MMA Thread

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So some roided out 24 year old crazy lady who beat up a bunch of 100lb high school girls while taking testosterone and who knows what else, is agreeing (at least over the internet where everybody is tough) to fight a 170lb 44 year old male pro mma fighter?

I hope the fight actually happens.
Not just any 170 lb pro mma fighter but a 4 time welterweight (non-UFC) title holder. If Shields has kept the least bit in shape (which I assume he has, he competed in a grappling tourney a year and a half ago) then it should be pretty hysterical to watch. Beggs wrestled at 110 in high school and despite boldly bragging about being accepted to a men's team in college never once wrestled at the collegiate level. I spent way more time than I should have verifying that.

I don't think this is gonna happen but if it does it should be incredible.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
anyone noticed aljo did his signature kowtow and scoot?
ea3b2c3b6115a09452161e6c69588cb8.jpg

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sterling is one of the worse aspects of MMA.

Im not sure who is worse Belal or him.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

What's wrong with Belal? Dude is a beast.

That said, I think Merab is probably the best dude in the 'Lil Fella division. Problem is, he'll never fight Aljo because he's a bitch. I'm hoping Sugar either sends Aljo into the Shadow Realm or he loses convincingly so that Sandman can get a shot.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

it made me sad hearing one of the mma youtubers saying with one more win and he will the the goat bantamweight

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Aljo is hateable on accident, but he should just lean into it. Dude is a total cunt.

My buddy thinks O'Malley is going to put him away. Shocked me because he hates O'Malley. I like him, but I can't think of a single time he's shown off his ground game?

Also...there's people that don't like Belal?!

Jozu

lol Muhammad is so fucking stale. The guy sounds like a complete tool. He is so disinteresting, as a person and fighter. I really dont know how the Burns fight could have went any worse for him, considering he wont even get real credit for it as Gilbert was injured. Its hilarious that that happened to him. The MMA gods are extracting unknowable amounts of pain from him through never ending fights with no payoff.

Sterling to me seems like he could be had. So he has only been stopped once by Moraes, and seems to have a pretty good beard, so Im not sure Sean has the juice to flatline him. I could maybe see him winning a 5 rd decision if he can somehow stay on the feet, or goad dumbass Sterling into a shootout on the feet.

But we know thats not going to happen because he has already came out and said he wants to grapple him in so many words. He didnt mention anything to do with stopping him, or striking with him, he only talked about gay shit like throwing him around the ring or folding him up. SO it will probably be a boring Sterling victory via cage fucking and ground hugs.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
lol Muhammad is so fucking stale. The guy sounds like a complete tool. He is so disinteresting, as a person and fighter. I really dont know how the Burns fight could have went any worse for him, considering he wont even get real credit for it as Gilbert was injured. Its hilarious that that happened to him. The MMA gods are extracting unknowable amounts of pain from him through never ending fights with no payoff.
Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• 1Slow

Goatface

1683659590502.png

really thought santos was going to be something, but after jones wrecked his legs went all downhill
1683659672870.png

======
1683659926290.png

on the same card, Jim Miller (39) will have his 42 ufc fight against Ludovit Klein

currently most ufc fights of active fighters
Miller 41
Arlovski 39
Guida 35
Rafael Dos Anjos 33
Oliveira 31

current most wins in ufc of active fighters
Miller 24 (39)
Arlovski 23 (44)
Rafael Dos Anjos 21 (38)
Jon Jones 21 (35)
Oliveira 21 (33)
Poirier 21 (34)

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
View attachment 472811

really thought santos was going to be something, but after jones wrecked his legs went all downhill
View attachment 472812
======
View attachment 472813
on the same card, Jim Miller (39) will have his 42 ufc fight against Ludovit Klein

currently most ufc fights of active fighters
Miller 41
Arlovski 39
Guida 35
Rafael Dos Anjos 33
Oliveira 31

current most wins in ufc of active fighters
Miller 24 (39)
Arlovski 23 (44)
Rafael Dos Anjos 21 (38)
Jon Jones 21 (35)
Oliveira 21 (33)
Poirier 21 (34)

Santos knees were already injured before the Jones fight. Jones was fighting a one legged guy to begin with. But yeah a fresh 25 year old Santos would have taken a KO victory over Jones and been dominant in the standup for awhile. It just was poor timing in his career.

Animosity

Jim Miller’s longevity is pretty insane. Even if he isn’t a top fighter anymore.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
That 290 card

View attachment 473030
That shit is STACKED. I'm so excited to watch mah boy Yair. I think he's going to get his ass beat, but goddamn would I love for him to pull out a shocker. I don't think he ever got the hype he should've because of his long layoff.