<Prior Amod>
Animated GIF

• 8Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
They had me until "pre-order to get Shang Tsung" appeared on screen. The monetization of characters in fighting games is disgusting and I will not participate.

• 14Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 14 users

spronk

FPS noob
one of the first games coming out (besides fortnite) with unreal engine 5 so should be interesting to see how it is at release

i'd assume its all cutscene visuals in the trailer though

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
has some interesting info, particularly assists from a specific roster of assist characters:

Q: What are Kameo Fighters and how do they work in Mortal Kombat 1?
A: Kameo Fighters are a unique roster of partner characters to assist during matches, creating expanded gameplay possibilities for players. These characters are chosen separately from the main roster of fighters.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Are they going to put a bunch of immersion ruining warner bros movie chars in this one too

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Ok. I can't be the only one that thinks that was too much gore yet oddly satisfying.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why is it MK 1 all of the sudden? Its not an original MK remake or anything, was Mortal Kombat 12 or 13 just a bridge too far and they hit reset lol?

Looks amazing.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Why is it MK 1 all of the sudden? It’s not an original MK remake or anything, was Mortal Kombat 12 or 13 just a bridge too far and they hit reset lol?
Same reason apple went from iPhone 8 to X, Windows went from 8 to 10.

Marketing douchebags.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
The name is pure marketing but its still a direct sequel to MK11.
The "reset" is the consequence of the ending on MK11.
Maybe even endings, because there were two and this Shang tsung could be from a reality where he won and he is invading Liu Kangs new reality.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
So what is this new story about? God Lou Kang creates a pocket dimension/universe where the events of this game take place?

Jozu

Uhg.

They could of just used 12. To go back to 1... whatever.

9 was phenomenal, I never played 10 and 11 was better than them all. I guess it doesnt matter. What are they gonna do for the following installment? Is it gonna be MK 2?

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
My favorite is sequence of sequels is Battlefield. It went 3, 4, Hardline, One, Five, and then 2042. Bunch of fucking marketing retards.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Why is it MK 1 all of the sudden? Its not an original MK remake or anything, was Mortal Kombat 12 or 13 just a bridge too far and they hit reset lol?

Looks amazing.

Maybe it is a play on words, like Mortal Combat 1, 2nd go around. So, like 12, but with a comma.

Penance

If they're going to reboot the series at least make it like MK NG or something. Why are marketing teams always the dumbest mother fuckers

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user