Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Went to the MST3K 'Watch Out For Snakes' LIVE tour last night here in Boston. They only did Eegah here in Boston (other towns get a second 'secret' movie as a separate ticket) but they managed to create some quality riffs considering it had already been covered once before on the show. Felicia Day and Patton Oswalt are only part of the live show via pre-recorded segments they show on the main screen and they need a bit more practice with the timing to make sure those synch up properly. In place of them we have Cynthia, the 'evil clone' of Pearl Forester and she really does look like a much younger Mary Jo Pehl so it works quite well.

I was really expecting Joel would announce a season 2 on Netflix at the start of the show, but he did not. Given that Netflix typically announces renewals really quick after things first get added I am guessing that they are not interested in bankrolling a 'Season 12' so it may come down to another Kickstarter campaign or something similar to get the whole thing funded.

Cybsled

Felicia Day made a post on her twitter trying to get people to watch the show to help ensure a 2nd season, so I am guessing the ratings have been less than stellar.

It is sort of a difficult show to binge, since an episode is an entire movie and more or less stand alone, so you don't really binge to advance the plot or anything.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just got done with Wizards of the Lost Kingdom. Holy shit, the beginning of that movie is just clips stolen from Deathstalker 1 with the main dudes face obscured and a voice over.

Caliane

got around to this.

pretty solid. I can't stand Felicia day. but yeah, shes really toned down, stays in character, and is hardly in it.
90% of the jokes are solid. biggest issue, is a bit too many topical jokes. every episode has 2 or 3 game of thrones jokes. that is usually a bad idea, because you don't know how well it will age.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
In celebration of the 30th anniversary of MST3K, which premiered on Thanksgiving Day in 1988 on KTMA Minneapolis, the new season will premiere this Thanksgiving Thursday November 22nd. Its a "Turkey-Day Miracle".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Also on twitch they are now running Rifftrax videos 24x7, its at least 4 days of content (that loops) been enjoying it while doing other stuff. I gave my free amazon prime sub to them, at least that seems worth it

twitch.tv/rifftrax