Moonbreaker -- collectible minis tactics game

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
The voice acting will probably drive me nuts, but it looks really neat for lovers of the genres presented.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Looks like a neat concept ruined by faggotry. Welcome to the party.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
As a person who is not only a faggot but also loves both tactics games and painting minis this is absolutely aligned with my interests.

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Given the sign up for a free "paintjob" I'm a little scared of how paywall gated figures are going to be. Like if it's LOL and all skins and maybe access to new models as long as they arn't just churning them out it might be ok. But these days I feel like gaming is dying to greed.

• 1Solidarity

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Watched the trailer and was annoyed the whole time by the voices, good god. Other than that, looks interesting.

Getting absolutely roasted in the comments, and I assume the dislikes as it has 36k views and 500 likes. Ouch, that would suck to be that proud of something then a bunch of Reddit trolls neckbeards rip it to pieces.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Given the sign up for a free "paintjob" I'm a little scared of how paywall gated figures are going to be. Like if it's LOL and all skins and maybe access to new models as long as they arn't just churning them out it might be ok. But these days I feel like gaming is dying to greed.
I didn’t watch anything beyond the trailer posted above but if it’s not a pay up front game I’m probably not interested at all. I hate micro transaction crap, the only game I felt did it properly that didn’t piss me off was POE.

• 1Like

Sludig

Watched the trailer and was annoyed the whole time by the voices, good god. Other than that, looks interesting.

Getting absolutely roasted in the comments, and I assume the dislikes as it has 36k views and 500 likes. Ouch, that would suck to be that proud of something then a bunch of Reddit trolls neckbeards rip it to pieces.
From a single trailer, I can ignore the voices if they arn't constant in the actual game. They certainly tried copying like overwatch energy. Funny when they dont realize the audience for the genre would love a more focused serious settings, they have the graphics to make some really gorgeous "figures" from all kinds of IP. I like strategy games like this, and paired with more tabletop mechanics of using point based army builds, vs more xcom just fill the squad of 5 and go.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Looks like the 'paintjobs' are literally pre-painted configurations that you can apply versus just creating your own with different colors / washes / etc. I suspect they will gate some colors / special textures with an in-game currency but their general theme APPEARS to be non-evil in nature as they have yet to be acquired by some mega publisher pushing for a mobile-transaction based scheme. (No more calling it micro-transactions... that term was coined with the example of paying a penny for a WebComic or a truly trivial quantity of currency. $9.99 is not 'micro' -- that is just a transaction)

Caliane

I really cant even comprehend the idea of digital mini painting. No interest in playing with mini's in a digital space as well. hey, remember Battlechess in 1988.. remember what made it cool and fun? it fucking animated the chess pieces.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I really cant even comprehend the idea of digital mini painting. No interest in playing with mini's in a digital space as well. hey, remember Battlechess in 1988.. remember what made it cool and fun? it fucking animated the chess pieces.
Playing with minis in a digital space is fine. It’s just a visual for a unit in a strategy game. You can see the minis are all fully animated, their feet are just stuck to a base is all. There’s plenty of good games that have done it. I’d prefer to not have the base since it’s not necessary in digital, but I don’t dismiss it for that.

Caliane

look closer. the minis are static. the spin, twirl, shake, etc to mimic movement. and have energy effects from guns, etc, but don't actually move.

I suppose the caveat is speed, etc. mtg:arena. Having to watch an animation play out, slows things down. it somehow feels less annoying with cards I guess. since the cards are already less visual.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
look closer. the minis are static. the spin, twirl, shake, etc to mimic movement. and have energy effects from guns, etc, but don't actually move.

I suppose the caveat is speed, etc. mtg:arena. Having to watch an animation play out, slows things down. it somehow feels less annoying with cards I guess. since the cards are already less visual.
Yeah you’re right, my bad. I thought their swords were moving but it just had graphics over it. My points the same though, I don’t mind what my unit looks like. Look at battle brothers lol

Sludig

I wouldn't want it in every game, but better than just the same basic animation over and over in other turn based. I wouldn't want it standard, but as a one off game it's kinda novel.

Like if they had this for 40k, wouldn't mind at all as other than absurd model cost, I always was held back from having limited players near me.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Looks like the 'paintjobs' are literally pre-painted configurations that you can apply versus just creating your own with different colors / washes / etc. I suspect they will gate some colors / special textures with an in-game currency but their general theme APPEARS to be non-evil in nature as they have yet to be acquired by some mega publisher pushing for a mobile-transaction based scheme. (No more calling it micro-transactions... that term was coined with the example of paying a penny for a WebComic or a truly trivial quantity of currency. $9.99 is not 'micro' -- that is just a transaction)

The trailer appears to show a standard "spray-paint" tool being used on different parts of the models, as well as some entirely unpainted ones. So it *looks* like you can fully paint it yourself if you want to. If I play it, it will be all about pre-painted configurations though, I have zero artistry ;p

Sludig

Just got an email for one of 2 beta weekends, shame I doubt I'll have much time

Edit looks like it's an open beta for steam so anyone can.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
If I had the money or the resources, the game I would want to make the most would be a collectible tactics figure game, but this looks bad.

A collectible tactics figure game is one of the few uses of NFTs that I think would make sense.