MMA Thread

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So fucking HYPED! My heart wants Yair to kick Volk to death but my brain knows Volk is too goddamn good.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Expected result. I wonder how much that headbutt had an effect on that subsequent punch that rocked Yair.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Tainted by the headbutt. Looked bad from a few different angles. At first it looked like a minor foul-- but those additional angles showed some serious collision.

Goatface

dan hooker's broken arm and zygomatic arch
1689034676923.png
1689034697855.png

• 2Mother of God
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Goatface

1689093171507.png

the story i was looking at, said it will have rounds and judges scoring, but didn't know if it was going to be a real pro fight or not.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The best heavyweight boxer in history, vs a big dude that isn't even a boxer.

I wonder what will happen...

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
The best heavyweight boxer in history, vs a big dude that isn't even a boxer.

I wonder what will happen...
Yea fuck the fight. We should just make bets on the way Ngannou acts in the post-fight pressors.

Is he going to be humble and say shit like "...just gotta get back to the gym, plug some holes and try again...", or is he going to go deeper into whatever delusional hole his manager has been dragging him in to?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Jones/UFC was asking for those modified rules to at least make it competitive. Fury said fuck that, I'll just take the easy money.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
can't wait for the undercards to complain that they didn't get paid millions, cuz thats ngannous thing now

Goatface

sucks

There no longer is a champion in the UFC light heavyweight division after Jamahal Hill suffered a serious injury.

Hill (12-1 MMA, 6-1 UFC) announced Friday he will give up the 205-pound belt after he sustained a ruptured Achilles tendon that will require surgery. As as result, the title now is vacant.

“Everyone knows that I’ve been waiting for months now to face Jiri Prochazka and defend my belt and my title – unfortunately we’re going to have to wait a little bit,” Hill said on his YouTube channel. “I’ve ruptured my Achilles. … It’s just one of those things that happens. It’s one that will require surgery and time and rehab and things to be out for a while. Also, with that, I was given an opportunity. I was given an opportunity. Jiri Prochazka was the champion. He suffered an injury, as these things happen and he had to – he gave up the belt and allowed for others to not hold the division up, to keep the division moving forward to make sure the people had a champion. I’ll do the same.

“Right now, the biggest thing is focusing on my recovery, focusing on getting back to 100 percent. I need to take some time and focus on my health and make sure that I’m 100 and make sure I’m the fighter that everyone knows I am. In order to do that, I need to focus on getting ready and rehabbing.”

Hill, 32, who won the gold in January with a lopsided unanimous decision win over Glover Teixeira at UFC 283 in Brazil, said he wishes he could have retained the strap for the duration of his recovery, but he understands the situation.

He thanked the UFC brass for its support through the process, and said he’s been assured he will get an opportunity to fight for the title again once healthy.

“On my road to recovery, I’ve been promised that I will fight for my title immediately as soon as I am able, as well as the other things that come with that,” Hill said. “Yeah, man – it’s just part of the story.”

=

still nothing on prochazka return, he was saying summer in jan/feb and then in may said he should know by june. mmajunkie ran a story earlier this week, saying prochazka readiness wasn't known, hill didn't think magomed has earned a title shot and was looking to fight winner of blachowicz-pereira before end of the year.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
sucks

There no longer is a champion in the UFC light heavyweight division after Jamahal Hill suffered a serious injury.

Hill (12-1 MMA, 6-1 UFC) announced Friday he will give up the 205-pound belt after he sustained a ruptured Achilles tendon that will require surgery. As as result, the title now is vacant.

“Everyone knows that I’ve been waiting for months now to face Jiri Prochazka and defend my belt and my title – unfortunately we’re going to have to wait a little bit,” Hill said on his YouTube channel. “I’ve ruptured my Achilles. … It’s just one of those things that happens. It’s one that will require surgery and time and rehab and things to be out for a while. Also, with that, I was given an opportunity. I was given an opportunity. Jiri Prochazka was the champion. He suffered an injury, as these things happen and he had to – he gave up the belt and allowed for others to not hold the division up, to keep the division moving forward to make sure the people had a champion. I’ll do the same.

“Right now, the biggest thing is focusing on my recovery, focusing on getting back to 100 percent. I need to take some time and focus on my health and make sure that I’m 100 and make sure I’m the fighter that everyone knows I am. In order to do that, I need to focus on getting ready and rehabbing.”

Hill, 32, who won the gold in January with a lopsided unanimous decision win over Glover Teixeira at UFC 283 in Brazil, said he wishes he could have retained the strap for the duration of his recovery, but he understands the situation.

He thanked the UFC brass for its support through the process, and said he’s been assured he will get an opportunity to fight for the title again once healthy.

“On my road to recovery, I’ve been promised that I will fight for my title immediately as soon as I am able, as well as the other things that come with that,” Hill said. “Yeah, man – it’s just part of the story.”

=

still nothing on prochazka return, he was saying summer in jan/feb and then in may said he should know by june. mmajunkie ran a story earlier this week, saying prochazka readiness wasn't known, hill didn't think magomed has earned a title shot and was looking to fight winner of blachowicz-pereira before end of the year.
the ghost of dominic cruz strikes again
4c0b6a553d9f3160a2ce24403bf81ff7

never will dana let a champ hold up the division for 3years

or is it lulz that lhw strap is a hot potatoe of injuries?

does anyone even remember how hill won?

*edit
oh, he bored us to death vs. glover