MTG thread

Xalara

Golden Squire
The real fun one was a sealed event at PAX Prime in 2013. WotC didn't have enough foil sets of M14 for the event prizes so they sent along a few foil sets of Modern Masters. This being PAX it was regular/casual REL. I participated in a sealed event and played against a guy with two Soul of Theros and four Triplicate Spirits. Unfortunately I couldn't prove anything but I had my suspicions. There is a reason they switched to prize tockets after that.

I am happy with the new sealedchanges, having to give up the pool you opened lead to a lot of issues.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone doing MTGO - if you're buying Gideon, Ally of Zendikar's - be aware his price is going to get gutted, all events that should give out the Gideon avatar right now are giving out the regular card instead.

Some stupid bots haven't adapted and are getting hosed as well. Hilarious oversight by WOTC.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Anyone doing MTGO - if you're buying Gideon, Ally of Zendikar's - be aware his price is going to get gutted, all events that should give out the Gideon avatar right now are giving out the regular card instead.

Some stupid bots haven't adapted and are getting hosed as well. Hilarious oversight by WOTC.
That's actually awesome lol.

Vaclav

That's actually awesome lol.
Yea, chaining 3 events at a time right now, since I'm still finding enough bots to payback event cost from the card. Probably the rest will adapt soon though. (But I'd like to end with a set anyhow, so...)

Update: Fixed now - got avatars for the second batch.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Atlanta Open was fun, some colorful personalities aside. Still haven't burned up my credit for the weekend. I guess I'll hang onto it for a bit.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Is there some reason, beyond the obvious start of a new standard season, that Modern prices are crashing so hard? I mean they usually crash but not like this...

Vaclav

Is there some reason, beyond the obvious start of a new standard season, that Modern prices are crashing so hard? I mean they usually crash but not like this...
People liquidating extra cards to afford pimping out stuff with expeds?

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Paper or MTGO prices? I haven't seen any radical movement on paper cards.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, modo. The price crash was way harder and faster than it usually is just due to seasonal changes.

Vaclav

Gideon losses forcing people to fire sale lower demand stuff to replenish tix maybe?

Vaclav

Gideon is already back up to like 35, FYI.
Yea, I saw that - just theorizing some stores took a bath on it - I got like 200 in "free" tix out of the error myself out of two stores. And I can only imagine I'm not the only one that did similar.

It's an odd case w/o much precedent.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Well I went with my gut and bought 20ish Cavern of Souls and 20ish Inkmoth Nexus, got another spec target I'm looking at too.