Monster Hunter: World

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
On Tempered Pink Rathian I've tried flashing him after like 3-5 attempts and he's been immune. Thought it was resistance building up but I went through the rest of my like 7-8 flash bombs making sure to hit him right. I didn't try going back and loading up on more bugs but this was my experience.

Yeah tempereds limit out at three.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Is there a reason people use might seeds over megademon and might pills? I know might pills only last like 20 or 30 seconds, but mega demon lasts until you cart at least.
I guess if you're strapped for ressources? Since they both use a might seed but megademon uses more stuff too, and technically, for the 3mins it lasts, might seed is a lot better. Since they stack though if you're at endgame with all slots unlocked at the tree, you might as well just use both. And the powder. They all stack and give a pretty good boost in damage. I use normal demon though, megademon is annoying to make and it's barely better.

Also in the case of speedruns and such, eating a seed is a lot faster than drinking a pot, which means they'll do that and powder if the boss is right next to the camp since there's no time to drink, and you might as well use the faster(and stronger) buffs.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
On Tempered Pink Rathian I've tried flashing him after like 3-5 attempts and he's been immune. Thought it was resistance building up but I went through the rest of my like 7-8 flash bombs making sure to hit him right. I didn't try going back and loading up on more bugs but this was my experience.

You can't chain them on anything including non tempereds or they will get temp immunity. Like someone said they have like a temporary resistance but they dont go immune like I was told. Im only HR58, so basically doing tempered elders only on rotation which are capped anyway.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Add me on steam, I'm on usually most parts of the day. Currently HR 51.

I think this link works to add me but I have no idea with new steam overhaul

Question, how do you get threat level 3 investigations? I have yet to get one, in fact, I don't have many threat level 2 either. Any specific way I should be farming these?
Just have to farm the tracks you find in the tempered investigations, but it can be pretty random. I had thought that for every 100pts of tracks you pick up, you'll pop an investigation, but after spending 40min following a tempered Azure Rathalos around and only getting 2 investigations, not sure now.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Add me on steam, I'm on usually most parts of the day. Currently HR 51.

I think this link works to add me but I have no idea with new steam overhaul

Question, how do you get threat level 3 investigations? I have yet to get one, in fact, I don't have many threat level 2 either. Any specific way I should be farming these?
Lvl 3 are Elder Dragons, I'm not sure if they drop the right tracks before you're HR49 though. Like they appear blue as usual, but they seem to be normal HR tracks instead of tempered. Once you're at HR49, I think any of them should drop. It's best to use the HR49 unlock quest to farm Kirin tracks for a bit and get a couple of investigations, so you can get started. After that I haven't had an issue sustaining elder dragons, I just keep getting them from breaking parts during the fights and picking up a couple of things.

For tier2, you can follow a Diablos around during an investigation and it gives a fair amount, it uses to be you could afk for 30mins then pick up hundreds of tracks but pretty sure they nerfed that cause the tracks disapear over time now. Similarily though once you have a few to make a base, you should keep getting more from hunting them.

Otherwise, check youtube for routes to farm, especially in wastes and elder's recess, waste is like, teleport southwest, walk out to check for bazel tracks, if not here teleport to diablos area, always a diablos track in front of where you drop into the room, then a black diablos track in the room further down where diablos can enter the sand walls.

For elder, you basically run around on the Uragaan path in the caverns then into the lava area, there's a bunch of blue tracks there. Once you collected the tracks you have to leave the area and come back for them to refresh. Once you get a couple of investigations do these to get more out of them, then it should keep going that way unless you get really shitty ones.

Also investigations pop based on your research level of the monster, so you want to keep raising that. It goes up naturally when you fight them though, just make sure to cash stuff in after the mission as I'm not sure if it keeps saving progress or if it just stops until you unlock next star(like when you talk to the old man and he says new information for this monster thing).

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Got 2 SnS augs last night and an attack jewel, didn't know you needed multiple of the stones to aug lower tier weapons =(

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So how do the weapons balance out here? Just spit balling and curious what you guys think, as I'm probably missing something.

HBG, I can shoot and do 14-20 damage every few seconds. Ammo type of course makes a difference, I'm talking just Normal 2 ammo. Then compare that to SNS, who has block, and then when I get in on a mob, I'm doing more damage, at about 11-30 damage, and hitting a ton faster. Is it because of the range element, so they can't have me doing so much as HBG? I do more damage with SNS in bursts, but I can't sustain it when the mob runs away, but I can with HBG (or any ranged for that matter), because I can keep shooting the Monster as it moves?

