Mod Police - Now active - F16 patrolling

Status
Not open for further replies.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Just threw my phone in a bucket of water and put aluminum foil around my head. Good luck targetting me with your bombers now!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I didn't know about this, but I am ok with Utnayan as amod. For years a_skeleton_03 had claimed that the dozen or so amods we had were way too many and a much smaller team is more fitting. It is good to see him change his mind and grow the team. By my count we are halfway to a good number.

For those who might be upset by such a choice, my recommendation is to make a poll thread.
:emoji_fork_knife_plate::emoji_poop::emoji_coffin::emoji_gay_pride_flag:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So 1 post was good enough for "outcry" because about 3/4 of what you just said didn't happen?

I admit you did a great job not instantly destroying the forum. Don't chalk up my passion on the subject to my ego. I explained it multiple times and we've all seen how moderation gets more retarded with time so for you to pop out a 90% retarded action this early in the game I had to take emergency maneuvers.

So yes it wasn't that big of deal, but no it wasn't ok, correct?

• 1Like

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
OK! Now that you are holding office I demand you follow thru on your campaign promise and do "Drunken Calls to Washed Up Devs" on TwitchTV

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I didn't know about this, but I am ok with Utnayan as amod. For years a_skeleton_03 had claimed that the dozen or so amods we had were way too many and a much smaller team is more fitting. It is good to see him change his mind and grow the team. By my count we are halfway to a good number.

For those who might be upset by such a choice, my recommendation is to make a poll thread.

134.jpg

• 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I explained it multiple times
I have explained multiple times with zero changes exactly my mindset on the issue and why I made the choice and how it had nothing to do with any one user and yet I am "backpedaling" etc ...

If what is in my own brain is wrong how can I know you are telling the truth about not throwing a temper tantrum? I mean you ARE the one with a vanity thread. I don't know how vain you truly are.

• 1Like

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I have explained multiple times with zero changes exactly my mindset on the issue and why I made the choice and how it had nothing to do with any one user and yet I am "backpedaling" etc ...

If what is in my own brain is wrong how can I know you are telling the truth about not throwing a temper tantrum? I mean you ARE the one with a vanity thread. I don't know how vain you truly are.

I guess you can take solace in the fact that that's not the issue at all and has no bearing on anything except you trying to pettily save face?

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I like this concept of building a brand new forum like it's Jenga with 3/4 of the bottom pieces pulled out on the first move.

• 1Solidarity

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
The mod-season is young!

I mean, we're allowing animal cruelty, trex to post anywhere, and there was board backlash over RRP'ing Tanoomba for 3 fucking days. So, there may not be much to do, people apparently want a total free for all.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
I mean, we're allowing animal cruelty, trex to post anywhere, and there was board backlash over RRP'ing Tanoomba for 3 fucking days. So, there may not be much to do, people apparently want a total free for all.
Coon tossing ain't animal cruelty. Nobody would have complained if you deleted a "shovel dog" gif. Also, do not Google "shovel dog" if you don't already know what it is.

• 1Rustled

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I guess you can take solace in the fact that that's not the issue at all and has no bearing on anything except you trying to pettily save face?
See there it is again, I am "trying to save face" from what I don't know.

I made a dispassionate decision that I thought was a smart thing to do. Nobody care for 24 hours. You came along and freaked out. I made a poll. During that time I plead my case. You and others plead yours. The vote was 1/3 in my favor and 2/3 in yours. I immediately reverted the decision.

There isn't a right or wrong side. There are two different styles. That is all.

Keep trying to pretend you were just concerned for the community. They were threads that didn't have to be imported and then they would be an issue. A lot of people didn't even want old threads. Yet here we are.

I am being chastised by passionate posters for moving a thread nobody even wanted there in the first place based on a dispassionate reason to try and ensure that shit posters have the slightest reason to not be shit posters.

• 1Like

khalid

Unelected Mod
people apparently want a total free for all.

It seems that most people want a free-for-all until something bothers them directly, then they suddenly want moderation. People active in the gamergate thread didn't seem to be outraged at the Tanoomba RRP and no one active in the ME thread were outraged by his RRP.

• 1Like
Status
Not open for further replies.