MLB 2014 Season Thread

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It's Bumgarner, not BumgarDner. He's the best World Series starter in history and people can't even get his name right? For shame!

For a game 7, I could see them letting Mad Bum pitch 3-4 innings, followed by Petit. It's game 7, a World Series ring is worth a blown elbow! That said, hopefully it doesn't go past 6.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I could see Bummy coming in for a couple innings of relief, but no way does he start the game on 3 days rest after throwing 115 pitches. If was 4 days I could see it, but not 3

opiate82

Bronze Squire
It would be only two days rest (travel day then game 6 off) so yeah no way he is starting. That would normally be his bullpen workout day though so a couple of innings in relief isn't out of the question.

Royals have the totally meaningless stats on their side at least. Teams being down 3-2 and then forcing a game 7 have won eight of the last ten WS where that happened.

patrick

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Pulling your starter after 1 1/3 with only two runs? Did they even go out to talk to Peavy before making the switch? I get that 6 hits after 42 pitches is bad, but this seems worse. Are the Giants even going to have any relievers left after this?

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
That was an enjoyable game
smile.png

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Regular season baseball gets tedious for me, but I love post-season baseball no matter who is playing. This has been a great series, and watching the Royals has been an extra bonus.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
There's definitely an extra level of tension and drama with every damn pitch in postseason baseball. If I'm watching a regular season game, I rarely sit and watch the entire thing, I'm usually multi-tasking and doing something else while occasionally glancing at the TV. Not in the postseason, I'm glued to the TV.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Royals favored -150 with an over under of 7

I bet the Royals and the over.

We shall see...

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This game is a prime example of why the DH is so retarded. So much strategy that just flat out never has to be considered because of it.

patrick

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Abomination baseball!

Game 7, bottom of the 9th, down one run. What kid didn't dream of this. Someone is about to have their dream come true