I don't get it.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
So how do the weapons balance out here? Just spit balling and curious what you guys think, as I'm probably missing something.

HBG, I can shoot and do 14-20 damage every few seconds. Ammo type of course makes a difference, I'm talking just Normal 2 ammo. Then compare that to SNS, who has block, and then when I get in on a mob, I'm doing more damage, at about 11-30 damage, and hitting a ton faster. Is it because of the range element, so they can't have me doing so much as HBG? I do more damage with SNS in bursts, but I can't sustain it when the mob runs away, but I can with HBG (or any ranged for that matter), because I can keep shooting the Monster as it moves?

I don't get it.

Most weapons do a lot more burst damage but it requires those jumps or special ammo they reload over and over etc. SnS for me is fun because alone for some reason the KO's and stuns are a lot easier to keep on the mobs. You can see MaestroNox on youtube keep mobs pretty much on the floor TKO'd which is just perfect shield drops and probably takes him hundreds of tries recording.

TLDR @a_skeleton_00 can do the HR50 Kirin in 1 minute. I did him this time to open the HR50 quests and it took me 7 minutes and I felt like I was in the Matrix with perfect gameplay and it took me 8x longer than him. I love the faster and more agile gameplay of SnS and how augmented weapons heal the living shit out of you. Really all depends whats fun and what you enjoy IMO.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
SnS is beyond broken. Backhop to KO and lockdown any monster, AT TEO was 4 mins.

Using items with weapon out is such an insane gift.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
SnS is beyond broken. Backhop to KO and lockdown any monster, AT TEO was 4 mins.

Using items with weapon out is such an insane gift.

When you do the initial hop do you guard + back and then hit circle? I can chain KO's but I suck at doing the initial hit. People like Maestro seem to be able to initiate the charge move at any time and from just standing still. Teach me sensei, also why can I lockdown mobs alone much easier compared to in multiplayer where maybe I get 1-2 KO's the entire fight?

bytes

Molten Core Raider
If tempered elders cap out at 3 flashbombs, how do you deal with Kushala without a ranged weapon? That fight gave me some serious Bed of Chaos vibes, it's incredibly dumb.

• 1Like

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
If tempered elders cap out at 3 flashbombs, how do you deal with Kushala without a ranged weapon? That fight gave me some serious Bed of Chaos vibes, it's incredibly dumb.

You dont and its rough AF like I think TJT TJT warned us about. I farmed the normal HR13 one for materials since I can force HR50's to be the other dragons so easily.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

I don't get it.
You never use normal shots 1 without burst mode. Each HBG has specialities in terms of what bullets they use. You need a specific HBG if you want to use Normal, another if you want to use Pierce, another if you want to use Spread. I forgot what's the normal but you can check the ammo data with L3 on the screen. For spread I believe atm the best is Nergigante and pierce is Legiana. It changes once Kulve Tarroth and Lunastra are added though. But for example with the right setup with spread, you still do like 14-20, but per pellet and since you fire 6 at a time, it adds up a lot, plus you fire quickly and it's still ranged, although it's a short range focus, and you can move in any direction while doing it, while also having the ability to block(if you stop firing and have shield on your HBG). Pierce is the same, you shoot once every half second or whatever, but each shot can do 8hits if you line up properly, and this has much longer range too, it's great for giant slow bosses like Xeno, Vaal Hazak, Bazel. Normal 3 does solid damage too.

Also you need the skill for your weapon type. That means either a rare decoration, or a piece of gear that has it.

On top of that, some HBG focus on other stuff, there's some focusing on status(not great with HBG, better on LBG), or some focusing on cluster bombs(with the downsides of having to constantly recraft new bombs since you can only carry a small amount).

Kill him quickly, mostly. Or wait for him to land. He'll sometimes go in the crystal area so you can get pillars to fall down and knock him down too.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
As of 5.0 on PS4 -

Arch Tempered Prefix can be flashed twice. Tempered 4 times. Regular mobs a shit ton.

SnS is all about directing the initial hit, I'm gonna do a video this week on it.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I can't wait either.

Hope the game is still popular after star citizen launch.

• 1Worf