Master of None

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I saw Aziz Ansari at the Comedy Cellar in NY once and he was pretty great. This was a year or two ago. Of course at the Comedy Cellar most comics only have 20-30 minutes so it could have been his best shit.

spronk

FPS noob
man i don't know who to believe 1/2 of you think this is pretty good half of you think aziz ansari is aids ass cancer

i could actually watch episode 1 but you know, fallout 4 in 9 hours and I still have to watch a few eps of Brooklyn 99 and Bobs Burgers. and last week tonight with oliver

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
the side characters are pretty shallow and dont feel like actual characters. eric feels like forced lowbrow comedy, his asian friend felt like he was reading lines
He's really the one that stood out the most to me. Considering Aziz inserted is own parents in the show, I figured that actor had to be yet another person from his life that he decided to give a job. I was surprised to see he has acting credits going back a decade and a half. He has that stiff, forced emoting reminiscent of Jerry Seinfeld in his early years.

I think this is the double-edged sword of how Netflix handles their programming. In a lot of cases, the hands-off, trust the creators philosophy has worked out very well. Master of None (and, to some extent, Sense8) is the other end of that spectrum. I wouldn't necessarily say it's a horrible show, but it's definitely one that could benefit from someone with more television experience running things so it doesn't feel like just a step removed from Aziz and and friends filming home movies.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
On ep. 6, definitely rough around the edges but enjoying the show overall and hoping to see more of the NY stand-up scene in it. Also loved the Twin Peaks theme at the beginning of ep 6.

iannis

Musty Nester
The home movies vibe is probably endearing to a younger audience. I mean letsplay and twitch streams are actually a pretty big deal.

Just not for us. Because we're old.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
man i don't know who to believe 1/2 of you think this is pretty good half of you think aziz ansari is aids ass cancer

i could actually watch episode 1 but you know, fallout 4 in 9 hours and I still have to watch a few eps of Brooklyn 99 and Bobs Burgers. and last week tonight with oliver
Don't even know the guy have no hate for him, show is just absolutely terrible. And no one is saying it's pretty good. best comments are saying "eh its bearable" and worst of course is people saying that we should crucify the OP for even mentioning this terrible show.

I had no idea this was the vehicle he was using to get his parents and non-funny friends a paycheck, but it makes sense.

Basically this show is like a less-funny version of an Adam Sandler movie. Yes I saidlessfunny. But maybe the show decides to be funny later on, I could only stomach about 80% of the first episode before i switched over some BBC Earth show, it had penguins in it and they were clumsy. that was 1000X funnier than this dog shit.

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's not bad. It gets better as it goes on. I'm on episode 5 and I laughed a lot at episode 4. Would I DVR it and watch it if it were on regular TV? Yeah. Would I recommend it to a friend or buy the DVDs? No.

7.5/10

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Watched the first two episodes. It's OK. I got a couple laughs from both episodes. The acting is really bad at many points.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Watched the first two episodes. It's OK. I got a couple laughs from both episodes. The acting is really bad at many points.
Eric Wareheim and Aziz's parents are terrible at acting. Real bad. Though his dad actually gets better and kind of funny in episode 3, I think.

Simas_sl

shitlord
This is hipster Louie. If that sounds at all cool to you, watch it. It's really good. Give it a few episodes, the first is the worst.

spronk

FPS noob
saw the first episode, thought it was shit - aziz is turrible and his life is just generic hipster douchebag. but loved the second episode, its focused on the parents and they are a riot and interesting and different, although yeah the worlds worst actors. so i guess i'll watch some more

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
The first two are by far the worst. The show hits its stride about halfway in, thoroughly enjoyed the latter half of the season

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just starting watching this and really enjoyed the first two episodes, both got a few laughs out of me. His dad is hilarious.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Watched one episode of this with my brother in law while he was staying at our place. Show was pure shit. It was whatever episode number it is where he takes a girl on a date to Nashville. It was like Sienfeld had a retarded son and that retarded son decided to teach funny classes and one of those students made this show.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Show is a definite 6-7/10. Very much enjoyed it. Eric Wareheim was awesome too.

spronk

FPS noob
It was like Sienfeld had a retarded son and that retarded son decided to teach funny classes and one of those students made this show.
not gonna lie, i'd watch a show about that. seinfeld could cameo every now and then and just stare in disgust at his son and his son's hipster douchebag class

larry david could play the old homeless man who teaches the students valuable life lessons