Minnesota Thing...Liquor Ban Still In Effect.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Just package it in a "No Shaira law" bill, and trick all the jeebus lovers to vote for it.

The liquor stores here are always closed when I really want liquor.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Just package it in a "No Shaira law" bill, and trick all the jeebus lovers to vote for it.

The liquor stores here are always closed when I really want liquor.
Except these laws have shit all to do with "they took our jerb" conservatives.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I think blue laws vary by county here in Maryland, too. I remember years ago when I worked in restaurants, in P.G County were weren't allowed to sell alcohol before noon on Sundays. We'd get people coming in at 10:00 or 11:00am and trying to order bloody marys and other brunch-style drinks and they'd get pissed off all the time when told they had to wait until noon. As far as I know it's still like that.
Over in Garrett you still can't buy alcohol for the most part on Sundays, though I think they did make a change recently that you could purchase alcohol with a meal at restaurants between 1-10pm?

Also, Sheetz is awesome and I too wish they had them up here in NY. I miss getting popcorn chicken rubbed down with Old Bay and dunked in their Dr. Pepper BBQ sauce, goddamn.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Man, I miss Japan. I could walk around with a big-ass twenty-four of whatever shit beer they had and no one gave a fuck. There was a convenience store every few hundred feet. At every Lawsons/Family Mart/7-11(yes, they are huge in Japan) you could buy a 24 for under 2 bucks and some pretty great food. The only place you had to conceal that shit was on the train. It seemed to create zero issues and I saw drunk people all the time. Odd that Japan of all countries got this right.

Hell, I actually lost weight because I could walk around and drink rather than sit on my fat ass watching YouTube. It was a lot more fun too...

Btw, every convenience store was 24 hours and you could get a nice drink whenever (a cold one).

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Don't you have to go out drinking with your workmates in Japan otherwise people will think you are weird or something?

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Don't you have to go out drinking with your workmates in Japan otherwise people will think you are weird or something?
There is all kinds of odd/pointless social stigma shit but no one does anything about it. Alcoholism is downright prolific in Japan so I don't think it's seen as that odd. Plus, I was always walking around with friends. My point is that there's no actual retarded legislation against it. It's fantastic, and those little shops thrive. If we had that kind of stuff in the states I'd be hitting it up all the time.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Minnesota doesn't even allow beer to be sold in grocery stores or gas stations which makes liquor store and bar owners VERY happy and they stay politically active to make damn sure that never changes. All alcohol in Minnesota has to be purchased from a dedicated liquor store. Since I grew up in Illinois (which only had restrictions about liquor sales before noon on Sunday) I found this all very strange. The locals in Minnesota, for the most part, like it this way because they feel they get much better liquor by supporting liquor stores. In reality the liquor stores are largely dumps with a terrible selection because they have a stranglehold on the market and don't need to innovate or differentiate themselves. Any serious alcoholic in Minneapolis drives to Wisconsin (less than 30 mins away) and buys whatever floats their boat right across the border with a side of fireworks.