NBA 2014 - 2015 Season Thread

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I guess I have no idea what you've been trying to say.

I can't believe PG13 has a shot of returning this year at all. That injury was brutal. But if he does come back and gets back his old self come playoff time, I can definitely see them making some noise. They've beaten a lot of good teams lately.
Is their ceiling going to be higher than it was last year even if he does come back and plays well? I have a hard time seeing that.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Is their ceiling going to be higher than it was last year even if he does come back and plays well? I have a hard time seeing that.
I would say higher. I like the pieces they have with Stuckey, CJ Miles, Watson (when healthy) and even Lavoy Allen has shown he can play a little, along with the core from last year (minus Lance obviously). Plus much, much lower expectations, they can play with nothing to lose.

MAXPOWERS_sl

shitlord
The Pacers are better off without Lance. He's a horrible shooter and loves to pound the ball. Watching him dribble out most of the clock then passing the ball to a team mate for a contested last second shot was the norm last year. The East is winnable.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Fanboys the both of you. PG13 is the core of that team. And they are certainly much better with him added to this squad. But he alone isn't solely responsible for the 20 less wins they're going to have this year.

MAXPOWERS_sl

shitlord
Poppycock. The team had a lot of injuries at the start of the season. Just look at the difference in W/L with George Hill back starting.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
They've only lost two games since the start of February. That includes two wins against the Cavs, a win against the Warriors, and a win in NO. That's pretty good.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Wizards vs. Heat. Wizards up 83-48 in the 3rd quarter. Miami rolls out a lineup of Michael Beasley, Shabazz Napier, T. Johnson, H. Walker, and Udonis Haslem and goes on a 49-15 run only to lose 99-97. Just so bizarre to see a team come back from a 35 point deficit with a lineup like that.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I wonder how motivated he was to crush Reggie (who is trying to follow in his footsteps)

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
5 triple doubles in 6 games lol. WB and Magic are the only two players ever to go 30 pts, 11 Rebs, 17 assists, and 4 steals in a game. He is putting up insane numbers without KD. Averaging a triple double over the last 10.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Three defenders? No problem.

kNwVufh.gif

That's a video game move.

Pharazon

Silver Knight of the Realm
I count 4 defenders! That little handcheck swipe is about as much D as you'll see from Hawes.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I'm not a CP3 truther like some people but I gotta say he's played great since Blake went out. Russ is just insane though.

The Brow also went for 43-10-6-2 on 17/23 tonight. He turns 22 tomorrow. Not bad.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
CP3 just isn't flashy and the Harden/Curry/Westbrook group are having better seasons, but he's right there with them. LeBron has played himself into that discussion too, but Westbrook's nightly stat lines are really the story right now.

I still think Steph deserves MVP, but right now it's playing out like Foggy predicted, where the media has jumped all aboard the Westbrook train. I'm not even saying he isn't worthy, but I do think it'll be a shame if Steph doesn't come out on top.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
As much as Westbrook is having an amazing stretch of play and a very good season, he won't be voted as the MVP. Just like JJ Watt wasn't voted MVP.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I don't know. If OKC can manage to make it to a 5th or 6th seed it would be hard to argue. They started out so terrible it looked like they weren't even going to make playoffs.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For Westbrook to have a great shot they just need to make the playoffs while he continues to shatter every statistical metric we have for PGs. He is already the scoring leader and is responsible for the most points per game. Plus, he has the most ridiculous play of the year with that full court monster slam. He can't slow down though, if he returns to just elite then he can't take it.

I think it is either going to be Curry or WB. Curry has been upping his highlight game, the video game move against the Clippers and the not watching his shot because he is a baller move. Both A++

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Truth is you could give the award to any of Curry/Westbrook/Harden and you wouldn't be doing anything crazy. All three of those dudes are putting up absolutely insane seasons.