MTG thread

Chris

Potato del Grande
It's like a social experiment to see at which price point autistic incels will stop buying hideous alternate art.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
BAFA14DC-D015-4C7E-BA57-1C7E035708E1.jpeg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I feel like this one's pretty appropriate for the FOH boards. This Karn is growing on me like an ugly dog.

Karn.png

Last edited:
  • 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I cannot get over how fucking awful that art is. It looks like something a drunk 30's couple painted at Pinot and Pallet.

• 1Worf

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
BIL was interested in trying JumpStart out, so I picked up some of that. Really wanted the Allosaurus Shepherd for my elf fetish, but otherwise don't much care for the product /shrug Second pack I open is Elves... with an Allosaurus Shepherd.

Done with the product in 2 packs, feels good.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They are fucking flying off the shelves at the casual shops in town even at $10 each.

Pretty sure the big tournament shop ain't making it through COVID, since all the casuals avoid the place.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Not getting into the college she wanted is probably a boon, shit was definitely out of state and she obviously didn't have any scholarships.

Better off buying pokemon packs!

• 1Worf

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Not getting into the college she wanted is probably a boon, shit was definitely out of state and she obviously didn't have any scholarships.

Better off buying pokemon packs!
If I had just bought moxen with my college tuition I'd probably own an actual island.

• 2Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Vinen

God is dead
Lets see where this stands in 5 years.

I have 6 boxes (24 packs) of VIP Masters @ 300 USD/pack.
and.
1 BGS 5 Black Lotus Unlimited @ 5K USD

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I am not particularly happy with the Oubliette reprint having functional rules changes. There's a reason they *undid* the Phasing change the last time they implemented it with Oubliette and Tawnos's Coffin. No longer getting your LTBs/ETBs when your creature gets oublietted/the oubliette gets destroyed is a significant power increase for Oubliette. It's also now one of the decent choices for Commander Removal in EDH because unlike it's original ability, Phasing isn't a zone change, so you don't get a chance to 'rescue' your Commander by moving it to the command zone.

I guess thank goodness Good Guy Reserved List is protecting my Tawnos's Coffins from ever being reprinted into this trash.

• 1Like

OneofOne

In news of yet ever more products from WOTC, Zendikar Rising will feature a new booster pack called a Set Booster, which looks like Collector's Lite - Set Boosters

And no, this won't have fetchlands. Popular opinion is they'll still be in the Collector's boosters, guess we'll see.

Also, Rudy called it with the signature shit. Not fully there yet, but step one has now been taken.

Rerun

Molten Core Raider
“Five percent of the time, rather than a normal art card, you'll get one with a gold-stamped signature of the artist.“

Who wants a gold-stamped signature? To have a 5% chance of a random art card (1.5 per 30 pack box) with a fake signature is not appealing at all to me. Even real signatures are low in demand (often seen as damaged cards), except for verified cards by a handful of popular/inaccessible artists.

“They're not playable Magic cards, just fun objects to have around...”

I’m sure some people must still have modern horizons art cards on shelves to display. I still have a soulherder art card with my tokens. If they’re just fun things to have around why do only 5% have fake signatures?

“...or collect.”

Oh! It’s because they want to get suckers addicted to a new thing. I hope they find out that gameplay does matter. I’m hoping we’re not to the point that non-playable, artificially scarce, art versions of actually playable cards hold any value among Magic players.

• 1Worf

OneofOne

Completely useless slot, and I'd love to ditch all my MH art cards. I do actually collect some CARDS for art, but does anyone actually want this shit?

• 1Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Oh! It’s because they want to get suckers addicted to a new thing. I hope they find out that gameplay does matter. I’m hoping we’re not to the point that non-playable, artificially scarce, art versions of actually playable cards hold any value among Magic players.
The more you're pulling in tricks from collectible sports cards, the more you're going to think of your product as a kind of collectible sports card.