MMA Thread

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I can't stand Izzy, but I don't get all the resistance to him getting first shot at a rematch.

Can't say I give much of a shit either way, but I don't have an issue with a champ that was a dominant champ getting an instant rematch.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I can see the argument of people wanting a dominant champion getting a rematch however, with him losing the the rank 5 fighter of the division as well as him going W-L-W-L in his past 4 fights isn't really a good look for him anymore imo

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I can see the argument of people wanting a dominant champion getting a rematch however, with him losing the the rank 5 fighter of the division as well as him going W-L-W-L in his past 4 fights isn't really a good look for him anymore imo
Well, his first loss ever came because he had to move up, because he had beat the shit out of the division for so long and there was nobody left to fight. And the loss to Pereira he was winning until he got a little sloppy. Let's not pretend like Pereira dominated him.

His only real tarnish so far has been the Sean loss.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I can't stand Izzy, but I don't get all the resistance to him getting first shot at a rematch.

Can't say I give much of a shit either way, but I don't have an issue with a champ that was a dominant champ getting an instant rematch.
did you see the fight?

if it's to be believed, he says he didn't even watch tape of izzy, idk if thats boasting or he just sounds stupid, but he says he spars everyday, and izzy was so easy to read.

izzy has arms mid-low, almost like wonderboy, he could see when he trys to jab, izzy would flare out his elbows (like mt style) and he'd see hooks coming, the metrics aren't even fair to sean cuz all of izzy leg kicks counted as a strike, but he checked all of em, and when he didn't pick up his leg to check izzy, he just threw a front kick/teep to get izzy moving backwards.

thats all izzy could do is walk back, circle away cuz sean just walked him down

izzy did not belong there, he was so outclassed, it was just like volk vs korean zombie/halloway vs zombie, they both had ample times to molly wop zombie, but there was just so much respect for him.

sean don't respect nuttin, lulz

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
did you see the fight?

if it's to be believed, he says he didn't even watch tape of izzy, idk if thats boasting or he just sounds stupid, but he says he spars everyday, and izzy was so easy to read.

izzy has arms mid-low, almost like wonderboy, he could see when he trys to jab, izzy would flare out his elbows (like mt style) and he'd see hooks coming, the metrics aren't even fair to sean cuz all of izzy leg kicks counted as a strike, but he checked all of em, and when he didn't pick up his leg to check izzy, he just threw a front kick/teep to get izzy moving backwards.

izzy did not belong there, he was so outclassed, it was just like volk vs korean zombie/halloway vs zombie, they both had ample times to molly wop zombie, but there was just so much respect for him.

I really liked Joe Rogan podcast watching the live fight, not the same when not live

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I really liked Joe Rogan podcast watching the live fight, not the same when not live

oh god it's a schaub fight companion

*edit oh fuck and callen

whose the other fuck nugget?

jesus, wheres eddie bravo

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
did you see the fight?

Izzy landed 20 punches out of 154 punches thrown to the head.

He's done for awhile. Let him prove himself against a contender.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Izzy landed 20 punches out of 154 punches thrown to the head.

He's done for awhile. Let him prove himself against a contender.
yea, and i think i only saw 2 clean shots, the rest were glancing, sorta checked etc, sean checked those shots with his hands pushed up and out a lot, so izzys long arms just touched his temple

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
yea, and i think i only saw 2 clean shots, the rest were glancing, sorta checked etc, sean checked those shots with his hands pushed up and out a lot, so izzys long arms just touched his temple

I forgot the quotations 20 "punches" out of 154. Maybe 2 actual punches like you said.

That's not rematch material. While it wasn't as bad as the Jan or Potan showing, it marks a trend. Strickland says he has him figured out, and the numbers support that. No interest as a fan in a rematch right now.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i can't imagine this week is gonna be worthwhile

d74fb778504028cd348ccef72217d32f.png

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I'll watch the top two. I've liked Holland ever since he stood and banged with Wonderboy, and Shevchenko is going to get her belt back. Grasso's little grabbers aren't going to find her neck twice.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

ian garrys legal name is
ian garry machado and is 25

that's because he married his wife and took her last name, and shes 40

he's also hired her ex-husband, the father of her child, to be his nutritionist

so he is paying to eat ex-husband slop, willingly, while taking the name of an older woman

this couple is fucking him him and he's too dumb to realize it, just like he's too dumb to think that it was an "off night" for izzzy

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
wwe ufc shit, dana is now ceo

he also walks back izzy rematch

He had no choice. What's he going to do-- go against the entire fanbase plus their broadcast partner in ESPN?

ESPN said no. The fans said no. The MMA press core said no.

22/154 just isn't enough to get a rematch. If anyone else had that performance they might even be slammed out the door. It's only because of who Izzy is that DW was trying to get people to overlook the 20/154. It's just not happening. Numbers don't lie.