Mattresses

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
We liked our Purple at first but then the grid started separating from the foam outline and that just kinda makes that whole half of the bed sort of fail. Will see how well the warranty process goes but I doubt I’d buy another one at this point. Sleep Number seems dope, but $$$. Not really sure what else to try. Probably not going to be able to afford a new bed anytime soon anyway.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My parents called me asking for me to build a custom wooden step ladder into their new bed like some doggy staircase. My mom is not very mobile, and I was thinking "guess its getting bad". I come over, and their bed top is like four fucking feet off the ground. They have a 13 inch foam mattress, on top of some ~14 inch high ethan allen bed, with another huge ass box spring (possibly two?). It's the stupidest thing I've ever seen. Even I'd have to leap to get into this mother fucker.

I dunno what assclown at the mattress store convinced them it HAS to be this way, but I hate you.
Im dating someone way to young for me, so Im sitting at my computer unbelievably fucked up. I couldnt help but laugh my ass off at this because my stepdads mother, RIP, had her bed stacked up like that. My cousin and I would jump on that shit and the center would sink in like you're in the fucking Addams Family or w/e. Thank you for that laugh :trump:

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Im dating someone way to young for me, so Im sitting at my computer unbelievably fucked up. I couldnt help but laugh my ass off at this because my stepdads mother, RIP, had her bed stacked up like that. My cousin and I would jump on that shit and the center would sink in like you're in the fucking Addams Family or w/e. Thank you for that laugh :trump:
Spent the night at an old guildmate’s house once when I was in town and his bed in the spare room was fucking stacked like that. I’m 5’2” and I had to grip the covers and crawl/drag my ass up onto that thing. It was a damn ordeal.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Spent the night at an old guildmate’s house once when I was in town and his bed in the spare room was fucking stacked like that. I’m 5’2” and I had to grip the covers and crawl/drag my ass up onto that thing. It was a damn ordeal.
My GF is 5 even. Her bed is tall. Hybrid mattress+ mattress topper+frame. She has a step to get into it, and it takes her a good 20+ minutes to change the sheets and get it set back up. She keeps her socks on the night stand because the floor is too far away.

• 1Worf

Burns

There are people that build their own mattresses out of the various foam layers instead of one large block of foam. I believe that is how the expensive foam mattress companies do it.

I didn't find this until well after I bought my current bed, but I might try to build one next time. I hate my feet hanging off the bed, so it would possibly allow for a longer bed, but heavily depending on how much custom linen sheets would then cost for it.

I think there is a reddit sub for building them, maybe, but here is a huge writeup by someone on regular r/mattress sub:

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior VP | Pantheon Pals VP Recruiting
<Gold Donor>
Looking for a mattress topper that specifically stays cool. Current one gets pretty hot from me laying on it.

Ive had success with my pillow sheets but hard to swallow their price even with discount for a topper. Any suggestions?
I had to double check but I did confirm I ordered my current my pillow foam topper after making this post and no response.

It too sleeps hot.. idk what to do. Would prefer to buy a topper than an entire mattress. Any suggestions?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
There are people that build their own mattresses out of the various foam layers instead of one large block of foam. I believe that is how the expensive foam mattress companies do it.

I didn't find this until well after I bought my current bed, but I might try to build one next time. I hate my feet hanging off the bed, so it would possibly allow for a longer bed, but heavily depending on how much custom linen sheets would then cost for it.

I think there is a reddit sub for building them, maybe, but here is a huge writeup by someone on regular r/mattress sub:

My brother built his own mattress following the Reddit procedure. I think he's happy with the results.

• 1Like

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
I had to double check but I did confirm I ordered my current my pillow foam topper after making this post and no response.

It too sleeps hot.. idk what to do. Would prefer to buy a topper than an entire mattress. Any suggestions?

Latex foam is cooler than memory foam. I've had a mattress from these guys for about 8 years now; no complaints.

• 1Like