Minecraft: The Movie (2025)

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Love that I’m now one of those parents that hears the first line of the trailer being “What the hell?” and immediately thinks “nope, 6 year old doesn’t need to see that.”

He’ll be 7 by the time it comes out, not sure that makes a difference. Maybe I’m over protective or whatever. But why do we need cussing in a Minecraft movie? Whatever… grouchy Dad.
Yeah it’s annoying. They throw this shit into a lot of kids movies now. The you hear your kid randomly say something like that to a family member or neighbor and you don’t even have the excuse of “He only watches age appropriate stuff, not sure where that came from.” It’s really annoying and I’m not sure why they do it. Did we really need doctor robotnik to say “Piece of Shit-take planet” in the sonic movie?

The only acceptable one was when they yelled “Shit!” when the dude got shot in the 1986 transformers movie cause it was the 80s.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

Yeah it’s annoying. They throw this shit into a lot of kids movies now. The you hear your kid randomly say something like that to a family member or neighbor and you don’t even have the excuse of “He only watches age appropriate stuff, not sure where that came from.” It’s really annoying and I’m not sure why they do it. Did we really need doctor robotnik to say “Piece of Shit-take planet” in the sonic movie?

The only acceptable one was when they yelled “Shit!” when the dude got shot in the 1986 transformers movie cause it was the 80s.

The shiitake planet was pushing it and the rest of sonic was great… was surprised they kept him from going off script or pushing the lines in other areas.

Transformers had more, a damnit from ultra magnus, the shit line was barely audible from spike / spikes dad when the moon was eating them and the numb did nothing to unicorn -

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I was going to say, even as a kid I blushed when Ultra Magnus said Dammit trying to open the Matrix. Don't want to tangent the whole thread, just jumped out at me at the right/wrong time and it seems to be more and more common. It wasn't Sonic but something else we watched with him the other night too.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
It's always bizarre to me how Hollywood can't latch onto the trend when it's actually happening and waits a decade to shit this garbage out.

The Bob Hoskins Mario movie was more timely than this.
I saw that shit in the theater as a kid!

I thought it was and still is a great movie. I mean at least they tried to make some sort of logical sense out of a retarded video game, even if it was goofy, but looking back on it, I thought it was pretty damn creative, in a very underrated film.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Gold Donor>
1725608917078.jpeg

bold.jpg

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's massive amongst streamers too. Hololive is doing a Minecraft event right now with a company crafted RPG world and shit. It's pretty interesting.
Enigmatic Recollection is already a better Minecraft movie than the Minecraft movie has any chance of being, although that's a low bar to get over.

• 1Solidarity

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah, I was going to say, even as a kid I blushed when Ultra Magnus said Dammit trying to open the Matrix. Don't want to tangent the whole thread, just jumped out at me at the right/wrong time and it seems to be more and more common. It wasn't Sonic but something else we watched with him the other night too.
Where do you live that "Dammit" is a blush worthy curse word?

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Love that I’m now one of those parents that hears the first line of the trailer being “What the hell?” and immediately thinks “nope, 6 year old doesn’t need to see that.”

He’ll be 7 by the time it comes out, not sure that makes a difference. Maybe I’m over protective or whatever. But why do we need cussing in a Minecraft movie? Whatever… grouchy Dad.

It's not that they say "What the hell" because none of us is pearl clutching, all of us watched game of thrones seasons 1 and watched a brother fuck his sister and push a kid out a window in an attempt to murder him...

It's the fact that this is going to be a kids marketed movie and even in the trailer they are saying, "we are gunna put whatever WE want in this movie", so I wholly expect to see all manner of bullshit leftism in it.

Have 3 kids, won't be seeing it, when my eldest eventually asks why we haven't seen it, my response will be, "because it's filled with advertisements and diversity".

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Jack Black and Jason Momoa are bad news in any movie, they are corporate approved diversity actors. Fat and Brown.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Enigmatic Recollection is already a better Minecraft movie than the Minecraft movie has any chance of being, although that's a low bar to get over.
This popped up in my feed. Apparently that was all done by one person. Which is bonkers to me. lol

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
This popped up in my feed. Apparently that was all done by one person. Which is bonkers to me. lol

That's nuts. I only watch clips and even that was enough to be seriously impressed with the complexity of the world, knowing one person cranked it all out is just insane.

ENreco has generated some hilarious clips. Corrupt Mococo calling Liz just to loudly shriek a feral sounding BAU BAU and immediately hang up might be my favorite just due to how absurd it is, although basically any clip involving Liz is gold. Her "internal" monologues are great.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Why are movie studios banking on Jack Black? Kids love the kung fu Panda, not this obese unfunny bum. Can't even trim that rats nest.