Most memorable comic book moments

Blackest Night ended.

Meh. Didn"t do a thing for me. It seemed several times cool stuff could have happened. Instead everything we figured would happen, happened:

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Lyrical said:
So much for the guy that posted that Superman didn"t die, he just fell into a Super-Coma.

Does anyone see the ramifications of the next few pages? If they hold true, then either they are killing off their most popular charachters (Batman from before, Superman, Wonder Woman), or there"s a way to reverse the zombification of the Black rings. Might the writers just use the whole Black Lantern series as a way to retcon every death in the DC Universe, once they figure out how to reverse the ring"s process?

If you really think about it, all the original members of the JLA (if you add Aquaman and Martian Manhunter) are now Black Lanterns.

We"ll see if I am right or not, but it seems as if the writers are putting themselves in a corner with this one. They are either killing off the most popular heroes in DC, or paving a way to bring EVERYONE back in one massive retcon. This would be the retcon to end all retcons, it would be a mega retcon.
Looks like I called it a few months ago. So those of you who said I was nuts can now eat it.

Lyrical said:
Looks like I called it a few months ago. So those of you who said I was nuts can now eat it.
Yeah, pretty dissapointing and predictable.

Though bringing them back to life isn"t a retcon per say. A retcon would be going back and saying they never died or the circumstances were different.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I felt much this same way when I first read Mighty Avengers and Red Hulk.

qpgt8o.jpg

There"s like 100+ of these over here. Some good, some bad. As with anything on the netiverse.

Superhero De-motivational Posters | Gunaxin Humor

qpgt8o.jpg

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So theDrunk Historyseries is great.

Some enterprising folks decided to bring it to the world of comics and do a Drunk History: The Robins. Not as well done as Derek Waters" ones and without the celebrities, but still good watching=) Well, the 1 minute or so I watched before bringing it here anyways.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/quM_641RG64&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_ US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/quM_641RG64&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_ US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

darkblue_foh

shitlord
So, haven"t really read any comics since 2003-4 , and was planning on catching up on some story lines. So I picked up the TP"s of "Avengers Disassembled", "House of M", "Civil War" and "Secret Invasion"... Was wondering if you guys had some more recommendations on must reads of the past 7 years as well as other important Marvel Universe stories.

darkblue said:
So, haven"t really read any comics since 2003-4 , and was planning on catching up on some story lines. So I picked up the TP"s of "Avengers Disassembled", "House of M", "Civil War" and "Secret Invasion"... Was wondering if you guys had some more recommendations on must reads of the past 7 years as well as other important Marvel Universe stories.
Secret War fits in there nicely and has some important pieces to the story. The story arcs you mention are all you need to lead up to Dark Reign and then SIEGE (fuck yeah!). Though honestly, I never read House of M or Dissasembled and followed just fine.

As a bit of a side note, the Nation X, Dark Reign and SEIGE (fuck yeah!) story lines have really shot my interest in Marvel titles through the roof. I"d about kill a baby to get SIEGE (fuck yeah!) 4, and its accosiated titles early.

On the other hand, New World of Kryption (is that is what it"s called?) and Darkest Night has totally killed my interest in non-Bat Family DC comics. Green Arrow killing Prometheous kinda got my hopes up, but that has already been resolved and flushed away next issue. Brightest Day 0 just failed to create any interest in me.

Caliane

Ongoing right now stuff that is sweet.

The Flash (Brightest day startup with Francis Manapul drawing.)
Powergirl
Madame Xanadu
Booster gold
Secret six
The question
green lantern corps.
Batgirl
Birds of prey

Guardians of the Galaxy
Avengers:the Initiative.
The incredable Hercules
Power pack. (Thor and the warriors four)
Iron man
Mighty Avengers

Y:the last man
Locke and key
House of Mystery
The Umbrella Academy (Must read)
Fables

darkblue_foh

shitlord
Zhaun"s_Shade said:
Secret War fits in there nicely and has some important pieces to the story. The story arcs you mention are all you need to lead up to Dark Reign and then SIEGE (fuck yeah!). Though honestly, I never read House of M or Dissasembled and followed just fine.

As a bit of a side note, the Nation X, Dark Reign and SEIGE (fuck yeah!) story lines have really shot my interest in Marvel titles through the roof. I"d about kill a baby to get SIEGE (fuck yeah!) 4, and its accosiated titles early.

On the other hand, New World of Kryption (is that is what it"s called?) and Darkest Night has totally killed my interest in non-Bat Family DC comics. Green Arrow killing Prometheous kinda got my hopes up, but that has already been resolved and flushed away next issue. Brightest Day 0 just failed to create any interest in me.
Yeah, was planning on picking up Dark Reign and Siege but since there are no TP of it yet and picking up single issues here in Sweden can be a bit hard so I guess I will have to wait (got plenty to read now anyhow).

