Mod Police - Now active - F16 patrolling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Basically if anyone tries to turn this place into reddit. There was a guy there that posted a ton of information on how to get a refund for No Man's Sky. A huge process and very well thought out post with steps across how to do it with Sony, Steam, Amazon, etc. Some mod over there that was tight with Hello Games banned the poster and tried to delete the thread. That's really the only time I can think of I would be needed. So... never. (I hope)

Back to work I go. Remember, you never saw me. I am a ghost in the wind.

Hmmmm.

Utnayan, you're a great guy and all, but you are absolutely the wrong person for this position.

For one, thing, nobody will ever try to turn this place into Reddit. We don't have a single SJW here and there is zero pressure coming from any direction to stifle anti-SJW rhetoric. Nobody has connections to corporate overlords wanting to censor any words that might hurt their bottom line.

Having said that, there is absolute potential for mod power abuse. Heck, we've already seen an insta-RRP given arbitrarily and without explanation to someone who hadn't broken any rules. That's the kind of shit we need a mod watcher for, but unfortunately you share the same mindset as most mods. How can you keep them in line when you won't have a problem with what they choose to abuse their power on? No, what we need is someone who won't be afraid to hold mods accountable for abuses of their power, even if those abuses have been approved by other mods or some vocal posters. Freedom isn't just supposed to apply for those who already agree with you.

You've got my job, Utnayan.

• 1Jew
Reactions: 1 user

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
No, but what they did to that racoon afterwards would constitute it if it wasn't a group of starving North Koreans or chimpanzees doing it.

• 1Jew

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I find the raccoon gif funny because it makes it seem like he has an endless supply of raccoons to get rid of (and not so much that it's an animal).

• 1Like
  • 1Jew
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Hmmmm.

Utnayan, you're a great guy and all, but you are absolutely the wrong person for this position.

For one, thing, nobody will ever try to turn this place into Reddit. We don't have a single SJW here and there is zero pressure coming from any direction to stifle anti-SJW rhetoric. Nobody has connections to corporate overlords wanting to censor any words that might hurt their bottom line.

Having said that, there is absolute potential for mod power abuse. Heck, we've already seen an insta-RRP given arbitrarily and without explanation to someone who hadn't broken any rules. That's the kind of shit we need a mod watcher for, but unfortunately you share the same mindset as most mods. How can you keep them in line when you won't have a problem with what they choose to abuse their power on? No, what we need is someone who won't be afraid to hold mods accountable for abuses of their power, even if those abuses have been approved by other mods or some vocal posters. Freedom isn't just supposed to apply for those who already agree with you.

You've got my job, Utnayan.

My mindset is that of absolute freedom of opinion.

You under-estimate the mods (One in particular) that has ties to the game industry.

That's why I am here to begin with. Games expression, opinion, regardless of developer/publisher/mod relationship, * MUST * at all times, stay two sided regardless. And none of those opinions should be stifled for the sake of the industry partner's bottom line or stealth marketing campaign. I have an inside track on 1) All Stealth Marketing Companies. 2) Their IP antics. 3) A way to stop it from flourishing on this particular website. 4) And a way to make sure our mods are on the honest up and up at all times.

No more, no less.

Last edited:
  • 1Jew

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
My mindset is that of absolute freedom of opinion.

You under-estimate the mods (One in particular) that has ties to the game industry.

That's why I am here to begin with.
Are you aware of the circumstance under which I was RRPed?

If you are, would you have considered that an acceptable abuse of mod power, or would you have seen it as an affront against freedom of opinion and taken action?

• 1Jew

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
How can anyone even view the Raccoon gif as animal cruelty? That is a man being a bro to his best friend, cuz man fuck those masked assholes, they always be tippin over my garbage cans.

• 1Jew
  • 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I am not aware. What happened? And who did it?

• 1Jew

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I am not aware. What happened? And who did it?

admiral-ackbar.png

• 2Like
  • 1Jew
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Perfectly acceptable. Sorry Tanoomba. If you want, I can convert you to being a republican.

Now, if a Mod RRP's you because you were talking negatively about a game and I find out they are in the pockets of a publisher/dev? Different story.

• 2Like
  • 1Jew
Reactions: 2 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Perfectly acceptable. Sorry Tanoomba. If you want, I can convert you to being a republican.

Now, if a Mod RRP's you because you were talking negatively about a game and I find out they are in the pockets of a publisher/dev? Different story.

I'm perfectly happy with this as an amodwatcher platform.

• 1Jew
  • 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
You should join him on drunk gaming

He serenaded me with Elvis, kept telling me I was a good dude (for 4 hours), comforted me about my wife, and then disappeared so randomly - like that drunk guy that was with you a minute ago at the bar.

Par for the course.

Tuco, you should join us.

• 1Jew

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Trolled :) Go back to your normal scheduled stuff.

This place needed a good stirring up for a minute.

On the real side of news, we just lost bridgewater for the season with a torn ACL at practice. :(

• 1Like
  • 1Jew

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
I can honestly say this is the hardest I've ever been trolled. I'm going to retire to my chambers and ponder my existence.

• 2Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Quite the rusemasters Ut and a_skeleton_03 are!

• 1Like
Status
Not open for further replies.