MLB 2014 Season Thread

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I'm still not entirely sure who got the better end of the Montero/Pineda trade between the M's and Yanks.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm still not entirely sure who got the better end of the Montero/Pineda trade between the M's and Yanks.
For the moment clearly the Yankees. Guy is at least up in the Majors. Last I heard of Montero he was struggling mightily in the minors.

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pineda is actually a white dude. Just pine tarred the fuck outta himself.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Any other Rangers fans here surprised at how well the team is playing right now? Buncha no-names pulling through and getting it done.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Back to .500! After starting out 3-8, I consider it pretty impressive to be 11-11. Moving Votto to #2 is something we should have done long ago with how many walks he draws. We're 8-4 since the change and we've scored less than four runs only twice in that span.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I too believe that every Brewers starter has improved their ERA by more than 1.2 in the offseason. All five are certainly going to keep that up through the season.

Krag

Peasant
I too believe that every Brewers starter has improved their ERA by more than 1.2 in the offseason. All five are certainly going to keep that up through the season.
Definitely. Come September they will be right up there with Aaron Harang.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
And MLB has scrapped the new transfer rule. Thank goodness, that shit was so stupid I can't believe it went live.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The Reds highest paid starter is also their worst. Fuck Homer Bailey and his shitty contract. I hated the contract when it was announced and he's proving me right so far.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
I didn't really understand why my Blue Jay friend complained about JP Arencibia so much, but holy fuck I understand now. Dude is seriously one of my least favorite Rangers of all time.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Hudson has been pitching beautifully. I'm really liking that deal, especially since Lincecum and Vogelsong are pitching like garbage.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
Goddamn, Houston is a special brand of terrible. The way this team is going, they may reach 120 losses this year. No pitching, no offense, atrocious fielding, manager starting fights with other players...

At the very least, it will be kind of like watching a car crash in super slow motion that half of the city can't see because of their dumbass television contract.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Goddamn, Houston is a special brand of terrible. The way this team is going, they may reach 120 losses this year. No pitching, no offense, atrocious fielding, manager starting fights with other players...

At the very least, it will be kind of like watching a car crash in super slow motion that half of the city can't see because of their dumbass television contract.
When I saw Oakland was up 4-0 I was thinking to myself, "It's another Astros game!" only find that they tied it all up and it looked pretty competitive going into the 9th (four hour game!). Then Houston went all Houston and gave up 7 runs in a very impressive display of terrible, terrible fielding.

Furry

BROWN NOW
<Gold Donor>

The astros truly have to be one of the worst teams in a while. Sure some teams have some god awful years (detroit), but few teams consistantly preform on such an intensely mediocre level with long term reliability.

I think they're trying to one up the pirates.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The astros truly have to be one of the worst teams in a while. Sure some teams have some god awful years (detroit), but few teams consistantly preform on such an intensely mediocre level with long term reliability.

I think they're trying to one up the pirates.
They will have to have a losing record this year and every year until I think 2029 for that to happen.

Folks really can't seem to grasp just how LONG the Pirates were bad.

Furry

BROWN NOW
<Gold Donor>
They will have to have a losing record this year and every year until I think 2029 for that to happen.

Folks really can't seem to grasp just how LONG the Pirates were bad.
the decisions that the astros have made have set them up to fail for the next 7-8 years most likely. Yea, it's a long way to go, but they certainly are making their best effort.