MMA Thread

Wurstsalat

Silver Knight of the Realm
No, that was last week at EA in Burnaby.

Also, Nate Diaz by Decision!

What?

You're on steroids.
Well, looks like Holly took more than just the title.
I'd love to see someone shut up McGregor, it gets tedious, but i highly doubt it will be Diaz.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All of this ends poorly for Wanderlei. He will probably be dead before he sees 50.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
El8518B.gif

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Caught the tail end of the UFC Unstoppable Press Conference and there was a lot of shit talk going on between almost everybody outside of a few dudes. Square offs next...I'm sure they won't let Jones/Cormier have the same incident as the time before.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
There is no way Connor is making $10 million for this, is he? I know the guy talks a ton of shit about how much money he makes, but has he really raised the stakes up that high?
Of course he is.....there was an article after the last fight he made something like a $1mm per second which I think was 13 seconds long...

Column_sl

shitlord
I always wondered why Nate never went into Boxing seemed more his speed then the UFC. He just needed some training.

Anyway, I'm not excited for any of the main matches.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I always wondered why Nate never went into Boxing seemed more his speed then the UFC.
Probably because how badly he would get tooled at even a local amateur level. A State level GG boxer would dust Conor or Nate. The reason Conor has looked good in his boxing is because he has a small background in the sport and the fighters he fights just let him punch them in the face with no lateral head movement.

The new rage in MMA is to talk about "lines" or angles. This is first year boxing footwork stuff. Even Conor who obviously has a few years experience in boxing still moves up the middle and would be fucking dropped by a decent amateur.

Tonight, watch Holly move. Although I think she is sub par in her boxing, she is good for a girl.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I know it's not gonna happen, but how hilarious would it be if Diaz won? As much as I always enjoy seeing a Diaz get his face rearranged, if he got an upset against the UFC's golden boy? Best thing ever.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I don't expect it but crazier things have happened. Diaz is on my Draftkings lineup.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No reason Nate can't win if he fights smart like he did against Michael Johnson. He's got a pretty huge size advantage, both weight and reach, and he knows how to use his jab. He's not bad in the clinch either.

When I try and think about this fight logically I come down to a near 50/50 fight that hinges entirely on which guy can control his tendencies and fight to exploit the other guy's disadvantages. Which is obviously the case in most fair fights but there's very specific stuff going on in this one.. If Conor loads up on the leg kicks that Nate is prone to just absorbing, traditional style not the lateral/push stuff he loves so much, he's in god shape. Nate will get frustrated and fight dumber and leave himself open to more. Flipside is the Nate size advantage obviously.