MMA Thread

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Because both he and Gaethje lost to the guy who vacated the belt, and both he and Gaethje lost to Poirier, and because it would be awesome to see Gaethje stomp a mudhole in his ass. Plus Gaethje just seems like a great guy and by giving him this fight you are giving him 1) a nice payout and 2) the chance to really put on a show.

Gavinmad Gavinmad this is a win/win/win.
Well yeah framing it from that perspective makes it sound very different.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Because both he and Gaethje lost to the guy who vacated the belt, and both he and Gaethje lost to Poirier, and because it would be awesome to see Gaethje stomp a mudhole in his ass. Plus Gaethje just seems like a great guy and by giving him this fight you are giving him 1) a nice payout and 2) the chance to really put on a show.

Gavinmad Gavinmad this is a win/win/win.

tenor.gif

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

1611674353860.png

=

lol, most interesting part is that ben is still under ufc contract

1611681915490.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
That's ambitious. Askren had his hip resurfaced in September, and as of November he could barely ride a stationary bike. You're not supposed to do high impact activity for a year afterwards. Boxing in April seems pointlessly rushed. The money must be amazing.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
McGregor v Gaethje isn't even in the running?

edit: Sorry, I thought that was a poll showing fan interest. Didn't see it was PPV buys

Goatface

people already claiming Dustin and Conor have a verbal agreement, but no reports other than rumors.

=
1611785602547.png

didn't see this

Group 42
Based in Abu Dhabi, Group 42 (G42) is a leading Artificial Intelligence and Cloud Computing company dedicated to the development and implementation of holistic and scalable technology solutions.

Following UFC 257, the UFC Arabia platform revealed that G42’s technology would be used to bolster fighter statistics and provide a wide-range of data extracted from artificial intelligence features and developments, including decoding facial expressions in order to detect emotions. The program is also reportedly capable of analyzing data from YouTube comments, fan reactions, and other forms of data to develop a more nuanced understanding of the event. In theory, the aim is to mine enough data to be able to enhance UFC fighters’ training regimens, fight analysis, and the overall science around fighting.

AI going to use shitlord comments to help fighters. lolz

lot of sketchy stuff about them in the story

=

• 1Worf

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Everyone wants to fight Conor, its a cash cow.

I know a lot of people dont like Conor but I hope he doesnt turn into the next BJ Penn. Just going out there getting your ass beat to put new fighters over.

Jozu

To be fair to Conor, outside of Cerrone, he has fought tough fights. Obviously a L to Khabib isnt a huge deal, being 1-1 with Porier and 1-1 with Diaz is pretty good.

its insane that he has taken part in 6 of the last 7 highest PPV buy fights in the UFC.

edit: lol Geathje is great. Said he could out smoke Nate Diaz, and that Tony Furgeson's face just makes you want to fight him, lmao.

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Everyone wants to fight Conor, its a cash cow.

I know a lot of people dont like Conor but I hope he doesnt turn into the next BJ Penn. Just going out there getting your ass beat to put new fighters over.
conor was looking pretty good but was fading REAL QUICK by the second cuz of diamond whacking that leg

1st round conor landed well

2nd round diamond was able to slip many strikes cuz conor had no more footwork

conor is actually really light on his feet, give him credit and his striking is great, but we all know, no footwork = shit striking.

• 1Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
conor was looking pretty good but was fading REAL QUICK by the second cuz of diamond whacking that leg

1st round conor landed well

2nd round diamond was able to slip many strikes cuz conor had no more footwork

conor is actually really light on his feet, give him credit and his striking is great, but we all know, no footwork = shit striking.
He checked 0 of those calf kicks and thus lost his mobility and started to eat Poirier's strikes.

Jozu

I think every fighter who faces Conor should just do the same thing. I understand not everyone has the skill Porier has, but Im sure a high level UFC lightweight (Gaethje, Oliviera etc) can blast calf kicks with the best of them. So unless Mcgregor can start to effectively counter or check those kicks, guys might be able to just fuck him up like Dustin did.

To Conors credit he did try checking the last 6 or 7 kicks Dustin threw. He grabbed his foot on 2 occasions and pushed him back against the cage. But the damage was already done at that point. Porier landed 18! significant leg strikes in that fight.

edit: I remember the Gaethje vs Porier fight. They were both trying to destroy eachothers legs with calf kicks. Justin was getting the better of him with them for a while there, and Dustin was visibly favoring his leg. But Porier is a beast and just kept chopping away himself and gaethje started to slow down and eventually was stopped. Porier is truly a great fighter.

Miguel Baeza is a monster with the calf kicks himself, he stopped a dude with them, literally scored a KO from leg kick lol.

Last edited:

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
To be fair to Conor, outside of Cerrone, he has fought tough fights. Obviously a L to Khabib isnt a huge deal, being 1-1 with Porier and 1-1 with Diaz is pretty good.

its insane that he has taken part in 6 of the last 7 highest PPV buy fights in the UFC.

edit: lol Geathje is great. Said he could out smoke Nate Diaz, and that Tony Furgeson's face just makes you want to fight him, lmao.

Except Diaz whooped that ass twice.