Motorcycle Thread

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
pretty sure this will be my next purchase, my pennies are already going in the piggy bank.

Energica - The italian electric motorcycle

rrr_img_74813.jpg
Everyone has their preferences, but for me, that bike looks terribly uncomfortable. Your weight would be so far forward, drive it for an hour, and your wrists and forearms would be killing. Also terrible for a passenger. I'm sure it would be a fun bike to ride for short distances, but I'll take a cruiser over that, any day.

However, I'll be interested to know what your riding experience is on that. I may be totally wrong, and it certainly is a lovely bike.

Also, is Izo on his period, or something?

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
pretty sure this will be my next purchase, my pennies are already going in the piggy bank.

Energica - The italian electric motorcycle
Out of curiosity, why? The range on that thing is fucking atrocious. Neat concept, but it's practically useless. It's also heavy as shit for a sport bike.

lurkingdirk_sl said:
Everyone has their preferences, but for me, that bike looks terribly uncomfortable. Your weight would be so far forward, drive it for an hour, and your wrists and forearms would be killing. Also terrible for a passenger. I'm sure it would be a fun bike to ride for short distances, but I'll take a cruiser over that, any day.
You can't drive it for more than an hour anyways, not if you're going 100km/h.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
You can't drive it for more than an hour anyways, not if you're going 100km/h.
Stop then, and get gas. Then ride it some more.

Why are you so hostile in the motorcycle threads? I don't mean to be rude, but you come off as a cunt.

However, that may be your intent, so to each, his or her own.

$0.02

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Gas does a lot of good with an electric bike. It takes 3.5 hours to charge on a normal house circuit.

And seriously, I don't see how my previous post was cunty or hostile at all. I asked a genuine question. That motorcycle is incredibly limited to the point of being useless. Yeah it's a neat concept, but I just don't see why anyone would buy one when you could buy a top end Ducati for the same price. Electric scooters? Okay. Electric cruiser/tourer? Less sense, but okay. Electric sport bike that weighs 550lbs+ and can only go 100km at 100km/h? Why? How is that a good concept or appealing in the slightest?

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Actually, it's pretty quantifiable. You've made hostile posts of late in the motorcycle threads. Be happy. Or shut up. Or keep being hostile. Honestly, I don't give a shit, I just thought it worth while to point it out. No go, and do what you will with this information. Continuing to deny it is one option. Just being more pleasant is another.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Actually, it's pretty quantifiable. You've made hostile posts of late in the motorcycle threads. Be happy. Or shut up. Or keep being hostile. Honestly, I don't give a shit, I just thought it worth while to point it out. No go, and do what you will with this information. Continuing to deny it is one option. Just being more pleasant is another.
Let me get this straight: a joke post making fun of trikes (in a thread in screenshots), and another one asking a genuine question about why someone is interested in an electric sport bike makes me a quantifiable hostile asshole? Because near as I can tell, that's the extent of it.

You need to unclench those butt cheeks, holmes.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Two posts in related threads stated in a completely bitch tone within a couple days of each other (or so, I don't actually know)? And the one asking a genuine question is an edited post that was far more hostile.

But, whatever. That's the last I'll address you on the matter. Post shit, then complain when people say you posted shit. It's all good, and we're on an internet forum, so it really doesn't matter at all. Feel free to think I'm a douche canoe.

And my clenched butt cheeks are a thing of beauty.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Honestly a sports bike that is rated with this kind of autonomy:

150 kM @ 80 km/h ? 190 km @ 60 km/h ? 100 km @ 100 km/h ? 50 km ON RACE TRACK
... and a weight of 258kg deserve hostile comments.

It is a neat bike, maximum torque at any rpm is nice too and it's probably a lot of fun to ride, but those numbers are horrendous and if they don't make your skin crawl you need to pause a second to picture what they actually represent in practical terms.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
It actually fits my work commute, with the company compensation I will also receive(being green and all that) that puts it in a range of 'oh hell yeah'. Doesn't hurt that after the bonuses I will be able to charge up at work for free.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
That's pretty cool then, you're the perfect candidate for that vehicle and in your specific situation I realize it's a great option.

It's just such a niche market tho, yikes.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Seeing my workmates drive in with e-cars, mostly leafs i think, got me thinking. The zero never really got my juices flowing. This does.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
You realize motorcycles already get astoundingly good mileage, right?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
BTW, until lurkingdirk and eomer switch wives/get a hotel room together stay out of motorcycle threads.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Innovations usually result in more performance for less money, not less performance for more money.
Cad take your logic and get the BRRUUUUUUUUUUUUMBLE BLELBLBLBLMMMBLE BLBLBMBMMBLE Oh shit that bike must have 400 horse to the tailpipe!!!! Shiieeeettt....

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Innovations usually result in more performance for less money, not less performance for more money.
Depends on what you want to talk about. This particular innovation has triggered my interest, so I will give them money. See how that works?

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Depends on what you want to talk about. This particular innovation has triggered my interest, so I will give them money. See how that works?
Whatever floats your boat dude. But asking why you like it is a perfectly valid question.