MTG thread

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
some sick part of me wants to see them do an L5R unfinity or OverPower secret lair or whatever. Just a whole cloth reprint of one of these OTHER non-MTG games. It's stupid, there's a billion licensing issues, polluting the brand, yada yada yada; the idea still makes me giggle.
Amusingly, Wizards of the Coast owned L5R for several years and folks who worked on it are in senior positions now, so it might be more likely than you'd think

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Holy shit it's $999 for 4 packs?!?!

HAHA, no one is going to buy this.

When I first read the announcement I thought it was $999 for a complete set.

I would be shocked if it didn't sell out by the end of the first day, if not in a few hours. Not that I think people should buy it, but I do think it will sell.

• 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I would be shocked if it didn't sell out by the end of the first day, if not in a few hours. Not that I think people should buy it, but I do think it will sell.
If it was just a secret lair product, sure.

But random packs that are mostly filled with awful fucking cards?!?!

• 1Solidarity

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Is MTG still a speculator's playground? Will it sell well because people actually want to own it or because they think it will appreciate?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
AFAIK speculators mostly stick to sealed product now, because modern cards get reprinted so frequently.

Not sure though, been out of that game since shortly after getting a real job.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I like how some of you hate thier predatory nonsense, but will all buy the next set though lmao.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I love their predatory nonsense, it provides a great deal of humor since half the magic community are either degenerate communist twitter people or poor as fuck idiots with completely muddled priorities.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I like how some of you hate thier predatory nonsense, but will all buy the next set though lmao.

I suspect there are more people that used to play in this thread than actually play. Boomers that only collect/buy reserved list cards and play 93/94 or whatever don't count as playing.

Mist has the right idea with the Arena limited play. It's a way of leveraging skill and mastery in a game of Magic the Gathering without needing to give a single fuck about constructed.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
If the cards are supposed to be just collectibles and not play pieces…why remove the ante cards? :emoji_thinking:

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
I suspect there are more people that used to play in this thread than actually play. Boomers that only collect/buy reserved list cards and play 93/94 or whatever don't count as playing.

Mist has the right idea with the Arena limited play. It's a way of leveraging skill and mastery in a game of Magic the Gathering without needing to give a single fuck about constructed.
I personally like historic brawl.

don’t have to waste my wild cards to get play sets, just build the funnest deck you can in singleton format

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
They are gold borders that can't even be used in official tournaments or anything.

We said the same shit about CE cards 20 years ago, and now the P9 sell for 1-4k each. And CE cards look far worse than these. Mind boggling. But I am enjoying watching even WOTC sycophants who typically hate on proxies, now embracing them due to the naked money grab here.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Imagine paying 1k for a set of packs, open the first pack and this is your rare.

• 1Worf

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
17EAB147-49E5-4EC5-A4F9-48630C27D989.jpeg

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Welp, just going to leave this here. What the fuck, lol…

This is some Grade A stupid shit. I can print my own proxies, and get just as much use as I would with these way over priced cards. My Proxies would even look like the original cards.

Money Laundering is the only reason I see people buying this set.