MMA Thread

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I kind of wonder wtf happened to Brunson there. Did he hurt himself, or was it a strike from Cannonier early in the second?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, little technique as one could expect from this fight, but no one has really just eaten Derrick Lewis unloading on them like Tuivasa has. Or put him unconscious with one shot. Short and sweet, like heavyweight fights should be.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
So who wins the Main Event? I like Izzy, but I kind of want to see Whitaker knock him out. I would also be fine with the opposite, I just want to see a good fight.

• 1Like

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
So who wins the Main Event? I like Izzy, but I kind of want to see Whitaker knock him out. I would also be fine with the opposite, I just want to see a good fight.
I don't see this fight going any different unless Whitaker has been hiding something. The three wins post-Adesanya are all fought in the exact same style he had prior to and during that title fight. He rushes in to do hit and run shots, trying to minimize damage. Israel is just too agile for that. Now if Whitaker comes out pretending he is a NCAA champ or something, that changes things.

But on the feet, Israel all the way, as much as I love Robert.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Haha the Joe Rogan "texting" mention just blows up the "scheduling conflict" narrative.

No surprise but I am sure the Disney Execs will not be happy.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Pretty good fights on the main card not disapointed. Close rounds but nothing to be able to take the belt

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Whitaker fought an infinitely better fight (which isn't hard when you get Silva v. Griffin'd the first time), but he didn't take that fight. Just enough to make it look competitive. That said, Israel is gigantic compared to him, hard to negate that reach.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
In the final fight did it keep cutting back to earlier fights for everyone, or was that just those of us who were stealing it?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
In the final fight did it keep cutting back to earlier fights for everyone, or was that just those of us who were stealing it?
YARRRR streams do that fairly often for me. Probably 50% of events in my end. I always jump up and switch to a different one when that happens.

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Whitaker fought an infinitely better fight (which isn't hard when you get Silva v. Griffin'd the first time), but he didn't take that fight. Just enough to make it look competitive. That said, Israel is gigantic compared to him, hard to negate that reach.

35rzo81vejh81.gif

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
GOAT chin on this kid.

Lewis fought his best fight. Landed power shots over and over again, which is what he trains for. Big hands, big knees connected, takedowns, GNP, more than 2-3 huge knees. One of which struck Tuivasa directly in the head with full force.

He got beat by a Samoan chin. Sucks going home knowing there is nothing you could have done better. Lost the fight to genetics.

• 1Like