MMA Thread

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Rumble seems out of the picture. Rashad is another option for Jones. He's had a full camp preparing for Texiera and probably looks more appealing than OSP to the casual fan.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
OSP is going to get thrown over the top of the octagon, then Jones will challenge DC at UFC 200 and actually put a title fight on that card.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I can't remember where I saw it...probably here like one page ago, but Conor vs. Nate doubled Jones vs. Cormier in PPV sales. Not sure how accurate that is, but even if Jones and Cormier get added to UFC 200, I'd be surprised if they get the main event over Conor and Nate.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I'm just kind of waiting to see how long it takes for Conor's star to start fading, so to speak, and for Dana to replace him without even blinking.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm just kind of waiting to see how long it takes for Conor's star to start fading, so to speak, and for Dana to replace him without even blinking.
I bet if Conor loses again we will see Max or Tony Ferg get some real push. Wonderboy could be a huge sell if (when) he beats my home boy Rory.

I still hate the Wonderboy v Rory fight, I like them both and don't want to see Rory lose on his final fight of his contract.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
lol DC is fucking losing it. he is finally showing people he is just as much as a egotistical asshole as Jon is. Offers to train OPS for Bones, then talks shit about how much of a can the dude is and Jon is a pussy for fighting him. Then going on a melt down on twitter saying hes rich and acting like Dana.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I bet if Conor loses again we will see Max or Tony Ferg get some real push.

March of last year.

BTW Tony Ferguson is now 8-1 since winning TUF 13. His only loss was a decision to Michael Johnson. His current 5 fight win streak includes finishes over legit guys like Abel Trujillo, Kikuno, and this weekend he became only the second person to submit Gleison Tibau.

Why isn't the UFC pushing him hard? He's got that Hispanic thing going on that they love, his fights are exciting and he finishes, and he is a TUF winner. So, why is there no big push for him? I guess the Tibau fight is probably the start of his hype train, but it feels like he should have been getting more hype already.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
None of these fuckers (except for Cerrone!) can stay healthy for more than a couple weeks at a time. Fuck me

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Apparently Cerrone wants to fill in for Ferguson against Nurmagomedov. However, he wants to make sure they will still allow him to fight on the 6/18 card against Cote.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
well I guess they can 'promise', as long as he doesn't end up medically suspended or something? Sounds like a risk that Zuffa can't really prevent barring telling him "no"