MMA Thread

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Other than a stage light falling from the ceiling and killing Yan stone-cold dead dead, anyone see much of an avenue to victory for sterling?
Yan is very far ahead of the BW division right now. While Sterling is longer and taller than Yan, so was Sandhagen, so that didn't help for shit. In their first fight, Sterling threw out a bunch of ineffective offense into Yan's guard in the early rounds, gassing himself out. He was well on his way to losing a decision before he got knee'd. Yan has showed zero problems with taking punches, and as a Russian he has good wrestling (even though he prefers to strike). I don't really see a weakness for Sterling to target, so he would just have to be better, or suddenly come up with 1 punch KO power that he doesn't possess.

I am still sad about TKZ for this weekend. I love him dearly, but he is not championship caliber in today's UFC. He earned the title shot versus Aldo a million years ago, but he got the brakes beat off him, by a guy who got the brakes beat off him, by Volkanovski. If Ortega couldn't sub Volk with his best moves, I doubt TKZ is going to be able to pull off a miracle there. While TKZ does hit pretty hard, he is painfully slow and I don't see him being able to find his range against Volk before he gets run over.

Also, Burns gonna die. Khamzat may legit just throw him over the top of the cage for a 10-count.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Also, Burns gonna die. Khamzat may legit just throw him over the top of the cage for a 10-count.
Burns is the only underdog in the 3x fights at the top of the card that I think has a chance. I don't think I'm underestimating Chimaev and I'd put my last $5 on him to take it, but I think everyone underestimates Burns.

• 1Seriously?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Burns is the only underdog in the 3x fights at the top of the card that I think has a chance. I don't think I'm underestimating Chimaev and I'd put my last $5 on him to take it, but I think everyone underestimates Burns.
i'm sure someone will bet you burns vs khamzat, haha

• 1Solidarity

Goatface

really didn't think volkanovski would throw his name out for the conor sweepstakes

“I’d go to welterweight” stated the featherweight champ.
“I know he (McGregor) can get lower than that, and there’s no use going that high just for the sake of it. But if anything, lighter were a deal breaker then, yeah, I’d do it. Because McGregor’s the only other (featherweight) champion I haven’t beaten.”
Volkanovski went on to remark that: “I take him out, I’ve then taken them all.”
“So, I beat McGregor and I’ve taken them all, You and I have spoken a lot over the years, but I’ve never really talked about legacy.”
“Never thought too much about it. But now, I’m changing my whole view on this.”

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Khazmat Chimaev is a fucking weirdo lmao. Im not sure if he is trolling for the media. I dont think he is that matter of fact and locked in behind the scenes when he is just being "himself", but his demeanor when answering questions is so strange. He is supremely confident, and gives zero quarter to any question, opponent, or subject, he simply dismisses anything that is even somewhat irrelevant to the fight, and downplays any of his opponents accomplishments or abilities.

Like when he is hanging out with Till, do you think he is saying the same shit, like how Gilbert is hyped up lightweight who hasnt beat anyone, all hes done is beat and old man in Maia and he crybaby who cry after losing fight to Usman....

LOL.

He literally said he would smesh Burns easy and he would fight Usman and Leon Edwards in the same night. Something tells me from the look in his eye when he is talking he means it and isnt joking. He has backed it all up so far, lets see if he can keep it going. One reporter asked him if he feels the pressure of living up to the impossible expectations of destroying people each time out and he simply shrugged it off and said he doesnt feel nothing.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Khazmat Chimaev is a fucking weirdo lmao. Im not sure if he is trolling for the media. I dont think he is that matter of fact and locked in behind the scenes when he is just being "himself", but his demeanor when answering questions is so strange. He is supremely confident, and gives zero quarter to any question, opponent, or subject, he simply dismisses anything that is even somewhat irrelevant to the fight, and downplays any of his opponents accomplishments or abilities.

Like when he is hanging out with Till, do you think he is saying the same shit, like how Gilbert is hyped up lightweight who hasnt beat anyone, all hes done is beat and old man in Maia and he crybaby who cry after losing fight to Usman....

LOL.

He literally said he would smesh Burns easy and he would fight Usman and Leon Edwards in the same night. Something tells me from the look in his eye when he is talking he means it and isnt joking. He has backed it all up so far, lets see if he can keep it going. One reporter asked him if he feels the pressure of living up to the impossible expectations of destroying people each time out and he simply shrugged it off and said he doesnt feel nothing.
hes in all star w/ gus and latifi and has no problem smashing them silly

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I dont think hell have a problem doing it, its just his psychotic demeanor and serial killer stare.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I dont think hell have a problem doing it, its just his psychotic demeanor and serial killer stare.
He's got a Chucky vibe
childs play chucky GIF by absurdnoise

Goatface

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
  • Champ Alexander Volkanovski (144.5) vs. Chan Sung Jung (144.5) – for featherweight title
  • Champ Aljamain Sterling (134.5) vs. interim champ Petr Yan (134) – for bantamweight title
  • Gilbert Burns (170) vs. Khamzat Chimaev (170)
  • Mackenzie Dern (115.5) vs. Tecia Torres (115.5)
  • Mark Madsen (155) vs. Vinc Pichel (155.5)

PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN/ESPN+, 8 p.m. ET)
  • Ian Garry (170.5) vs. Darian Weeks (170.5)
  • Jairzinho Rozenstruik (252.5) vs. Marcin Tybura (253) (cancelled due to illness)
  • Aspen Ladd (136) vs. Raquel Pennington (134.5)
  • Mickey Gall (170.5) vs. Mike Malott (170.5)
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, 6 p.m. ET)
  • Aleksei Oleinik (244) vs. Jared Vanderaa (266)
  • Josh Fremd (185.5) vs. Anthony Hernandez (186)
  • Kay Hansen (118.5)* vs. Piera Rodriguez (115)
  • Julio Arce (136.5)** vs. Daniel Santos (135.5)

* Missed strawweight limit by 2.5 pounds; fined 20 percent of purse
** Missed bantamweight limit by 0.5 pounds

=

Dana White: If Khamzat Chimaev wins, UFC aiming for Colby Covington matchup on ABC

=

ESPN reports that [Conor McGregor] the former UFC featherweight and lightweight champion appeared in Blanchardstown District Court yesterday to learn that he’d been charged with two counts of dangerous driving as well as driving without a license, failure to produce a license, driving without insurance and failure to produce insurance records.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
ESPN reports that [Conor McGregor] the former UFC featherweight and lightweight champion appeared in Blanchardstown District Court yesterday to learn that he’d been charged with two counts of dangerous driving as well as driving without a license, failure to produce a license, driving without insurance and failure to produce insurance records.
lulz connor driving like a black american or illegal mexican

jesus christ, navitsky you watching?
5fa9cb687ba3dded078fbd151c313349.png

pretty difficult for a woman to look that jacked

Last edited:

Goatface

ouch

=

Zhang Weili vs. Joanna Jedrzejczyk has been verbally agreed for UFC 275 on June 11 in Singapore, UFC

• 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
That's a helluva tough fight to come back to after such a long break, even if I'm in the minority who thinks Joanna won their first matchup. They're both already 0-2 against Rose though so unless she drops the title again I don't see either of these two challenging for it.