MMA Thread

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
So I am torn on the Bisping vs Henderson fight. I mean we all know Henderson doesn't deserve a title shot, but I will be damned if I am not pulling for him. Would be awesome to see him KO Bisping, get the UFC title, and retire in the same night. That being said, I think Henderson is going to get beat up. Dude is just way too slow and a full on 1 trick pony now. Plus he doesn't even have the chin to save him like he once did.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I think they have both declared they are retiring win or lose. So..... hoping for a double KO, chaos reeeeeigns!

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
This card delivers on the chaos front.

I'm kind of feeling like

mfw-im-baked-and-taco-bell-is-right-next-to-panda-express-68156.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The fuck was that about calling fake tap? Did he really think Stipe trying to get through his hands to get free was a tap? Think he just got put to sleep hard and lights aren't all back on yet.

Punk predictably got owned. Went in way too aggressive and literally did nothing other than at least not get finished immediately. Props to him for trying it, and saying he wants to continue, but he shouldn't get a fight that high up the card again.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
So is this their new way of doing the post fight conference? Bring out 1 fighter at a time?

I suppose it makes sense. This way it gets started sooner so you don't have to wait for every fighter to be ready, and fighters don't have to sit around staring at the ceiling when there are no questions for them.

Hosix

All labs matter!
No matter what, you have to respect a guy that's made millions and is fighting for fun.

Eeeeehhhh....I respect the fact he has a hot wife. He walked away from easy money. Never a smart move and he was soooo over in wwe.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Eeeeehhhh....I respect the fact he has a hot wife. He walked away from easy money. Never a smart move and he was soooo over in wwe.

Over with the fans, not so much with management (although that was a big reason why he was over with the fans). I can respect he didn't want the easy life (as much as being a top tier guy in the WWE can be called easy life with all the travel), and wanted to take on this challenge...but he has a long way to go to prove his journey in UFC is going to be anything more than a big name getting beat up in real fights.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole

I respect anyone that takes the hard road instead of the easy road. It's easy to talk shit behind a keyboard. He took a beating last night, and has lost millions doing it, all because he wanted to chase a dream.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Listen, I can totally respect him giving it a try, but he has no business being in the UFC right now. He is in for name recognition only, and that is it. There is no other person on the face of the planet that would have been given a chance to fight in the UFC as their professional debut when they have zero experience. And no, WWE does not count as actual experience in fighting.

He won't ever have a successful MMA career, and not because he won't try hard or isn't athletically gifted. He is 37 years old, has only been training for 2 years, and beyond these 2 years of training has no real combat sports background. No wrestling, no boxing, no BJJ, no kickboxing, nothing.

On the topic of WWE. I haven't watched it since I was a little kid, just because I find it pretty silly. However, how was he such a big name? I thought all the best guys were giants like The Rock and Brock Lesnar? Do they have weight classes there too?

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Listen, I can totally respect him giving it a try, but he has no business being in the UFC right now.

I don't really get the issue, I guess. Worst case scenario was always him coming in and getting wrekt. At most, someone could argue that he took a fight that some other up-and-comer could have had, but tons of cans and mediocre talents wash out of the UFC every year and Punk just gets to be one of those. Except now Gall looks like a superhero for BJJ-raping the guy, and he gets to collect a noteworthy scalp.

I don't think I'd care if every professional wrestler on earth was lined up to get into the UFC. I'd love to watch the majority just get absolutely destroyed by guys who have put in the time training for years and are relative unknowns. Fuck, throw @Celebrindal in there and let him pretzel some "professional wrestler" who made millions wearing spandex, LOL.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
They still chant "CM Punk CM Punk" at live events, two years after he left, if that answers your question.

Punk was a fan favorite also the first real big indie wrestler WWE brought in, but he never out sold Cena. Punk was overrated imo. I never thought his wrestling style was all that fun to watch.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Punk cut promo's hard enough that he made the major news outlets. It was hard to tell if some of his promo's were real or not. And yeah, WWE management hated his guts, and still does. They are suing him now.