MMA Thread

Goatface

If I were Stipe I'd be looking for a way out of the UFC asap. Maybe a different promotion would treat him better, or just retire.
he did get sworn in as a full time firefighter last month and talked about his career after fighting. still talk of him fighting j jones, but idk he will be 40 this year

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
he did get sworn in as a full time firefighter last month and talked about his career after fighting. still talk of him fighting j jones, but idk he will be 40 this year
40 and blind!

don't forget jon jones has NEVER left winklejohn and he's blind in one eye too, you don't think he knows every advantage on how to attack a half blind dude?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
still no proof jon jones ever fights again

if he was under contract it'd be something to talk about

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Now we know why GSP couldn't get a fight with Khabib despite UFC trying repeatedly.

No interest-- Khabib is just like the fans.

1647195691563.png

Citing the legendary Johnny Hendricks fight, where GSP was almost killed, leading to his retirement.

Goatface

still no proof jon jones ever fights again

if he was under contract it'd be something to talk about
wonder if dana is still offering him fights? his contract supposedly ends Jan 2023 and dana said awhile back when he was still champ, something like "our only obligation is to offer him 2 fights a year"

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
wonder if dana is still offering him fights? his contract supposedly ends Jan 2023 and dana said awhile back when he was still champ, something like "our only obligation is to offer him 2 fights a year"

He said he won't fight for less than 10m and we know his contract only pays out 5m on a good night for a big fight. UFC can claim they're offering fights but it's dead in the water.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Judging from the pattern of sawdust on his socks he was wearing light tennis shoes. Lucky he didn't fuck his foot up worse.

Goatface

1647406475835.png

appears Yan's cornermen all had their visas denied, guess that includes his coach. apparently one them is asking khabib to help out.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
There's a massive difference between 170 and 185 which is the weightclass JP would fight at were he to settle into MMA.

But it might be better spectacle than Diaz kicking his ass for the third time. A third loss to Diaz would be pretty disappointing from a legacy standpoint.

• 1Edgelord
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
$5 says Dan Hooker fight is boring af.

Kiss my nuts
well hooker hasn't had a good year, but he's realistically lost to the top 5 cementing his journyman status, but this fight card is probably gonna suck, since it was made just to be in the uk, so thats why hooker is fighting a local.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
$5 says Dan Hooker fight is boring af.

Kiss my nuts
Hooker is just always going to be one of those guys that "flirts" with a title shot, but just can't ever really get there.

273 is a lot more stacked of a card than I realized. Gastelum fights are always great excitement, I want to blow out Mackenzie Dern's asshole for some weird reason, Burns vs. Chimaev should be real exciting to see if he's(Chimaev) the likely next challenger for Usman and hopefully Yan blasts Sterling's face in orbit. Honestly, the Main Event is probably the shittiest fight on the main card, as Volkanovski should destroy Zombie.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Hooker is just always going to be one of those guys that "flirts" with a title shot, but just can't ever really get there.

273 is a lot more stacked of a card than I realized. Gastelum fights are always great excitement, I want to blow out Mackenzie Dern's asshole for some weird reason, Burns vs. Chimaev should be real exciting to see if he's(Chimaev) the likely next challenger for Usman and hopefully Yan blasts Sterling's face in orbit. Honestly, the Main Event is probably the shittiest fight on the main card, as Volkanovski should destroy Zombie.
dude this is his first title shot in 10years since aldo