Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return

Troll_sl

shitlord
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return

Genre: Comedy, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2017-04-14

Creator: Joel Hodgson

Overview: The cult hit returns! Captured by mad scientists, new host Jonah survives a blitz of cheesy B movies by riffing on them with his funny robot pals.

Troll_sl

shitlord
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]View attachment 130219[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Mystery Science Theater 3000[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]1988-11-24[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]Mystery Science Theater 3000, often abbreviated MST3K, is an American cult television comedy series created by Joel Hodgson and produced by Best Brains, Inc. The show premiered on KTMA in Minneapolis, Minnesota on November 24, 1988. It later aired on the The Comedy Channel/Comedy Central for another six seasons until its cancellation in 1997. The show was then picked up by the Sci-Fi Channel and aired for another three seasons until its final cancellation in August 1999.

The show mainly features a man and his robot sidekicks who are imprisoned on a space station by an evil scientist and forced to watch a selection of bad movies, as part of a psychological experiment, and frequently preceded by short public domain educational films. To stay sane, the man and his robots provide a running commentary on each film, making fun of its flaws and wisecracking their way through each reel in the style of a movie-theater peanut gallery. Each film is presented with a superimposition of the man and robots' silhouettes along the bottom of the screen. The film is interspersed with skits tied into the theme of the film being watched or the episode as a whole.

Hodgson originally played the stranded man, Joel Robinson, for four and a half seasons. When Hodgson left in 1993, series head writer Michael J. Nelson replaced him as new victim Mike Nelson and continued in the role for the rest of the show's run. The robots, Crow T. Robot, Tom Servo, and Gypsy, are puppets created from a variety of household objects, manipulated and voiced by other cast members that rotated over the course of the show's run.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

[SERIES][TVPOSTER]View attachment 126774[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Mystery Science Theater 3000[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]1988-11-24[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]Mystery Science Theater 3000, often abbreviated MST3K, is an American cult television comedy series created by Joel Hodgson and produced by Best Brains, Inc. The show premiered on KTMA in Minneapolis, Minnesota on November 24, 1988. It later aired on the The Comedy Channel/Comedy Central for another six seasons until its cancellation in 1997. The show was then picked up by the Sci-Fi Channel and aired for another three seasons until its final cancellation in August 1999.

The show mainly features a man and his robot sidekicks who are imprisoned on a space station by an evil scientist and forced to watch a selection of bad movies, as part of a psychological experiment, and frequently preceded by short public domain educational films. To stay sane, the man and his robots provide a running commentary on each film, making fun of its flaws and wisecracking their way through each reel in the style of a movie-theater peanut gallery. Each film is presented with a superimposition of the man and robots' silhouettes along the bottom of the screen. The film is interspersed with skits tied into the theme of the film being watched or the episode as a whole.

Hodgson originally played the stranded man, Joel Robinson, for four and a half seasons. When Hodgson left in 1993, series head writer Michael J. Nelson replaced him as new victim Mike Nelson and continued in the role for the rest of the show's run. The robots, Crow T. Robot, Tom Servo, and Gypsy, are puppets created from a variety of household objects, manipulated and voiced by other cast members that rotated over the course of the show's run.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Because I'm awesome, I'll share this with all of you.

http://deep13.us/synth

Enjoy.

Erumaron

ResetEra Staff Member
Netflix US on Twitter:

cuvAP7o.png

I'm told Dan Harmon is on as a writer w/ the old crew as well.. didn't find a source on that though.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I loved the original, but not really interested in this one at all. Dan Harmon is a good thing, but celebrity "nerds" Patton Oswalt and Felicia Day are meh.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
I'll definitely check it out, was always more of Nelson fan myself though. That may just be due to the show getting much more polished in the later seasons. I have every episode and watching an episode from like season 8 next to anything from season 3 or earlier is pretty jarring with the difference in quality.

Cybsled

The Rifftrax guys aren't behind this MST3K reboot, though. Joel and some of the other original MST3k folks tried to do the Cinematic Titanic thing for awhile, which never really found its footing compared to Rifftrax.

Cybsled

To clarify, Kevin Murphy (Tom Servo) and Bill Corbett (the last Crow voice actor) will be on the show in cameo roles, but they will be playing Bobo and the Brain guy from the last seasons of the show. The actress that played Dr. Foresters mom will also have a cameo role (Mary Jo Pehl). They mentioned they will help write as well on some episodes.

Tom Servo and Crow on the show will be voiced by new people

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Patton Oswald is a faggot lately and Felicity Day is annoying. Looks terrible but maybe Patton can pull something off

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Ehhhhh. Not crazy about those two as hosts but going to give it a shot.

Cybsled

If it is like the original series, then 90% will be human test subject+the bots, with the other 10% related to Dr. Forester and TV's Frank hatching schemes.

spronk

FPS noob
who is playing the actual host again? and are they bringing back crow, Tom Servo, and Gypsy?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Those 2 are hilarious, and I loved MST3K. Expectations are high! When can I find the new episodes?

OK, I'll admit, felicia isn't hilarious, but she's pretty enough to make up for having the 1 schtick.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Not enthused by this news. I can't stand Felicia Day anymore, since her stint on Supernatural of all things. Patton is cool, if he doesn't get to talk about politics, so hopefully that's enough. I'm also wondering if we'll get the robots back, since that is all anyone gives a shit about. The little skits outside the movies have always been terrible, so I guess I don't really care too much if Felicia Day stinks them up, as long as the commentary is the same as it always was.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
TV show information provided by The Movie Database