MS Office 2013 Pro for $10

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Ha! I saw that earlier today, fucker is sooooo fired.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
If it's volume license, whatever company that is will likely get the product key cancelled.

Silence_sl

shitlord
If it's volume license, whatever company that is will likely get the product key cancelled.
Yeah, and $10 gone poof for the suckers who bought it.
smile.png

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
Same thing happened for office 2010. They don't invalidate the keys already purchased they just invalidate that companies code for new users.

Soriak_sl

shitlord
For those of you with a .edu address, give that one a shot. My alma mater apparently signs up for this shit, without ever telling anyone about it. I remember buying Office 2011 for $10 some time ago, and now Office 2013 is available as well.

They send out shitty emails every time there's a sports game (fodder for the spam filter), but somehow fail to inform people about this.

edit: damn... since I bought the Mac version of Office, I can't also buy the Windows version. That's ridiculous.
frown.png

edit: also if you have a .edu email address, try:https://www.dreamspark.com
Doesn't have office for me, but I did get a free copy of Windows 8 (and a backup code for Windows 7). Not that I plan on using it, but hey...

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
For those of you with a .edu address, give that one a shot. My alma mater apparently signs up for this shit, without ever telling anyone about it. I remember buying Office 2011 for $10 some time ago, and now Office 2013 is available as well.

They send out shitty emails every time there's a sports game (fodder for the spam filter), but somehow fail to inform people about this.

edit: damn... since I bought the Mac version of Office, I can't also buy the Windows version. That's ridiculous.
frown.png

Doesn't have office for me, but I did get a free copy of Windows 8 (and a backup code for Windows 7). Not that I plan on using it, but hey...
wow just checked my school's site and they have just about every windows OS imaginable, visual studio 12, a bunch of office products and a bunch of other shit for free.

thanks for making me aware of that.

nu_11

wow just checked my school's site and they have just about every windows OS imaginable, visual studio 12, a bunch of office products and a bunch of other shit for free.

thanks for making me aware of that.
mine too, but i've since graduated and it's all restricted for me.... FUUUU

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

frown.png

My schools engineering program hooked us up like crazy through Dreamspark.. literally anything imaginable for free

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
FYI, if you work for a company that has 75+ or so computers running Windows, then in all likelihood your firm has a licensing agreement with Microsoft. One of the perks that come with this agreement is the "Home Use Program", which entitles every employee to a copy of Office 2013, Office 2011 for Mac, and MS Project 2013 for $9.95. All your IT admin has to do is log into the MS licensing website, activate the program, and then give you the code. You then just go to hup.microsoft.com, input your work email and code, confirm the email, and you can order/download your copy.

Most firms don't realize they have this perk, and your IT guy doesn't give a shit because he has every MS product anyways, and doesn't want to deal with idiots calling from home having problems downloading their copy. However he'll be hard pressed to refute it if you ask him/her..

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
If memory serves, last time my company bought Office each user license actually entitled us to three copies: one for the office, one for a laptop, and one for home use. And that was just 10 users.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Don't quote me on this, but I believe with either 2007 or 2010 MS moved to per device licenses, which ended the multiple install rights. I definitely know for sure that under our Enterprise Agreement, a laptop needs its own separate license, even if the user has a desktop. MS licensing is a confusing shitstorm, so I may be wrong though.

If memory serves, last time my company bought Office each user license actually entitled us to three copies: one for the office, one for a laptop, and one for home use. And that was just 10 users.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
You sure? I just looked as that could cut my license count for the coming year, and this is what I found on our licensing website as terms for Office 2010 use. It seems to imply you could do that with the retail package but not with a corporate license. Would be a +1 for you if I'm wrong as I'll save on a good 30 or so licenses at true-up time..

1.You must assign each license to a single device.
2.You may install the software on the Licensed Device and a network Server.
3.Unless you license the software as an Enterprise Product or on a company-wide basis, you may also install the software on a single portable device.
4.You may use any number of copies of the software.
5.Each license permits only one user to access and use the software at a time.
6.Local use of the software running on the Licensed Device is permitted for any user.
7.Local use of the software running on a portable device is permitted for the primary user of the Licensed Device.
8.Remote use of the software running on the Licensed Device is permitted for the primary user of that device from any device or for any other user from another Licensed Device.
9.Remote use of the software running on a network Server is permitted for any user from a Licensed Device.

My Office 2010's are good for one desktop install and one mobile install per license.

Silence_sl

shitlord
Mine are full retail boxes given to me by MS.

I think they removed the mobile proviso in the same version of Office 2013. Can't be sure though, but something to watch out for.

Soriak_sl

shitlord
Hah! My Alma Mater (with HUP access) has its email administered by Google.

[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */-> 1 license
[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */-> unlimited licenses

I'm amazed they didn't disable the "+" for Gmail when signing up for an account.