaster to save a little face.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
It's a lot better looking by my fucking god, the delivery of the lines is a disjointed mess. Mash ups of voice lines done by amateurs are significantly better than what a major studio puts in to a AAA game. They should be fucking embarrassed.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
If you read the Youtube comments it looks like they may have "borrowed" animations from ME2 and plugged it into that scene as a fix. Also people are saying the only scenes that have been tweeked right now are the Meme scenes, nothing else has really been touched yet.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
If you read the Youtube comments it looks like they may have "borrowed" animations from ME2 and plugged it into that scene as a fix. Also people are saying the only scenes that have been tweeked right now are the Meme scenes, nothing else has really been touched yet.

Holy shit. /facepalm Nice way to lay out a Cleveland Steamer there BioWare.

And I don't give a shit about spoilers :

Last edited:

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
FLjQz69.jpg

Well, at least now we know why she was holding it backwards before. It looks like they never actually bothered to finish the model.

sqkiDbL.png

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I swear to god, if Mass Effect was a fuckup that placed it at eye level with Star Wars in the same way that XCOM : UFO Defense was a fuckup that placed it at the very top of my list of games (I still love the game, despite its semi-obvious flaws), I dunno what I'm gonna do.

Prolly start asking Casey Hudson to come back to gaming. 'Cause he's the only one with some common fucking sense. Agreed, he might've fucked up the ending, but he also created three beautiful games before he did that. And I don't even think he did fuck up the ending, but your mileage will vary.