Mouse pads

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah the Goliathus is what I have too. I bought it on a whim and didn't read whta size it was. Laughed hysterically when I got it.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Didn't laser mice make mouse pads obsolete 15 years ago? Can't recall when I last used a mouse pad.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i need my mice to glide on my mousepad, basically one step away from air hockey. i always replace the factory feet with better teflon pucks (it's not tape, it's a teflon chunk). i used to love the icemat frosted glass, pretty sure these are not made anymore, i have 4 in various places in the house. currently i use a steel series sx aluminum mouse pad, this isn't made anymore either, my current fav.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Didn't laser mice make mouse pads obsolete 15 years ago? Can't recall when I last used a mouse pad.
It's more about the physical movement of the mouse, than it the ball/laser picking up the movement. I much prefer having a mouse pad.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
It's not about the tracking of the laser it's about the feel of the glide. I had been using a trackball for 15+ years but it started making my hand and fingers go numb so I switched to a regular mouse. It was a bit of a transition at first and the mouse pad I had (don't recall which one) was fine except for the size. I kept going off the edges and it was really annoying. So I looked for one of the largest mouse pads I could find and the Goliathus was the first one I saw that fit the bill.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Yeah the Goliathus is what I have too. I bought it on a whim and didn't read whta size it was. Laughed hysterically when I got it.
The name "Goliathus" didn't tip you off?
smile.png

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
lol @ the Max Payne one. I had that for quite a while as well.

I'm also using the Steelseries QcK at home.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
No mouse pad, all the open desk space I could ever need. I don't see the point of a mousepad now that all mice are laser mice(unless your desk is glass/reflective)

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
It's more about the physical movement of the mouse, than it the ball/laser picking up the movement. I much prefer having a mouse pad.
This. It's just smoother/faster feeling on a mousepad.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Steelseries here as well, and I love it. I'm sure I'd love the Goliathus and anything similar, but after using that I hate my cheap ass mouse pad at work.

Side note, the one at work is one of those ones with the ergonomic bump that you rest your wrist on. I have to turn it sideways now though, because a few years ago I started getting wrist pain. Thinking it might be the beginnings of carpal tunnel I had it looked at, but it didn't seem to be that. Doctor asks me if I use one of those wrist rests and I tell him about my mouse pad. He tells me to get rid of it, so I turned my pad sideways and it went away in a couple weeks and has never returned.

I'm not a doctor, and I'm sure they help some people, but if you have wrist problems and use one, might want to try it without for awhile.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I feel like on a desk I may move my mouse too fast/far in some directions and the surface of the mousepad helps me control that a lot better.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The stupidest part of the giant Steelseries pad I have is the logo is in the bottom left. Exactly where the mouse is always. So you have to rotate it so the logo is in the top right but now it is upside down. Not exactly a huge deal but seems like a design oversight.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
So I bought this on a whim.
Turns out it's awesome and makes the Goliathus look like crap.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I think this mouse pad is made of the same material yoga pants are made out of. Kegkilla might try to rape my desk.