Mr. Robot

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I tried watching this and made it to about episode 7 or so in season 1 before i gave up on it.

It's a well written show, it's just that I find every character unlikable, and kinda depressing.

Caliane

yeah. alot of good camerawork, and so much drama. but, "is this going anywhere?" is a very real question.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
I think she's just into old dudes

lol

while we won't really know if this season worked or not until its over, and maybe the burn has been a little bit too slow, I really like the idea that the "heroes" (fsociety) are starting to realize that maybe they really, really fucked up and there are things worse than what they viewed as an unjust world.

Also almost certainly RIP DJ Mobley :( Hope Trenton can make it out. Wasn't a huge fan of Darlene before this but feels like she has suddenly had her eyes opened up this episode.

They are playing around with time, this episode happened BEFORE last weeks - a conference call at eCorp mentioned how Susan was on vacation last week. We also got more or less confirmation that the entire world thinks Tyrell Wellick did the 5/9 hack and everyone wants him.

Seems like only one easter egg this episode
root@mobley_android

Last edited:

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
They are playing around with time, this episode happened BEFORE last weeks - a conference call at eCorp mentioned how Susan was on vacation last week. We also got more or less confirmation that the entire world thinks Tyrell Wellick did the 5/9 hack and everyone wants him.

Oh shit I totally did not catch onto that. The line at the beginning of the episode "What's with the faces" when they figure out the conference call really seemed familiar so much that I got up to double check that I did not download an older episode by accident.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Darlene has the sexiest lips and I dig the punk rock style she wears. Would bang.

• 1Like

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Well... what was Susan returning from when she stumbled into her house and made that fateful discovery?

When they first hacked her house and she left, didn't she also say she was going on vacation or at least working remotely from her place out of town? Might be reading too much in to that.

spronk

FPS noob
Well... what was Susan returning from when she stumbled into her house and made that fateful discovery?

in first episode of the season fsociety hacked susans house to drive her out, she mentioned she was going to go work and stay at her hamptons place until the house got fixed. Darlene needled her about it again this episode, asking if the Hamptons place is just as nice. they also mentioned they forgot to track susan's GPS and didn't notice her coming back, presumably from the hamptons

• 1Like

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Posting from page one to avoid spoilers.

The wife and I just finished S01E09 tonight, after starting last weekend. I'm really enjoying it so far and could probably watch straight through up to the current ep if I had time. I feel like the acting could be just a little better at times or some little tweak, but have definitely noticed the feel/cohesion seem to improve over S01 so far. Definitely think the show deserves the accolades it's receiving.

The show kind of reminds me of Wilfred+Donnie Darko or something.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
So the Dark Army is actually taking orders from Elliot and he doesn't remember that?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
From the position of White Tiger (AKA Chinese Minister of Defense) I figured that he discovered their plan somehow through his "Dark Army" clandestine hackers/operator network and sought of facilitate it for China's benefit... or something.

Seems unlikely that Elliot is the one behind what the Dark Army is doing after half a season of distraught and confusion over killing one person when the Dark Army has zero problems with kamikaze assassins and cutting loose ends.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
what the hell is going on

I have no idea. I've given up even trying to guess where this shit is going. I'm so fucking confused. But the show is so awesome. I really, really hope that they don't fuck it up when it's all said and done.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
i read some shit on reddit where they think elliot made a backup of himself as mr robot and wiped the original eliot.

made sense to me

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
thats not how backups work!

JUCH0mJ.gif

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
The brownouts were somehow symbolically tied to the Elliot/Mr Robot shutters. Beyond that, I have no idea what it means. Show is quickly approaching Lynchian levels of "wtf", which is awesome.