As for Secret War... isn"t that an old story line (80s-90s?) or am I remembering it wrong?

This list is a bit wierd.

The Question - Eh? Has this even had a first issue? Is this even coming out as a continuing series?

The Flash - This has had 1 issue. Unless you have a Barry Allen-hard-on, I dunno about reccomending this yet.

Green Lantern/GL Corps - This is basicly being reset after Blackest Night, I don"t think we have any idea if this is still going to be "sweet" or not.

Birds of Prey - I like Gail Simone, but again, I don"t think the first issue even came out yet. I don"t see how you can recommend something unreleased.

Avengers: The Inititive - Doesn"t think only have 1 issue left?

The Incedible Hercules - Huh? Is this even a comic anymore? I thought this ended with him dying.

Y the Last Man - Hasn"t this been over for... a year or two?

Most of the rest of the stuff I agree with or don"t know, but the post makes it seem like you are in some wierd time-warped-alternate-world and are reading comics that haven"t come out or have been canceled...

Caliane said:
Ongoing right now stuff that is sweet.

The Flash (Brightest day startup with Francis Manapul drawing.)
Powergirl
Madame Xanadu
Booster gold
Secret six
The question
green lantern corps.
Batgirl
Birds of prey

Guardians of the Galaxy
Avengers:the Initiative.
The incredable Hercules
Power pack. (Thor and the warriors four)
Iron man

Y:the last man
Locke and key
House of Mystery
The Umbrella Academy (Must read)
Fables

darkblue said:
Yeah, was planning on picking up Dark Reign and Siege but since there are no TP of it yet and picking up single issues here in Sweden can be a bit hard so I guess I will have to wait (got plenty to read now anyhow).

As for Secret War... isn"t that an old story line (80s-90s?) or am I remembering it wrong?
Secret Warswas the 80s-90s ones (notice the "S" ), they decided to non-creatively give a short like 6 issue series pre-Civil War a near-identical title. Shitty Title aside, it is very important and lays down some groundwork for Invasion.

Caliane

Zhaun"s_Shade said:
This list is a bit wierd.

The Question - Eh? Has this even had a first issue? Is this even coming out as a continuing series?

The Flash - This has had 1 issue. Unless you have a Barry Allen-hard-on, I dunno about reccomending this yet.

Green Lantern/GL Corps - This is basicly being reset after Blackest Night, I don"t think we have any idea if this is still going to be "sweet" or not.

Birds of Prey - I like Gail Simone, but again, I don"t think the first issue even came out yet. I don"t see how you can recommend something unreleased.

Avengers: The Inititive - Doesn"t think only have 1 issue left?

The Incedible Hercules - Huh? Is this even a comic anymore? I thought this ended with him dying.

Y the Last Man - Hasn"t this been over for... a year or two?

Most of the rest of the stuff I agree with or don"t know, but the post makes it seem like you are in some wierd time-warped-alternate-world and are reading comics that haven"t come out or have been canceled...
With the end of the siege and blackest night, alot of stuff is ending right now.
So yeah, that part of the working is weird.

Can"t say how the new Avenger:academy, secret avengers etc are yet.
Even powergirl is getting a new writer/art team with 14, so who knows if it will keep being as good as it is now.

The art on The Flash sold me. Major professional jealously there.
http://www.dccomics.com/media/excerpts/14481_x.pdf

darkblue_foh

shitlord
Zhaun"s_Shade said:
Secret Warswas the 80s-90s ones (notice the "S" ), they decided to non-creatively give a short like 6 issue series pre-Civil War a near-identical title. Shitty Title aside, it is very important and lays down some groundwork for Invasion.
Ah, got it... must have missed it with my quick marvel wikipedia look through.

Do I need to read any of the Decimation stories, with all the supposed stuff that changes in House of M? Oh, and is it necessary to read Utopia before Nation X?

Thanks for all the recommendations.

darkblue said:
Ah, got it... must have missed it with my quick marvel wikipedia look through.

Do I need to read any of the Decimation stories, with all the supposed stuff that changes in House of M? Oh, and is it necessary to read Utopia before Nation X?

Thanks for all the recommendations.
Honestly, I have only become interested in the X-Books with Utopia, Nation X and Dark Reign. Utopia is a direct lead-up to Nation X, as is the X-Men Dark Reign stuff (though that could be part of Utopia, I don"t recall).

I don"t know about Decimation, all you need to know is mutants have been depopulated after House of M.