MMA Thread

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Never mind that Anderson really needs to hang it up and stop collecting brain damage. He's absorbed a LOT of punishment in his last few fights.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Never mind that Anderson really needs to hang it up and stop collecting brain damage. He's absorbed a LOT of punishment in his last few fights.

It's less about the fights and more about his time at Chute Boxe and Blackhouse.

They sparred full power every week. it ended Wanderlei's career early.

I've seen cellphone video of Anderson Silva's Blackhouse tape, he's got the avoidance but they're still throwing for knockouts. And he did this for decade on decade.

Goatface

1617192133759.png

Nate Diaz-275
Leon Edwards+220

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Leon is going to fuck Nate up. I have zero confidence in Nate at this point in his career. Time to make some money.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I have zero confidence in Nate at this point in his career.
Wat? I've never been his biggest fan but he went 1-1 vs McGregor, handing him his first ever UFC loss back when McGregor was still dangerous, and if he wasn't too cheap a bastard to get plastic surgery on all that scar tissue around his eye he likely would have gone the distance with Masvidal.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It surprises me how much hype the Diaz bros still get. I stopped caring about them like 10 years ago!

Goatface

if he wasn't too cheap a bastard to get plastic surgery on all that scar tissue around his eye he likely would have gone the distance with Masvidal.
can they just remove the tissue or would they have to smooth the bone out like Wanderlei and make him look strange?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Hey Lanx Lanx - you find any good UFC261 pictures for engraving yet? I told my lady to go hunting on Instagram but all she does is look up memes about dipshit dads and send them to me.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
n0ybbi2q5eq61.jpg

I honestly believe he doesn't want to fight Ngannou. He's just conveniently pricing himself out of the fight.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Captain Suave

I'm all for fighters pushing for whatever pay they can get, but what is Jones' angle here? Is he expecting us (never mind he peers) to feel sorry for him that the UFC doesn't think he's worth $8M for a single fight? GTFO.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Honestly, I would have been more entertained if when he tweeted to just release him if the UFC did just that, fuck him

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

maybe shame the ufc. what is their split with fighters like 15%. fighters can't even claim they sell ppv anymore, but he has to be the 2nd biggest draw now. which probably doesn't mean as much now with the epsn deal
anyway really don't care for him and would be funny to see him get ko'd.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
best i seen so far, still early, like the cartoon one better
ExwiGPJXEAE3EEm
Good god that's terrible. My buddy just spent an hour looking and couldn't find anything for 261 either.

All I've got so far is the official poster. I'll engrave this one tonight and keep my eyes open for better fan art in the mean time.
Background1.jpg

Last edited:

Captain Suave

maybe shame the ufc. what is their split with fighters like 15%.

I don't think these guys understand how business works in general. Your share of profits is directly proportional to how replaceable you are. The UFC seems to have the game theory of contract negotiation down to a science. I'm sure they'd make more money off this one event paying Jones what he wants, but their eyes are on the incentives for all future fighters down the line.