Most memorable comic book moments

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The interaction between Green Lantern and Batman was alright but All Star Batman and Robin was oddly similar. I was having flashbacks the whole time. I find it odd that JLA #1 is starting with these characters actuallymeetingfor the first time. Now I"m not sure on exactly when anything is taking place relative to any other comic.

meStevo_foh

shitlord
I thought the "5 years earlier" was kinda cheap for some reason. Guessing we"ll get the same treatment as the other titles launch into their origin stories though.

Caliane

JLA and only JLA is "5 years earlier"

Well, except for Demon knights, which is king arthur times.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
The New 52 feels fresh, but it sucks that DC took a dump on 70 years of comic book continuity. It would be like if Marvel made the Ultimates continuity its mainstream universe, and ditched the main universe entirely.

darkblue_foh

shitlord
Lyrical said:
The New 52 feels fresh, but it sucks that DC took a dump on 70 years of comic book continuity. It would be like if Marvel made the Ultimates continuity its mainstream universe, and ditched the main universe entirely.
As a new DC reader, I"m loving this relaunch, out of the 18 issues I have read so far, I think I"ve only found 2 of em pretty meh and the rest have been good to great.

Caliane

Thats good to hear.
I"ve been less then impressed. I find the artwork in most I have looked at to be very very disappointing.

Demonknights awesome.
I still expect Justice League Dark to be good.

Talen241_foh

shitlord
Anyone else find that Green Lantern was a complete douche in the new JL #1? He was written so poorily it took away from the rest of the story.

meStevo_foh

shitlord
He was kind of full of himself I thought, yeah. Thought that was the point too though, he was basically showing off in front of a guy in a bat costume who had no powers.

Lourdin_foh

shitlord
Anyone reading Thor? Is it worth me picking up? I got hooked back in the day when Walt Simonson was drawing it. Thought the story he told was amazing as well...

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Looking to get into comics with limited experience. I"ve read Batman: Year One, and the Dark Knight returns. I"d prefer something with an adult theme and outside of the typical Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman or X-Men brands. Also, I"m not interested in any unfinished story lines. I"d rather go through the entire story in one sitting.

Any suggestions?

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Invincible. Although I warn you, it IS a family comic.

Not really.

It"s a superhero comic, but done better. It starts off with something like "what if Superman was secretly sent to prepare earth for conquest by aliens".

meStevo_foh

shitlord
Fear Itself sure did sputter to an end, huge issue, a few pages of action, then a bunch of prologues to get you to buy other books. Blah.

The stuff with Thor, Cap, and his hammer were kinda wtf. Thought we"d get a lot more mileage out of the weapons Stark had made w/ Odin and co. too.