MMA Thread

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I've always thought that the best fighter to beat Jones was a stocky wreatler . rashad did so poorly though that theory was knocked down.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
I've always thought that the best fighter to beat Jones was a stocky wreatler . rashad did so poorly though that theory was knocked down.
A stocky wrestler who isn't intimidated by a guy who hasn't whooped his ass in training has a chance.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Cormier has out grappled some of the great MMA grapplers at heavyweight. He will grapple rape Jones to a decision.

Cormier has balls of steel at heavyweight fighting guys way bigger then him, he should have the kind of confidence needed to get inside on Jones and take him down.
It is quite likely that he would out grapple him...if he gets a hold of him. Jones is so much longer than him he could have a tough time getting a hold of him. There is no doubt Cormier isn't afraid to close the distance and get a hold of him, but I am just not sure he can do it consistently and without taking a beating on the way in.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Again, the fact he's been fighting heavyweights will help there. He's been fighting guys with way longer reach already. Now, obviously, Bigfoot and Barnett won't prepare you for the accuracy and speed of JJ. But he's had plenty of practice getting inside on guys with significant size advantages.

I'm withholding any real opinion on him vs. JJ until after he fights Rashad. I expect him to fuckin' steamroll Evans, and if he does that I'll start talking about his chances of beating Bones.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Again, the fact he's been fighting heavyweights will help there. He's been fighting guys with way longer reach already. Now, obviously, Bigfoot and Barnett won't prepare you for the accuracy and speed of JJ. But he's had plenty of practice getting inside on guys with significant size advantages.

I'm withholding any real opinion on him vs. JJ until after he fights Rashad. I expect him to fuckin' steamroll Evans, and if he does that I'll start talking about his chances of beating Bones.
Im curious of what the lines on Cormier vs Rashad will be, could be easy money to be made on Cormier.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Could be, but Cormier has a lot of hype and Rashad is fairly undependable. He's gone through a lot in the last few years and his dedication is questionable.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah I'm guessing it will go off fairly even or maybe a bit in favor of Cormier. But unlike everything else in life I'm no expert on MMA lines.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I love Don Frye, LOL.

I don't know about the Silva fight, I'm curious to see if it's a completely different fight this time.

I'd def go with Cormier personally.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Cormier is -205 on Bodog :/

Glover Teixeira is +450 against Jones, $50 to win $225, thats not a bad bet.

Also a pic of Weidman ready to kick some ass!

BcW5AQFCUAAuULb.jpg

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cormier is -205 on Bodog :/

Glover Teixeira is +450 against Jones, $50 to win $225, thats not a bad bet.
Not bad if you want to lose $50. Jones is going to annihilate Glover. Honestly think it's going to be embarrassing for Texeira.

He's a badass, but he's really slow. Look how bad he looked against Bader, he got clipped multiple times by that slow dude before finishing him. Tons of heart with great power and a very good sub game, but he's going to be so physically outmatched it won't matter.

If you bet against JJ here it's not because you think it's a decent investment. You are just gambling on a fluke. Which is fine for fun, but it's not a good way to make cash=P

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Cormier being -200 seems about right. Rashad is undependable like I said, but Cormier at LHW is a huge unknown. He said before that he fought at HW because he couldn't cut weight (He had kidney failure in the 2008 olympics from cutting weight). If it's a bad cut you won't hear anything about it from AKA, but it will be very telling to see what he looks like in the weigh ins.
That sounds like avatar bet talk!
I'll avatar bet anyone on JJ beating Glover.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Just looked up lines for barnett, he's at -200 which seems right. I'm really surprised that A. Silva is at -170. There must be information about how his camp or Weidman's camp is going that I don't know about, because I thought he'd be closer to -110. Rousey being at -750 is pretty hilarious.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I seriously think Tate's arm is getting snapped gruesomely and we're going to get a Paul Harris like controversy where the ref has to pull Ronda off.

And yes, I will absolutely take an avatar bet on JJ beating Glover.