MU Lgends

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Move it to MMO discussion...

Holy shit, this is a blast from the past, I think one of the first MMOs I ever played was Mu Online on a private shard and having a blast, therefore confirming that the first MMO experience will blow your mind no matter how terrible it is. If the original is any indicattion, this will be grindfest AND P2W.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I love how korean games always seem to have the most ancient shit ways to install and stuff. You download a bunch of .bin files then you have to actually install the game and delete the bin files manually, instead of having an installer that does that on its own in the default temp windows dir. At least they let you pick the install path, which as obvious as it is somehow isn't necessarily true for all of them. Hell the game installed a web shortcut in the game's dir and it has an IE icon.

Anyway after spending 5mins trying to figure out what my old account was and how to "update" it, which really means just making a new account with the same info since I had to pick a new username, I'm ready for whatever this is. Few hours to wait though.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
It comes across more Diablo 3 with MMO light components, so if someone wants to move it they are more then welcome to as i don't give that much of a flying fuck :)

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
It comes across more Diablo 3 with MMO light components, so if someone wants to move it they are more then welcome to as i don't give that much of a flying fuck :)
The old one was a really shitty D2 clone with persistent world and farming areas, so this seems par for the course.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I love how korean games always seem to have the most ancient shit ways to install and stuff. You download a bunch of .bin files then you have to actually install the game and delete the bin files manually, instead of having an installer that does that on its own in the default temp windows dir. At least they let you pick the install path, which as obvious as it is somehow isn't necessarily true for all of them. Hell the game installed a web shortcut in the game's dir and it has an IE icon.

Anyway after spending 5mins trying to figure out what my old account was and how to "update" it, which really means just making a new account with the same info since I had to pick a new username, I'm ready for whatever this is. Few hours to wait though.
I thought this was funny, then I started downloading it :( Sitting here waiting for the next level of 1995 installation.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Played to lvl 16 so far, did a rift and normal dungeon. Be interested to see what further into the game looks like but its fairly well polished and semi-responsive. Larva King was abit of a challenge in the duneon because i had no damn health potion heh. Looks like they took alot of ideas from D3 etc but definitely like the idea of more persistent world etc. Grouping/raiding sounds interesting.

Damage summaries at end of dungoens will results in many lol's i am sure. Cut scenes etc well down so far.

Doubt this carries over into OBT so not going to waste today playing it, seen enough that i'll definitely give it a good try when it comes out as i need some damn type of persistent game that isn't got the true MMO aspect.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I got to about that level as well. Took an hour. Did the first group dungeon. The ranger chick did 60% of the damage, the mage guy did 30%, me and the other barbarian did 5%. I feel like class balance might be off :)

Will the closed beta reset or is it really a soft launch?

turbo

Molten Core Raider
I saw from a facebook post by offical MU folks that they will reset these stress tests but starting in Nov 7th (Open Beta) they won't be resetting. Which sucks as i'm on vacation that week and not trading out beach time for slewing dragons :(

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
So open beta aka release is the 7th. I can handle another arpg...is this game going to bring anything new to the scene?

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This entered open beta yesterday. I played for a bit. Made it to 25. It's still a hack and slash. It's still pretty fun so far. Haven't paid a lick of attention to the story. At low levels the archery chick is still broken. I did 50% of the damage for the first dungeon with my five man group the first time (it then bugged out and didn't spawn the second to last boss until a couple people left and I wasn't going to solo the rest of the dungeon). The second time a couple people were much higher then me so I only did like 40% of the damage out of all 5 people. The barbarian class still seems god awful at dps.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Whisperer (archer) and War Mage are really good at low lvls so far, haven't decided which I like more. Surprised they didn't also release the Spellbinder, but I imagine that class is the carrot to keep people around or bring them back in a month or so. It reminds of Devilian, but I like the classes in Mu more.