MMA Thread

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Had Mayweather had no respect for Conor's hands, I just wonder what that fight would have looked like.

lol wut?

Mayweather didn't have any respect for Conor and he could have ended the fight in round 1 if he wanted. I assume part of the negotiations for that joke of a fight included an informal agreement that he wouldn't utterly humiliate Conor, which would have undercut Conor's benefits from taking the fight in the first place. The ref stopped the fight almost immediately after Mayweather started to let his hands go, so if he wasn't in on the agreement then he realized that Mayweather was just clowning around up until that point and that if he didn't stop the fight Conor was going to get his head punched off.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

gak

<Gold Donor>
Sherdog has better angles of the mayweather knockdowns:

11.gif

22.gif

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Goatface

=

Derrick Lewis vs Alistair Overeem is apparently in the works

=

if this happens before Tony gets a shot, he should jump off the top of the ring and atomic elbow Dana

The Conor McGregor-Khabib rematch WILL go down in 2019 -- so says Dana White ... who tells TMZ Sports it'll happen as long as everything goes according to plan.

The UFC honcho popped by the TMZ offices last week ... and told us there are still some hurdles to clear -- but he thinks Khabib-Conor II will get set sometime in the next 12 months.

"As long as everything goes right, this fight should happen."

=

Manager Ali Abdelaziz discusses what’s next for Khabib Nurmagomedov, Kamaru Usman, Frankie Edgar, more

“So [we want] the biggest money fight he can make. Boxing, MMA, whatever. I love Tony Ferguson — he’s not that, I can tell you that. One-hundred percent, Tony Ferguson is not the next fight, because Tony Ferguson — I need somebody who can sell pay-per-views. At the end of the day, it will be the exact same situation. Khabib was supposed to fight Eddie Alvarez, remember that? When he got taken out [in place of Conor McGregor], we understood it because Conor’s going to bring pay-per-views. We need people who can help us sell pay-per-views, and that’s it.”

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
bigfoot really fucked up cat

I have a damaged iris, damaged retina, hemorrhage in the back of my eye, increased globe pressure and of course the laceration. They want me back at the doctor every three to four days to make sure there’s no detachment on the retina.

Right now, they have to keep it dilated and on steroids for the next two weeks to keep the pressure down.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Michael Bisping recalls profane exchange by Jon Jones off-air after UFC 232

“I don’t care about asking difficult questions and I asked Jon Jones some questions, which apparently he didn’t like because after the fight…we interviewed him again and when we were on commercial break he was talking f*cking shit,’” said Bisping.

“To whoever the powers may be were at FOX, he [said], ‘Is that motherf*cker Michael Bisping going to be asking questions again, with his f*cking dumb sh*t,’ and all this and I was like, ‘Ohhh yeah.’”

Bisping believes what annoyed Jones was a question he asked him concerning what the protocol would be if he failed a post-fight test.

“Here’s what we never spoke about: he tested positive in August, he tested positive in September and he tested positive in December. Now they’re saying that they are metabolites and they’re saying the presence of Turinabol can stay in his body for a long time. So, if you put that all together, he’s probably going to test positive after fight,” stated Bisping.

“So, I said, ‘Jon, has there been any discussion as to what happens if you test positive after the fight?’ Because I’ll tell you what, if I’m Alexander Gustafsson and you stopped me in the third round, but the motherf*cker tests positive…and I don’t care how many small pinches of salt it is in an Olympic sized swimming pool…I want that overturned to a f*cking no contest because you’ve tested positive after the fact.”

As far as Bisping remembers, Jones sidestepped the question on two occasions.

Bisping said: “He said, ‘Well, you know, I’m just looking forward to this fight, this fight’s going to be great and blah blah blah—he just totally ignored the question. So then I went back at him again, I slightly reworded [the question] and once again he ignored it. You could see he wasn’t happy.”

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
good lord it might be jones vs. anthony smith, somehow he's ranked 3, i guess he's took out old men rashad and shogun and rnc'd vulkan, but LHW just sucks that this dude number 3?

Hopefully Jones they make the fight, Jones wrecks this bitch and gets a title fight against DC at HW.

Why? cuz DC sux, don't mind seeing him lose x3 against Jones, at his home court advantage(HW), and Jones will be the first real Champ, Champ.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

LHW just sucks that this dude number 3?
Gus was ranked #1, while not fighting in 19 months
Smith should be ranked 2nd, as DC isn't coming back to LHW

don't think even if they back up the truck, DC would take another fight with jones
he is set on Brock, Snipe as a back up and retirement

getting tired of the Champ/Champ, they should make anyone with 2 belts fight every 3 months

Dillashaw is talking about fighting Max to have 3 belts
he has had 2 fights in last 2 years

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Gus was ranked #1, while not fighting in 19 months
Smith should be ranked 2nd, as DC isn't coming back to LHW

don't think even if they back up the truck, DC would take another fight with jones
he is set on Brock, Snipe as a back up and retirement

getting tired of the Champ/Champ, they should make anyone with 2 belts fight every 3 months

Dillashaw is talking about fighting Max to have 3 belts
he has had 2 fights in last 2 years
wtf, dillashaw vs. cejudo is for the midget 125 belt? i always thought it was for 135, gah now this shitty epsn+++++ fight card is even worse.

You know how fucked this card is? they put cowboy on prelims, da fuq?

Goatface

Jones future odds

-265 = DC +205
-350 = Brock +265
-160 = Stipe +140

not been updated in a while, but

DC -275 = Brock +215